LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "lyme will burn out over time".....HA!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "lyme will burn out over time".....HA!!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend went to her doctor and he told her this crap "oh lyme will burn itself out over time, you'll get better, don't worry."

what an idiot!!!

"burn itself out"....anybody else heard this???

i told her to get herself a real doctor, but she's out in the country...i told her get in the car and drive....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he go to med school in a hollow tree?

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
humm...let's infect him with lyme and see if it burns out in time. Would he be a willing subject?

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollow tree, Rutgers, from what I understand, they do not teach about Lyme in ANY school....
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes, a top-ranked neurologist at our teaching medical university told me that lie. He was also an instructor at OHSU - Oregon Health Sciences University. Oregon is no place to get lyme but I had gone for help with my neck, I knew they did not know about lyme but just mentioned it, still hoping against all hope for some help.

"Lyme would have burned itself out by now," he said, unaware of the ignorance in that. When I raised both eyebrows, he repeated and added a time frame and said Rx is never really necessary: "yes, it burns itself out in about 3 weeks - with or without any medication."

It's actually a standard phrase that doctors have been told to tell anyone concerned about lyme. It's what they teach in many medical colleges. It's more frequently used by doctors who are condescending and think their patients are all hypochondriacs.
-

[ 11-02-2010, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much for science based medicine.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and the tick-infested hollow tree that I mentioned above is not to be confused with Keeblers tick-free tranquil tree house, which would of course be a very Lyme Literate place...

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Cactus,

Yeah, I figure if I ever do get my home in the woods, it would be such a miracle that it would, naturally, also be free of vectors and varmints.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Keebler - It will absolutely be free of all of those things, and a haven for you and any other LL people you choose to invite into your space for a nice cup of tea and tick-free conversation.

Every time I read your sig line I have a mental image of your glorious tree house (it's fabulous, by the way) ... so you are getting lots of positive visualization from this end.

And now back to randibear's hijacked thread... [Smile]

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Catcus, I got a good LOL, and a good image, too.

Adding to that: It will need a wrap around covered deck for song circles and tree-house concerts in all seasons - a writing niche and art deck - and a geothermal turquoise soaking pond surrounded by layers of red rocks upon which to sunbathe.

Merci Beaucoup.
-

TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree, lyme will burn out. WHEN YOU DIE!!!
Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, Terry. (sadly)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme will burn out Things over time!
Like your thyroid, adrenals & CNS. [Big Grin]

What a totally naive statement to make about a whole family of potentially devastating bacteria. Especially for an M.D. [Eek!] E-Gads!

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow I think if a doctor said this to me now I might get an assault charge

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Mall:
wow I think if a doctor said this to me now I might get an assault charge

Paul

Me too!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement