LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » cpompressed disc in neck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cpompressed disc in neck
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
been dealing with some minor neck pain. Had xrays done and it showed a few discs that were compressed in my neck.

Started seeing a chiropractor. Who has been doing wonders for me. A lot energy work some adjusting not much.

Last night got up due to headache and neck pain/tingly hands. [confused]

Any suggestions?

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thi disease definately causes minor problems to seem like major ones. It can cause your whole arm to fall asleep as if its dead if you sleep in the wrong position.
This can be alarming, since it seems so strongly tied to disk issues and not Lyme.
I'm not saying you don't have disk issues. But it may be the case that you wouldn't even notice them if it were not for the Lyme. I very much believe that Lyme irritates the nerves and causes these problems.
As long as your medical professionals are not alarmed and you trust their judgement, you might just want to relax. It can be pretty scary but if your arm falls asleep or is tingling just think "yeah so what, this will pass."

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, thanks. I agree just chill. I hope that it helps.

I have had this happen before so i shouldn't be surprised.

Now I don't even notice it. [Smile]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
janice, you're doing the rifampin with me and like you my neck is suffering. My neck pain is not minor. I'd rate it an 8.

The pain is spending like fingers sensations into my head. Nothing is touching it the last 2 days.

Really weird neuro feeling. It seems to be from inflammation?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell everyone now with neck/spinal issues to look into the atlas/axis chiro treatmeny.

http://www.uppercervicalcare.com

montel williams has done this too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiOtb6yM_ow

an MRI showed bulging disks in my neck...since doing this treatment X-rays not MRI shows neck bones moved into correct position.

It is NOT regular chiro neck adjustments and only a few chiro are certified in this. It is 2 more years of school.

You are not adjusted each visit but "scanned" & if scan is "off"..adjustment is done.

Even the adjustment isn't like regular chiro adjustment.

There is only 2 docs in the state of CT...none in RI.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Pam,have been using rifampin for about 4 weeks now. If I look back, the pain didn't start til then.

The pain in the neck was seven at times. The inflamation is definitely neuro. My head is foggy and has been about two weeks and my neck on and off.

I'll be curiuos to see if this goes away once we change the med.

I'm going to google the med and possible side effects.

Janice

--------------------
jkv44

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've got compression at c2, 3 and 4 and my lower back is really bad.

i sympathsize with you. i get the numb arms and hands when i sleep in the wrong position.

and let's not even talk about my lower back.

i think they called mine "ankloysing spondylitis" or something like that. anyway, it hurts.

i tried the chiros, didn't work, made it worse.

when it gets real bad i just take alleve.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement