LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Candida!! Have you had it. what should I do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Candida!! Have you had it. what should I do?
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so my LLMD doesnt think that what I have now is active lyme. he thinks my lyme was resolved since i caught it so early last year.

The lyme doctor thinks what I have now is candida yeast overgrowth from all the antibiotics. i was on 200 mg of doxy for 6 months straight,.

although I guess I didnt know if I believed in this diagnosis. every single gastrointestinal doctor i contacted said they didnt beleive in yeast overgrowth of the stomach and that it can make you feel lightheaded and make your eyes sore and hurt etc etc.

i am currently on an antifungal supplement and taking a probiotic. as well as not eating any sugar or bread.

i went to an allergist and he told me it sounds like i have chronic sinusitis. i heard from someone on this board that candida can cause sinusitis.

so ,. why did it take so long for me to get this candida? i stopped all antibiotics back in april and wouldnt the candida have happened earlier?

how do i know if i have it or not for a fact

someone help thanks im so confused and just want to feel better.

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add that I have no gastrointestinal symptoms. i have always been kind of a constipated person

I dont have any yeast in my vagina or mouth. i have been checked for that

my biggest symptoms are pressure around my eyes,. my eyes feel sore and heavy and tired and filmy. i have to blink a bit to clear them whent they get kinda hazy. i just feel gross. and lightheaded.

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What anti-fungal supplement and what probiotic?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

They gave me theralac to take 2 times a day and UNDECENOIC ACID antifungal supplement. take it 3 times a day
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

50 mg in each undecenoic acid tablet
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theralac is good. [Smile] I'm not familiar with the other.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

I'm not saying I dont believe in candida. i kno it can be real

but i have no stomach symptoms. i have no trush at all in my mouth,. ever. and I have no yeast in my urine.

plus why would I be getting this so long after I stopped doxy. i stopped it back in april. wouldn i have gotten candida way back then? or after it?

i didnt take any probiotic or eat any yogurt when I was on the doxy for 6 months so thats why I kind of beleive I might have candida from it.

but why did it come so late. 5 months after I stopped it? all of a sudden my levels get thrown off and candida grows?

lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

yea. hopefully the supplement will help me. ive been doing this for a week and I really dont see any improvement yet.
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

i dont kno how to properly test for it. i had my urine cultured and no yeast grew out. i had my mouth swabbed and cultured and no yeast grew out. I just dont know. i kno that one of the byproducts of it is ethanol. so I had my blood-alcohol test done and it came back as 0.
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
200mg of doxy is a low dose so you might not have gotten rid of the lyme. You also might have co-infections which often cause the eyes to be irritated.

I am not an expert on yeast problems but it seems to me that you would have obvious symptoms of a coating on the tongue and not get it months after quitting the abx.

I would see another LLMD.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didnt take any probiotic or eat any yogurt when I was on the doxy for 6 months so thats why I kind of beleive I might have candida from it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh yes... You probably have it if you didn't take probiotics at the time. It can sneak up on you. You may not have recognized the symptoms since they are so similar to Lyme symptoms.

You may need some Diflucan (prescription).

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida goes systemic and may not how up in cultures...trust me I am LIVING it right now.

Suggestion....switch LLMD's.

I am agreeing that this seems more like an ongoing infection. 200mg Doxy? What kind of LLMD thinks that is enough?

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement