LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » herx from dermal application of clove bud oil???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: herx from dermal application of clove bud oil???
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I have started rubbing diluted clove bud oil on my son's jaw line and around his ears twice daily because my practitioner thinks that his remaining babesia is in this area and in his eyes. The clove oil tested as killing babesia. His last babesia symptoms are irrational crying tantrums and hallucinating colored spots.

Prior to starting the clove oil, his tantrums had been less frequent but he had one today at school. The teacher called me about it. I really wonder if this is from die off from the clove oil we started about 6 days ago.

I know this stuff kills bacteria, even just through dermal application. I have cured bad ear infections in two of my kids by putting it (diluted) around the ears and on the jaw line. Didn't use any abx. I also did a google search and it has been used as antimalaria treatments in recent history, so it is not a stretch to think that it can work on babesia.

What do you think? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried it on yourself?

Clove oil is very strong and a tiny bit goes a long way.

I tried it a year ago just a couple drops on neck. Never did it again....

Maybe now I could tolerate it.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I use it on myself as well, especially when I have a cold, but I have not experienced any die off from it. I am not as sick as my children, however.

I really think this behavior might have been a herx because today he has been better and he says he is not seeing as many spots. I am also using it on my other son who was recently reinfected with bart and his behavior has gotten a bit worse since starting it. Seems like he may be herxing too. I have heard some use it for bart.

I know it is very strong and dilute only one drop in lotion before I spread it on anyone. Did you dilute it when you used it?

Why did you not use it again? What happened when you used it? Do you think you herxed from it?

Thanks,

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neck hurt so bad I wanted to scream...Afraid to try it again... I was just looking for pure cinnamon oil for the holidays and some have it also...

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I have herxed from it, but have used clove (thieves oil - blend of clove and cinnamon) for endless things.

Killing poison ivy, dental infections, disinfecting my toothbrush daily, toenail fungus, mystery skin spots. I've rubbed it on my stomach area for suspected parasites (and yes, it works). Dilute and swish in mouth for thrush.

Rub it on chest and bottom of feet when felt like I was coming down with cold or bronchial symptoms. (Had my sister do this last week for bronchitis, and she wasn't even coughing by the end of the day). My nephew was able to get rid of poison oak finally after using it.

I have a thieves oil spray that I keep in my purse and use it as disinfectant in public places.

Just a little does a lot. No wonder it's been used for centuries.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Julie,
Thanks for the great info. So, do you always use it when you have a cold? How does rubbing it on the feet get rid of the bronchial symptoms? My boys are both coughing terribly now from a cold.

Have you ever tried clove bud oil or do you always use the thieves oil? Can the thieves oil be put directly on the skin or do you need to dilute it? Doesn't it hurt to rub it directly on poison ivy?

Thanks!

tickbattler

psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't used clove oil, but I have herxed from many other topicals, including virgin coconut oil, bee venom ointment, ozonated olive oil, Flagyl ointment, essential lemon oil, etc.

I might try clove oil too based on your post. One of the nice things about virgin coconut oil is that you can apply it around the eyes without any real risk of toxicity. I have used that and the Flagyl ointment everywhere, including around my eyes, right up to the lashes, all around the soft tissue in the area, even into my nostrils, and it does make me herx.

I tried it because I have a lot of eye issues too, and sensed that I have these issues because those areas are simply loaded with Babs, Lyme, and other cos. The first time I herxed really strongly, but it's gotten to be less and less severe.

My experience w/topicals is that they really play an important role in our treatment.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW - I had no idea these topicals could be so valuable.

Makes total sense to me. Thanks for the good information.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry - lost this thread.

Yes, I always give it a try when I feel like I'm coming down with something. The ND who first recommended it to me assured me this was the quickest way to help draw out the dead bacteria - your feet have the most sweat glands.

I only use the thieves oil blend from Young Living.

I typically use it undiluted - just a tiny amount goes a long way. Just try a drop at a time. Clove is a 'hot' oil and may cause some irritaion if you use too much. You could always put it in some organic lotion and rub it in (particularly for abdominal use for parasites).

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to try this for bronchial issues........sounds like there are a lot of good uses for it.
Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement