LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pain in chest makes breathing hard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain in chest makes breathing hard
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have pain in the right side of my ribs that is making breathing painful. Sometimes it travels up into my neck muscles or into my back. I haven't had this before. A sore spot on one rib yes, but not this.

I was trying to get rid of the yeast and have not been on abx for three weeks. Was hoping to get by on herbs until appointment with LLMD next week. Guess I will go back on the drugs. This feels like lyme but most of my recent symptoms have seemed like babesia although I haven't been diaganosed with that yet.

I have air hunger, am gasping for air and it hurts! Could this be babesia?

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better.

Daughter has had sore chest and breathing issues for weeks.

She just started Diflucan , I feel in her case it may be yeast related.

Not sure if it is the same case for you.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah! Were you taking Mepron?

This summer I misunderstood my LLMD and went off of Mepron.

Within two weeks I thought that I was having a heart attack, except it seemed to be releaved by getting a gentle back massage by my husband.

The pain shot up my arm, back shoulder blades , and heart pain! It was intense and we really stressed out. Then I was bedridden and completely exhausted.

This pain went away after I was back on 2 weeks on Mepron. I am still on Mepron, 3 months later, and the pain has not returned. At the same time, I was starting to ramp up my AMOX doses.

Hope this helps! let me know! PM me if you need or have more questions.

Oh yeah, I also went and had a lab test to see if I had a heart attack, but it was negative!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nefferdun,

I know the exact feeling you're having. Mine had become so bad, I was forced to sleep on my stomach just to feel relief from the pressure in the chest.

It has improved a lot of the last 11 months, but not completely healed.

I believe it's some kind of inflammation in the wall of the chest. Sometimes it would radiate pain around the sides. Sometimes a sharp pain on the left or right side of chest.

Do you have any hypothyroid symptoms? I believe I developed thyroiditis in the midst of this symptom; with cold intolerance, cold hands and feet, dry skin, hair loss...

As the inflammation is relieving in the chest, my thyroid symptoms have improved.

I don't know about Babesia. I've been on a mild Babesia treatment including Bactrim DS and Artemisinin since May. I really don't believe it's had much of an effect on this problem.

However, if it is thyroid related, you need some thyroid...more like Adrenal help.

There is a condition, and I can't find the name of it, but if you find relief sitting up, and more problems laying down then it's basically some kind of inflammation.

The treatment is to use a large dose of Ibuprofen for 2 weeks. I did a small dose, and it helped.

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the thoughts. I am not on mepron. The yeast that was on my tongue is much better, nearly gone. It isn't related to my heart because it is on the right side, not the left. It is some really painful spasm or something.

I took a zithro to see if it helps. In the past I have gotten bad muscle pain, usually in my right arm but also my back and legs. It is hard to determine what symptoms comes from what infection.

Maybe it is babesia as you had similar pain, missing, when you quit mepron which must have let the babesia come back. Sure wish it would quit so I can breath. It is spasms as it just comes on intensely. Just now.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I missed your post wolfed out as I was posting when you did.
I do take thyroid medication and as I have not been taking the abx I have been missing it some. Maybe that is partly it. I feel extremely tired too.

It is like getting knifed some times. Makes me moan when that happens. And it is worse when I lay down and better when I stand up. I will take some ibuprofen. Goes all the way through to my back.

--------------------

littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the same pains. It even ended me up in the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack, especially since I'm lucky if my heart rate gets under 120.

It's really painful and it sucks because not only are you in pain, but you can barely breathe.

By treating with my current abx I think we've confirmed my DX of Bart (blood test neg for both babs and bart) but babs is still a mystery.

But I think I got Lyme from a tick years ago and bart from the fleas I got bit by at work, because it was shortly after that, that all my symptoms appeared.

Anyway I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Thanks everyone. I used a headache rub on product (think it is called HeadOn) and that calmed it down. I went back on my abx. This morning I had a few brief spasms, if that is what it is. So glad they are gone. That really hurt!

--------------------

Curley911
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curley911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium solved this for my neice ...worked fast and well.
Posts: 982 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
esp ReMag!! The best magnesium product ever!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement