LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » magnetic therapy for lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: magnetic therapy for lyme
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried magnetic therapy for Lyme in Idaho?
http://lymestop.com/qa.html

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karawhite
Member # 41374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karawhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen this before and even called the office to find out more about it...I spoke to one of the secretaries and they sounded wishy washy about..promised to give a reference but never did....from what she told me it seems that people have to constantly come back for treatment....

but who knows...

Posts: 47 | From new york | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://lymeoutlyndsey.com/2013/09/19/new-lyme-treatment/#comments
Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD had a mechanic mattress in his office for a little while back in 2005, but it soon was taken away.

I assume he did not think it worked.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8929 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Auto-correct strikes again! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was another thread on this awhile back.

Just remember ANY doctor can call themselves Lyme literate.

The worst healing treatment I ever got was from a chiropractor. I felt better right after a treatment, but it didn't cure or fix anything. I was worse off in the long run because it just prolonged getting proper treatment.

Lymestop basically sounds like a combination of magnets and acupuncture points. It may help with symptom relief. Doubtful it will eradicate Lyme and all the co-infections.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember, the person who did the blog was ALSO taking antibiotics.

I just found the other thread on this:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=127034;p=0#000002

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you asking specifically in Idaho, or are you asking in general about magnetic therapy?

No question it helps. Take the PEMF machine, for example - stands for Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Frequency - we hold a coil as it clicks pulses of e'm energy which boosts our body's e'm energy and makes everything work better.

Our bodies work on electromagnetic energy and sick bodies have much lower energy. It was first used to heal injured horses to return them more quickly to the racetrack.

When I did PEMF machine sessions, the constant tinnitus in my ears went silent for 6 hours. I asked a top LLMD about it and he said it probably quieted down the nerves to my ears.

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Ondamed therapy electromagnetic therapy?
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We haven't tried PEMF, but here is an interesting video produced by Magda Havas about both the good and bad effects that can be produced by EMFs:

http://www.magdahavas.com/rapid-aging-syndrome-pemf/

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ondamed is a electro magnetic device.

http://www.ondamed.net/about-us.html

I have had about 4 months of 3 sessions a month now. For me it is a good adjunct therapy. It is approved for by the FDA for pain management and seems to reduce my inflammation. My sessions run an hour and the practitioner can clearly identify where I have issues.

I would probably do much better if I had more frequent treatments but because of work I just cannot get there more than 3 times a month. About 90 minutes after a treatment I feel energized and somewhat more calm. I have been working on Bart and liver pain and it improves from session to session. However I had to take 3 weeks off and both came right back.

That is when I started Doug Coiling daily (was 3 times a week) to keep the Bart load down. I hope to coil for Bart twice daily starting in a couple of weeks.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnets take away some pain for awhile

Ondamed made me feel better when i tried it at conference but at home four months with practitioner did nothing

3 days...2 weeks...on abx...i just dont understand how they can say these things. False advertising means nothing now

We live in a land of liars

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in driving distance from this clinic. I called them but they are closed on Fridays so I'll try next week.
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pyZ02PGEPb0J:http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA228805

Above link is Dr.Weil's "take".

Magnets may help relieve some symptoms only, IMO.

[ 08-24-2015, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this similar to PEMF? My LLMD got a PEMF machine last year. He said it has great payoffs for his patients with pain reduction, but didn't seem to think it was curative for Lyme.

I tried it once for a headache but it didn't do anything. Although it could have been because I wasn't holding it close enough. I was a little freaked out by putting magnets right next to my brain!

The concept sounds interesting but from a quick review of the website, I noticed it sounds like a one size fits all approach in terms of -- you will be cured in x number of visits. I'm always a little leery of those kinds of claims. Please report back if you try it!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called the Idaho lymestop clinic yesterday and I just got a return call today. I didn't get as much info from the assistant as I'd hope because he insisted that all questions be emailed and asked.

I did get a little information though. They are booked out into January or later and there is a $500 nonrefundable deposit. Needless to say, they are very busy.

Yow!

I'm not sure whether I still have lyme or not so I asked whether the coinfections could be treated separately. He said they were included in the lyme package.

I've emailed some other questions and will post here when I get a response.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Here are answers to my questions to the clinic:

Your website says that Dr. Smith hopes to train others. Has that process begun and are there any trained people?
The training has yet to be scheduled due to Dr. Smith's current heavy workload and travel. It is possible training will occur sometime in the future.

Is there a special diet to be followed?
Nutrition is discussed after treatment has been completed. Dietary requirements are tailored to each individual.

Can we purchase the recommended supplement from our own sources?
The cost of the package with supplements is $3000; without any supplements is $2000. You would not be able to pick and choose supplements.

Best regards,
Drew
Office Asst./Supplements

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement