LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Don't think this is a COINCIDENCE, do you????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don't think this is a COINCIDENCE, do you????
terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 5 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I brought my original post from late last night back up to the top..............

This POSITIVE IgM-23 result for BOTH my husband and myself at the same time.......

Husband's 1st time to ever even be tested. Makes you wonder. Also, he's positive for HHV-6, which I've been highly positive for a long time.

What do any of you make of this? (Other than we obviously need to test further --- maybe --- AND that we need to be treated at the same time --- I would think.)

Thanks so much for any feedback. I have a doctor's appt. today at 2:30 and wanted some advice. This is with my "main" doctor, whom my husband doesn't particularly care for, due to personal reasons.)

Appreciate any input!

terri3boys

Posts: 268 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see no need for further testing except for coinfections.

Maybe this is what will help you get well.

Does he have symptoms?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, why more testing? Band 23 pretty much speaks for itself in my opinion. And as Lymetoo ask, does your husband have symptoms?

This is all interesting to me, since me and my husband have discussed him getting tested.......out of curiousity; but he never does. At one time he thought he might have some subtle symptoms, but he always made excuses for them, and I am pretty sure he doesn't have lyme. He functions like a normal person. Still there is that curiousity.

If your husband has symptoms, then of course he needs treatment.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I was thinking the same thing......WHY keep testing????? I, personally, am SO sick of testing for so many things.

I'm not talking just blood tests. I'm talking spinal taps, nerve biopsies, CTs, MRIs, endoscopy (just last week with 12 biopsies taken), tilt table testing, heart scan, you NAME it!

So many tests, I can't even remember them! I was so lucky to talk my hubby into taking a list of things for his urologist to hopefully add to his lab request!

Thank goodness we both see and know this urologist well and he agreed to do them. Once the results were in though, his office called to see where they could send the results! They didn't want to deal with it anymore, which is okay and understandable.

Problem is........my hubby doesn't even GO to a primary care doctor that I could have the results sent to! I think this sort of opened his eyes.

You would think that the 2 cancers would have opened his eyes, but he's one of those "John Wayne" type of guys who thinks he's juuuusssst fine.

He works out just about every day, eats a healthy diet, keeps his stress under control (that I can see), easy going & calm (unless UT loses!), has more energy than most 53 y/olds I know, has a very positive outlook on life and practices what he preaches -------

Okay, I'll stop! Can you tell how much I love him? Ha, ha!

To answer your question about symptoms: I would have to say "not that I SEE." He seems to just have normal aches & pains from an old knee injury in college. He doesn't really complain about anything, though.

I wouldn't have even thought to have him tested for Lyme if I had to base it on symptoms. Let's put it that way.

I saw the opportunity to have him tested & I had asked him about being tested before, which he never pursued & I quit asking him.

THIS time, I typed out a quick list of things for him to ask the doctor to add. They both actually followed through. Truthfully, I thought the tests would all come back negative.

By LabCorp, he tested negative for Bartonella (both kinds), Babesia microti & Babesia WA-1 (duncani), Ehrlichia, CMV.

He was positive for HHV-6 IgG. The only Lyme band that showed positive was IgM band 23. All IgG bands were negative. His EBV IgG numbers were high, like mine.

One thing I did notice is that his WBC and RBC numbers were teetering on falling on the low side. My RBC is always low, along with my MCV high.

Anyway, that's all I know at this point. I've just got to figure out what to do next. Of course, all of this is happening at a crazy time for us.

Our nephew just had a brain tumor removed on Friday (which they think is benign, thank goodness) and our oldest son is getting married in 5 weeks, which is also on the same weekend our middle son graduates from college!

No stress around here at all! Ha, ha!!!!!

Thanks for your input. I agree with you. Maybe we can pin down one of the main "culprits" and both of us get treated at the same time. Maybe it WILL get us well!

Take care,
terri3boys

Posts: 268 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an interesting subject.

I have always wanted my boyfriend to get tested especially since I heard Dr. S. in CA say that it can be transmitted through saliva.

My boyfriend refuses to get tested. At this point the concern was no longer for him but for me. If I am taking all of this medicine and getting re-infected what's the point of it all.

It's a difficult call when a partner is a-symptomatic and doesn't believe that Lyme can be transmitted.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terri3boys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terri3boys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, this is an interesting subject, unfortunately. It's a difficult call all the way around.

Everyone has different sx, or no sx; separate health factors get mixed in; even the way our bodies respond are different; timing; the list goes on and on.

Now I'm worried about our 15 y/o son. Our older 2 boys are from my 1st marriage. So, WHO may have had Lyme and WHEN?

First husband? Me? My current (and last) husband? If both my husband & I are testing IgM positive for band 23 at the same time, that's one answer.

I would think that I more than likely possibly passed Lyme to my 15 y/o. Wouldn't you? Do I test him, or will his results even matter? I'm even more confused than I realized.

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think testing is only neccessary if you are symptomatic. If your son has no symptoms, why test him? Treatment is for those who are ill.

Treatment last until you are symptom free, thus no need to treat someone who is already symptom free.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe test your son so he knows whether or not he needs to be concerned about passing it? Of course, a negative means nothing.
Wouldn't treat if there were no sx...

[ 10-26-2010, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: onbam ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you tested positive for syphilis or gonorhea would you have him tested? Latent infection in him could easily come back to reinfect you !
Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement