LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone receive treatment at...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone receive treatment at...
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see website below:

http://www.lyme-disease-testing.com/lyme-reading-pa.html

I know it cannot be true...just checking if anyone has been there and their results.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also very interested in anyones experiences with this center.
Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
These are the top three phrases that most disturb me but I am too tired to pull up all the sources to verify why I know these are dangerous comments & dangerous outlooks. Others can do that.
------------------

1. . . . PCR technology, when used properly, can conclusively confirm the presence of Lyme infection pre-treatment and the absence of Lyme infection post-treatment. . . .

. . . 5. Our experience shows that 88% of our Lyme patients are cured within 56 days. 
That is based on hundreds of cases. We define cure not as symptom free but Lyme free. . . .

. . . 6. We will work with you until we have scientific proof that Lyme disease is cured.

It's not enough for us that your symptoms are relieved. We want proof that the bacteria are no longer present in your body. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Jennie,

Aside from the fact that the test they use is inadequate to determine absence of lyme, you might contact the Lyme Support Groups in that region for patient experiences with treatment methods and thoroughness regarding other tick-borne infections that are not mentioned at the site.

In the FAQ, they misspell Igenex. That lack of attention to detail matters when we are talking about medical care. They also deny gestational lyme, against medial proof otherwise.

On the adjunct treatment page, I can see the possibility that a lot of money could go down the tubes by adding on stuff rather than keeping after the infection. And I'm a big fan of support methods, but this page seems to steer away from lyme as a cause for many symptoms.

Now, many of the things they say do sound promising and they do seem to get the fact that lyme can be devastating. But I've seen too many few red flags.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Keebler...

They don't even mention what protocall they follow and fail to mention ILADS at all!

Cured within 56 days is a "RECKLESS" statement!! we all Know better, I'd be very cautious...

And NO test is full proof to tell us if we have "IT" or if we "DON"T"!!

proceed with caution when they say they won't treat unless positive results in Labs...That SCREAMS CDC guidelines to me!!

laughed my ass off with the spelling errors on that site!

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just googled the Dr's name who runs that clinic.

Please read patient reviews on vitals.com
and more detailed reports on
www.ratemds.com

can't post his name, put it's on the clinic's site.

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard negative things about this place for a long time. Do not be fooled.

Do a search for past discussions.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it was too good to be true....wishful thinking.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjfrank
Member # 26985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjfrank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, I knew that it all sounded too wonderful to be true.

I was thinking, darn, need to pack my bags and go there. Camp out at the front door until they either see me or have me arrested.

Haha haha, wishful thinking. Got so excited reading it that I didn't even see the typos.

How many other people are going to have this reaction.

I forgot for a few minutes. There is no cure for someone like me.

--------------------
cjfrank

IGG Western Blot - negative
IGG Bands Detected - p18
IGM Western Blot - positive
IGM Bands Detected - p23, p41

Posts: 49 | From Maine | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement