LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Vibrations At Night So Strong Waking Me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vibrations At Night So Strong Waking Me
jac123
Member # 28247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jac123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this sounds crazy,but what little sleep I get because of sweats,is now being disrupted by Vibrations that I actually feel like when they wake my Im actually shaking or seizing.this was one of my many complaints (Pretest)In the day time or when sitting Not At Night.Now on abx and they moved into My Sleep.Please tell me its Normal.Thanks
Posts: 72 | From illinois/wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This does not sound crazy at all. To reply, I need more detail - so will others.

From your posting history:
-----------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/100108?

Topic: First visit with a LLMD - 21 October, 2010

You wrote:

�Ok found a LLMD.It was brief visit since he will be unavailable for 3weeks.He did not want to be more aggresive since he will be out of town.He gave me Probiotic,Atenol,and Clarithromyacin to start.

Our next visit will be more formal.He statd it was a Sophisticated and Deadly Disease and it will be long haul.Any input would be appreciated...� (end quote)

================

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/100266#000000

Topic: When does herx start? - 27 October
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
So, you started treatment about 12 days ago. Your LLMD will return in about 10 days or so (math is not my strong suit).

I know nothing about atenol so I can't address that. However, the symptoms you describe are very common with lyme and also as a herx from treatment.

MAGNESIUM and FISH OIL are the two best ways to help calm that down. LIVER SUPPORT, too.

And, now, I'm just too tired to post details but will come back later. Others will hopefully add to this as what you describe really is very typical.
-

[ 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jac123
Member # 28247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jac123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did have these vibrations but not so bad and only in the day time that I was aware of,prior to my positive test results.Met with lmd,however he would be out of town and said he wanted to start me slow abx since he would be out of town for 3 weeks,startd meds on the 13th of Oct.He is due back on 8th of Nov.I now have (shingles) but these Vibrations are waking me violently out of much needed rest and kinda scary actually they are mostly in the trunk of my body.I am also on antiviral for Shingles and Attenolol is for heart palps. and biaxin twice daily.
Posts: 72 | From illinois/wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
jac, in order to read your post, I need to break up the text - and also add some spaces between punctuation marks. Many here also need shorter paragraphs with white space breaks - so you'll get more replies.
-------------------

jac123 writes:

I did have these vibrations but not so bad and only in the day time that I was aware of,prior to my positive test results.

Met with lmd,however he would be out of town and said he wanted to start me slow abx since he would be out of town for 3 weeks,startd meds on the 13th of Oct.

He is due back on 8th of Nov.I now have (shingles) but these Vibrations are waking me violently out of much needed rest and kinda scary actually they are mostly in the trunk of my body.

I am also on antiviral for Shingles and Attenolol is for heart palps. and biaxin twice daily.

(jac123)
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Is there someone covering for your LLMD? Does he have a nurse practitioner (NP) or Physician's Assistant (PA)?

If there is even an office manager, could you ask them - or a nurse - about taking magnesium with the Rx that you are on.

Or call a pharmacist. MAGNESIUM is the usual helper for such tremors. Fish Oil, too.

Did the LLMD give you any suggestions for support supplements?

Unsure of how magnesium might affect your antiviral Rx and the attenolol, I hesitate to suggest anything. There are couple nurses here - and others who may have experience with all this.

I hope you are avoiding all artificial sweeteners and MSG. Google for the names that aspartame hides under, then google for all the names for MSG. They will make the tremors worse.

Also avoid caffeine.

I might suggest a warm bath in epson salts but, with shingles, that could irritate the rash. A warm epson salt FOOT bath, though, may be good.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lyme creates magnesium deficiency. What you describe is a degree of myoclonus. I've dealt with many levels of that and magnesium and fish oil are the best helpers for me, along with treating infection(s).

But that may not be enough. You likely need better liver support. Still, here is the place to start with understanding what may be happening, as magnesium does help the liver and the nervous system and muscle contractions.

It is best to speak with someone from your doctor's office before taking anything, though.
-------------------

http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm

The Importance of Magnesium to Human Nutrition

(thanks to Carol in PA for this link)
-

TX Lyme Mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jac123, your situation sounds serious enough that you should call your doctor's office and speak with the nurse. If the nurse is concerned enough, s/he will contact the doctor about it. The nurse can also guide you about whether to discontinue any of your medications or not.

I'm not sure you should be seeking advice for such a potentially serious complaint as this from other lay persons and patients here in this forum. Taking even simple home remedies or herbal remedies might not be a good idea either, considering the arsenal of other Rx medications that you are currently on.

It's too easy to get in the habit of turning to the internet when we should be reaching for the telephone to contact the doctor's office. Obviously, he was worried enough about you that he didn't want to treat you with heavier meds during his absence, so he would most likely want to know if you are having problems now. His nurse will know whether it's serious enough to contact him or not and his nurse can also offer you the reassurance that you need.

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jac,

If you're talking about internal vibrations, it can be one of the symptoms of lyme. I had these from the very beginning and felt like I was sitting on a jack hammer.

The vibrations were very strong when I was herxing. Is this what you are referring too? There have been several posts in the past about this.

If you type internal vibrations into the search bar at the top, you will see these posts. See if it sounds familiar to you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jac123
Member # 28247

Yes,my PCP I am in touch with,thats who gave me Antiviral for Shingles.

Although she diagnosed me she admits to not knowing much about the disease.

I did call LLMD,but just to advise about shingles,in case he wanted to change up meds.

Really didnt think the Vibrations were as important as mentioning Shingles.

As I said he will be back on the 8th of Nov.I have appt soon after his return.

My PCP asked to Not take anything out of my normal vitamins because of shingles.

I dont think its from Meds because I had them
before even being diagnosed.Just not at night.

Thank you for your help and support I did read postings on vibrations and I guess I am not alone.

Hope my typing is better for you.LOL Im trying

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement