LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The magic five?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The magic five?
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been focusing on the electrolytes/minerals, but perhaps what I have missed is rebalancing the amino acids.

In the links below there are 5 nutrients mentioned to help to cure many cancers.

The nutrients are: arginine, lysine, proline and the anti-oxidants ascorbic acid and Green Tea extract.

What blows me away as how this same nutrient mixture looks to help so many kinds of cancers.

I am wondering if it can help fight lyme also - esp. because I know there is a LOT of "oxidative stress" happening (too many free radicals) and MMP2 and MMP9 are upregulated (collagenase = breakdown of collagen).

Here are some incredible links with "key" sentences only:

Antitumor effect of ascorbic acid, lysine, proline, arginine, and green tea extract on bladder cancer cell line T-24.
PMID: 16734861

Inhibition of cell invasion and MMP production by a nutrient mixture in malignant liposarcoma cell line SW-872

http://www.springerlink.com/content/lw6x25103p4l40x1/

Inhibitory effects of a nutrient mixture on human testicular cancer cell line NT 2/DT matrigel invasion and MMP activity.
...we investigated the effect of a nutrient mixture (NM) containing lysine, proline, arginine, ascorbic acid, and green tea extract on human testis cancer cell line NT 2/DT by measuring cell proliferation/cytotoxicity, modulation of MMP-2 and MMP-9 secretion, and cancer cell invasive potential

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n770801tg3413714/

Antitumor effect of a combination of lysine, proline, arginine, ascorbic acid, and green tea extract on pancreatic cancer cell line MIA PaCa-2

http://www.springerlink.com/content/1grx308670t12513/

Modulation of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea induced mammary tumors in Sprague-Dawley rats by combination of lysine, proline, arginine, ascorbic acid and green tea extract

http://breast-cancer-research.com/content/7/3/R291

Effect of ascorbic acid, lysine, proline and green tea extract on human osteosarcoma cell line MNNG-HOS xenografts in nude mice.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/j832316045j2w1n5/

Anticancer effect of lysine, proline, arginine, ascorbic acid and green tea extract on human renal adenocarcinoma line 786-0

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18226000

Inhibition of Corneal Neovascularization with a Nutrient Mixture Containing Lysine, Proline, Ascorbic Acid, and Green Tea Extract

http://tinyurl.com/nmw3nd

Inhibition of MMP-2 Secretion and Invasion by Human Ovarian Cancer Cell Line SK-OV-3 with Lysine, Proline, Arginine, Ascorbic Acid and Green Tea Extract
M.W. Roomi, N. Roomi, V. Ivanov, T. Kalinovsky, A. Niedzwiecki, M. Rath. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research (2006), 32,141-147.

In vivo antitumor effect of ascorbic acid, lysine, proline and green tea extract on human colon cancer cell HCT 116 xenografts in nude mice: Evaluation of tumor growth and immunohistochemistry.

Uhm....go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Rath

Scroll this point of view:

http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/blog/hugo/2008/02/to-e-or-not-to-e-in-cancer.html

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up...this maybe CRITICAL information!

Tie this together with my "Alka Seltzer post":

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/81827

TOO MUCH inflammation!!!

And not enough NO = nitric oxide?

It appears both Bb and the inflammatory cytokines are downregulating NO.

[ 05-31-2009, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Thanks for all that work, Marnie.

Along similar lines, here's some shocking news, too: people fighting illness need more protein in order to get all the amino acids they need.

Protein helps our bodies make glutathione and that helps the liver detox . . . protein's amino acids help our brain, our hearts, our muscles, etc., etc., etc.,

===================

http://icmr.nic.in/ijmr/2006/august/0804.pdf

- 20 pages

THE REQUIREMENTS OF PROTEIN & AMINO ACID DURING ACUTE & CHRONIC INFECTION . . .

Anura V. Kurpad - Institute of Population Health & Clinical Research, Bangalore, India

129. Indian J Med Res 124, August 2006, pp 129-148. Review Article.

Excerpt: " . . . In general, the amount of EXTRA protein that would appear to be needed is of the order of 20-25 per cent of the recommended intake, for most infections. . . ."

- Full article at link (or google the title if it does not go through).

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

One of the most complete protein "helpers" is good old cheap gelatin...J E L L O.

It may not contain tryptophan though...

http://www.gelatin-gmia.com/html/gelatine_health.html

informative and easy reading in the above link.

In war times a long time ago, people used gelatin to sub. for more expensive meat proteins.

And do we not take gelatin capsules to improve our nails, hair, etc?

Gelatin is a form of collagen.

Bb triggers collagenase (breakdown) via MMP2 and MMP9.

And when you are on "clear liquids" post op in the hospital, what do you get to "eat"?

Jello.

Anthrax causes proteins to leak out.

The anthrax toxin and Bb's toxin both cleave MAPKK-1.

KK = 2 kinases = 2 phosphate transfers.

Cleave the above (MAPKK-1) and 2 phosphate transfers can't happen.

Mitogen activated protein kinase kinase -1.

Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.

Bb ROBS 2 phosphates off of serine-proteins and uses those to make glutamic acid (=glutamate) which it then metabolizes.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent positive info on the anti tumor effects of ascorbic acid.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this up for you Marnie. Please clarify your proposed doses of each of the five supplements.

I have had no impressive reaction to any Abx over the last 8 months of treating so if I saw significant improvement, I GUARANTEE it's attributed to the supplements. [Smile]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seekhelp you might try to explore the following link for supplementing.

http://www.drivemorelife.com/Niteworks_Key_Ingredients.php

According to the nobel prize winning doctor for increasing NO he sponsored the following supplement.

But I'm guessing you could replace this specific supplement with others. at 90 bucks a month the price is pretty steep.

And I agree with Marnie, we need a better view of how amino acids can help rebalance our bodies.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neuro science uses amino acids, among other things, to help rebalance neuro transmitter. Lyme does a number on them, for sure.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there one supplement with these five in it sold somewhere?
Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

I have absolutely NO idea of the dosages and timing and I wouldn't add or subtract anything other than those listed.

If you can pull the full articles of the links I provided, we may get a better idea of dosages and timing.

So far I have not found one supplement that contains all 5. Some contain 3 of the 5.

I would go very slowly with this.

Use only the RDA (follow bottle directions) at first and see your response.

Then decide whether or not to ramp them up.

If you are taking ANYTHING in addition to the above, I don't know if it will potentiate or reduce the effectiveness of whatever else you are taking.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie said none contain all five. You need to buy one supplement that has 2-3 components and buy the other two separately. Doses of each would be a crapshoot.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops! My old eyes misread what Marnie said. So no supplement contains all 5. Got it!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8911 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought too much NO was a problem with those with CFS. The NO situation is confusing.
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

It appears Bb toxin (IF working like the pertussis toxin) leads to the DOWNREGULATION of iNOS -> NO in *macrophages*.

1. The pertussis toxin blocks the *inhibition of* melatonin synthesis (in other words now melatonin IS produced).

Then...

2. "Melatonin suppresses iNOS IN MACROPHAGES"(think of them as our "pac men" defense cells).

"An animal (mouse) model of CFS has "fatigue" induced by a bacterial extract that can induce both the inflammatory cytokines ***and*** also the inducible nitric oxide synthase."

I wonder what bacterial extract they used?!

A lysine deficiency also triggers "tiring easily"!

ANTI (!) TNF alpha treatment:

"anti-TNF-alpha treatment also reduced the expression of iNOS in the macrophages, but did

not affect the iNOS expression in the neutrophils."

Reverse the above:

TNF alpha (body defense) is trying to upregulate iNOS in some cells (macrophages),to counter Bb's toxin which -> more melatonin -> suppression of iNOS in macrophages.

We KNOW Bb has a PKC inhibitor. I think it is inhibiting a subset...PKCd.

"NO also activates protein kinase C (PKC)

and inhibits PKCd,

which results in increased endothelial cell proliferation and migration"

If Bb is inhibiting PKCd already...is it not "acting like" NO normally does?

Because Bb does indeed "use" arginine (and lysine and proline)...

Review:

NO activates PKC

NO inactivates PKCd...just like Bb does! (I think).

So what do WE do to try to activate PKC...we send calcium into the cell which Bb simply transports OUT.

Bb looks to not want PKC activated (the other subsets of PKC)

while

it already INactivates one subset: PKCd.

Let's see...Does this help?

Nitric oxide - activates PKC
Bb - does not want PKC activated

Nitric oxide - inactivates PKCd
Bb - inactivates PKCd

Bb has a protein to export what it doesn't want...and it doesn't want calcium (C) which would activate a phosphate transfer onto a protein.

Bb has a PKC inhibitor. P= protein, K = kinase (transfer phosphate), C= calcium activated.

PKCd (protein kinase C delta) if it WAS not being inhibited by Bb would eliminate neutrophil transendothelial migration.

Our neutrophils are our most abundant WBCs. They contain something called calprotectin...

Calprotectin is supposed to be of help!

"The abundant PMN cytoplasmic protein calprotectin, ***elevated 10- to 100-fold in inflammation***, inhibits the growth of spirochetes

***through chelation of the essential cation, Zn.***

Inflammation -> calprotectin -> zinc chelated.

Since the action of some therapeutic
antibiotics depends on bacterial division, we investigated the antibiotic sensitivities of spirochetes in calprotectin.

In physiologic calprotectin, B. burgdorferi is not eliminated by therapeutic doses of penicillin G; in contrast, doxycycline is effective.

Calprotectin may modify the clearance of spirochetes at sites of inflammation."

http://iai.asm.org/cgi/reprint/74/4/2468.pdf

The reaction of zinc + ascorbic acid concerns me:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/3908x7g2114t8870/

Does/could lysine bind to and reduce zinc levels?

The depletion of endogenous calcium and magnesium

(owing to lead or ethanol exposure)

was also prevented by co-administration of lysine and zinc."

(Bb is depleting lysine and zinc plus more -> depletion of Ca and Mg?)

Ca and Mg are needed to make our antibodies!

P.S. Green tea:

"Polyphenols contained in teas are classified as catechins. Green tea contains six primary catechin compounds: catechin, gallaogatechin, epicatechin, epigallocatechin, epicatechin gallate, and apigallocatechin gallate (also known as EGCG). EGCG is the most studied polyphenol component in green tea and the most active."

Gallate...uhm....as it relates to gallium?

[ 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whey protein would seem to contain plentiful and clean amounts of the amino's? No?
Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

In the links below there are 5 nutrients mentioned to help to cure many cancers.

The nutrients are: arginine, lysine, proline and
the anti-oxidants ascorbic acid and Green Tea extract.

When I went to read about proline, I looked at the reviews for it at iHerb.com.
Several people mentioned that they were using it as part of Linus Pauling's protocol for heart disease.

I've noticed that many of the supplements that are recommended for Lyme are also used for cancer patients.

And now...some of them overlap with heart disease recommendations?

Hmmm....

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Carol is your hmmmm in a bad or good way?
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha....I don't know if it's good or bad.

What has happened, is that after the reading I've done, I now think that the inflammation from Lyme Disease may contribute to heart disease and heart attacks.

And something about Lyme seems to prime the body to get cancer.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I didn't know about a Lyme/cancer connection - wonderful. Like this isn't horrifing enough.
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Whey protein would seem to contain plentiful and clean amounts of the amino's? No? "

Was this a stupid suggestion/question???? Can someone please enlighten me about whey protein as a delivery vehicle for the amino acids of which we speak? thank you, jl

Posts: 268 | From new york city | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Rather than throw ALL of the amino acids into the system, it looks like 3 are especially "critical" to restore.

Along with the 2 anti-oxidants mentioned.

BTW...if any of you are smokers, do NOT take Green Tea WITHOUT also taking vitamin C...according to what I've read.

Bb looks to lock onto our DNA and when we try to oxidize Bb's cell walls via free radicals this may -> DNA damage too - strands break -> cancer.

When I talked to Dr. Kerry Clark on the phone the other day (Bb DNA research U. of North Florida), he mentioned herxes and his "take" is that herxes maybe due to the cell dying after Bb is destroyed.

Too many cells dying too fast = problem. We can't break them down fast enough.

(All of our body cells normally have a life-death cycle and depending on the cell, some cells live just a very brief time - like our stomach cells - while other cells live for many months before they are destroyed and new ones are made).

But it would be good if they do die since they may have damaged DNA in them and ultimately this will cause cancer.

Bb does look to cause the cells in which it is "camped out" to become "He-La" cells. This simply means those cells are "immortal"...

That is...until Bb is destroyed.

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading a lot about noni juice [from whole plant, unsweetened, on an empty stomach], which is supposed to stimulate the body's production of nitric oxide.

Carry

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Marnie,
Are you saying I should not take whey protein but instead JUST the 3 amino acids you speak of?

Are you saying that the body doesn't utilize these 3 from whey like it does from them separately?

thanks, JL

jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

Up for answers on Whey? Many here use it, should we go off it and focus only on the magic 3?
Marnie
Member # 773

I PERSONALLY would follow EXACTLY the recommended supplements and NOTHING ELSE.

We HAVE to halt DNA strand breaks.

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are either of these any good or too many other ingredients?

Total Balance Premium Unisex was $75.15 /30

epican forte (couldn't find a price)

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15594

ALi,

No those aren't what Marnie suggests. If I understand her correctly -and indeed she's not exactly being clear here, except for stating what one SHOULD take as opposed to what else might interfere with these 5- she's says ONLY to take the five supplements in which are in her first post.

Although I still don't see what is wrong with taking both the 5 AND taking something like Whey to get protein and immunoglobulins as well. Can't immagine how that would hurt?

Maybe she is thinking that too many chained-amino acids do not work in the body the same way as individual ones do. Maybe she might clarify her understanding of the biology of this?
thanks, JL

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

The amino acids in the whey protein provide the building blocks for the liver to make glutathione.

As you know, the liver uses glutathione to detoxify the neurotoxins left by the dead Lyme bacteria.

Apparently researchers have found that people who live a long time have a higher level of glutathione.

Carol

jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be totally off base here with simplisty thinking, maybe my brain fog has me over the edge of comprehension ability....but, Marnie said one of the most complete helpers was gelatin regarding collagen etc. Apparently it provides these supplements??

If so, then why not just make and drink natural home madebone broth which produces a healthy gelatin with bone marrow. You just pressure cook bones or slow cook for several hours. It was recommended for me by a naturopath.

Drinking bone broth allows the body to absorb nutrients through the celluar tissue level which was said to be vital when our guts are not absorbing well.

My my weak shattered nails improved remarkably after starting it, but that was not the reason for taking it. Just a side benefit. I was instructed to do it becuase of substantial malabsorption nutrient deficiencies despite a relatively good diet.

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you use HEMP protien instead of WHey??? Hemp I believe is a complete protien?

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Aminoplex by Crayhon, sold by mossnutrition.com.

15 minutes after my first use, all my fibro type muscle pains have gone. Helps tremendously. Although it does not contain ascorbic acid or green tea, I do happen to supplement with ascorbic acid anyway each morning.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeparfait,

I hope you don't mind but I copied the ingredients list from the above aminoplex that you recommended:

Dosage Form: Powder

Servings: 67
Each serving (5 grams) contains:

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5 phosphate) 9.5 mg
Folic Acid 800 mcg
Zinc (zinc alpha-ketoglutarate) 10 mg
Alpha-ketoglutarate 200 mg
5 HTP 15 mg
Magnesium (as glycinate) 5.4 mg
Amino blend (from collagen & added sources) 3910 mg
l-alanine.......374 mg
l-arginine.......260 mg
l-aspartic acid.......212 mg
l-glutamic acid.......358 mg
l-glycine.......653 mg
l-histidine.......102 mg
l-isoleucine.......133 mg
l-lysine.......173 mg
l-methionine.......166 mg
l-phenylalanine.......180 mg
l-proline.......291 mg
l-serine.......114 mg
l-threonine.......200 mg
l-tyrosine.......16 mg
l-valine.......182 mg

Glutamine 125 mg
Taurine 135 mg

Other Ingredients: Hydrolized collagen, citric acid, natural mandarin orange and vanilla flavor, sucralose, xylitol, and silicon dioxide.

Does Not Contain: yeast, wheat gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial coloring or preservatives

DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

I am trying to figure out if these amounts would be similar to what Marnie is suggesting???? And can you find just the things that Marnie suggests singularly and how much of each???

I too supplement with Vitamin C and drink tons of Green Tea, but would be happy to add Green Tea extract to my diet.

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trevor1
Member # 15489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trevor1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. F considers the "mystery bug" to feed on arginine, he recommends avoiding it, doesn't mean you need to. i'm just putting that information out there.
Posts: 59 | From Arizona | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeparfait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ND recommended the My Aminoplex as she said her lyme patients and fibro patients all seem to muscle test strongly for this product and are deficient in amino acids when she muscle tests them.

She finds in general, that a balanced product of all the amino acids work to balance the body, and the body will eliminate the ones that are not necessary. This is a powder and is mixed with water or juice for quick absorption.

She does not recommend only taking one amino acid alone for this reason.

Although she does individually muscle test with ART, each patient. She only recommends this product for those who test positive for it.

I do not use it every day now...only when I test myself for the product....i have learned to do this with a biotenser which is extremely helpful for choosing the product my body needs today and now, and the dosage and time to take.

In the beginning, I needed this each day, and now I am more balanced I believe, as I have not tested positive to need it for the past month. Supplementing this is is not my priority for my body currently.

And I did experience very positive effects. I felt very normal for the first time, with no neck or back pain, cramping in my muscles,etc. I wish I knew about this product or at least about supplementing amino acids 20 years ago!

Marnie's research is amazing. She is right on! This product may not be what Marnie is suggesting with her research...but it has helped me! Individual amino acids could do something else all together...

I will always keep this in my arsenal of products!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on the Magic 5 going on week 2.

I bought them individually at the Vitamin Shoppe and they were not that expensive.

I bought alot of their brand because it was more cost effective.

I'm taking the recommended dosage on each bottle.

See my post for results if you'd like too.

Guinea Pig signing out.....

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6162 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

I don't think we can say this or that works if we add ANY other things into the equation.

I think it is "cost effective" to try hard to zoom into the supps. that absolutely seem to work for everyone. Yea, I know we all eat different foods too which alone messes up the "trial" to a degree.

But...following the recommendations in the links above - to fight the various cancers - I'd try just those 5 for a few weeks and then evaluate the situation.

A lot of trial and error. I know. I would think if something truly works, it would only take a couple of days to notice a difference.

Logically, it likely would be very slight at first if horribly deficient.

For sure, Bb depletes a lot more than those 5 nutrients...Mg, B vitamins, etc.

But we gotta start somewhere and I thought it was very very odd that all those links mentioned the very same supplements to fight cancer (which follows the glycolysis pathway).

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie - what do you think about the ammonia issue??

Copying my post from another post about arginine and ammonia

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_285/ai_n19170382/pg_6/
Herpes viruses need arginine in order to continue replicating (Griffin et al. 1981). Armed now with the knowledge that Lyme spirochetes increase ammonia and mixing arginine with ammonia leads to increased brain swelling and energy deficits, addressing viruses becomes a very important issue in healing from Lyme disease.

Dietary supplementation with the amino-acid L-Lysine helps block the Herpes virus from replicating by several different mechanisms. L-Lysine limits the absorption of L-arginine in the gut; it promotes the rapid, enzymatic breakdown of L-arginine; and it generally antagonizes the growth-promoting actions of arginine on the Herpes viruses (Miller 1984).

Edited to add:
From what this says, taking arginine for lyme patients seems contraindicated because the spirochetes cause increased ammonia and ammonia combined with arginine leads to increased brain swelling and energy deficits.

Also, those of us with certain methylation problems also have difficulty getting rid of ammonia thus we have even more ammonia.

Seems like anyone with lyme disease who is taking arginine without doing something to address excess ammonia is asking for trouble.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerryK,

Today have had a killer headache. Base of skull and back of neck pain so bad that I took 2 Diamox (diuretic) and a pain pill.

Now have a lot of tingling in my head, neck and face.

I've had this reaction before early in my treatment when I started on antibiotics.

I'm gonna post more in my thread about starting the magic 5.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6162 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aklnwlf,
So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time of it. I'm a bit worried about the ammonia issue for you. Your symptoms seem like they could be related to brain swelling.

Perhaps back down on the supplements for now and get ammonia under control? Then go back on the supplements and at the same time try to keep ammonia under control.

Hope you feel better soon.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

SEE MY OTHER POST TODAY RE: NH3 FOR ALASKA.

ACTUALLY...SEE THE RELATIONSHIP

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/117887416/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

BB TRIGGERS MMPS THAT BREAKDOWN COLLAGEN - TO GET THE AMINO ACIDS IT NEEDS TO BUILD ITS CELL WALLS ?

GO HERE - SCROLL DOWN A BIT

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/resoflysprol.html

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am off the L-Lysine, L-Proline and L-Arginine. Headaches are too bad.

Also for safe measure am not taking GABA either.

Trying to see if I'll feel better.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what ever happened with this?

Is anyone still taking these things and are you doing well?

Thanks

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement