LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Overly emotional

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Overly emotional
BHealthyNow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BHealthyNow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having a flare of some kind, and I am overly emotional, crying over nothing. I am pretty sure the lyme is well treated and the flare is either bart (which we've been treating) or babs, which I only have one low igm titer for and we've never treated. Is being overly emotional related to one of the infections more than the others?

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, possible Babs
Currently on IV Doxy, Bactrim, Zithromax, Nystatin, Mepron
Been on nearly every antibiotic since 10/09

About 60% improvement. Dizziness, air hunger remain.
http://lemonandlyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 333 | From Boise | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I think it's more of a bartonella symptom - but it can be for any of the infections. Toxicity is one reason. Liver stress from both infection and from medicines. Be sure your liver support is good.

Magnesium deficiency can cause emotional lability (excessive emotional reactions and frequent mood changes).

Adrenal exhaustion can, too. Be sure your adrenal support is solid.

Take care. Rest and nurture your heart.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe yeast?

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-albicans-symptoms.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jecati
Member # 26700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jecati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have yeast overgrowth and have been way over emotional, crying and not able to stop

BUT my Vit D is also low...I cut out sweets and most sugar (so far), starting my D supplement and sitting in the sun...things are much better this weekend.

Posts: 83 | From NC | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella for me causes anxiety and irritation with outbursts of rage at times. I get short fused. But when I began treatment it was like a damn was broken and I was very emotional, sometimes collapsing in hysterical crying.

The good news was when I begin to climb out of it I feel happy to be alive and joyful at times. I can tell when I am slipping again by my emotional responses.

Babesia is supposed to cause depression. I will find out tomorrow if the LLMD thinks I have that too. As you tested positive I think that might be causing some of your depression.

For me, treating one infection causes the others not being treated, to emerge and take over. You might want to ask about treating the babesia along with the bart and lyme.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
See the "Secondary Porphyria" post for an explanation of how a certain liver deficiency can cause all kinds of neurological - and emotional reactions.

You said you are low/no sugar (which is good to avoid/manage candida) but - in addition to lots of vegetables of all colors - be sure you are getting enough complex carbohydrates to avoid low blood sugar and elevated porphyrins.

Again, the "Secondary" post explains why that is so important - their suggestions might not be my suggestions, however. Regarding non-gluten whole grains, QUINOA is the best. Foods containing beta carotene are vital.
-----------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?

PORPHYRIA

==========================

Acupuncture has helped - if the L.Ac. was LL enough not to overdo it.

Body work has helped me a great deal in the past. Various kinds are discussed here, scroll down to near the bottom of the thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find a LL ND (naturopathic doctor), acupuncturist, etc.

Includes how to find an ILADS-educated LL ND, an Acupuncturist, a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, etc.

Includes many articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - & RIFE links.

BODY WORK links are also included.

==================================

Some medicines can CAUSE emotional vulnerabilities if they are hard on the liver or kidneys. As many sleep and pain meds can stress the liver and kidneys, here are some suggestions for sleep support that can safely nourish & calm the body:
---------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP - Links to articles & supplements

============================

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/24039

Topic: Looking for long term PAIN MANAGEMENT
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
know how that feels. for me it gets way worse before my period starts. seems like i can't go a month or 2 weeks without having a major meltdown. and then after the world has ended, i wake up in the morning and kind of forget all about it lol. can make you feel crazy. im treating lyme and have bart, suspected babs but not sure.

yeast sounds like a likely culprit also.
I had a lot of luck with pulsatilla, though everyone reacts differently to homeopathic remedies. puls is a good one for emotional abnormalities.

feel better..

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BHealthyNow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BHealthyNow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turns out it was a period related situation! I never had emotional issues before though, but my body has changed significantly after lyme and treatment.

--------------------
Lyme, Bart, possible Babs
Currently on IV Doxy, Bactrim, Zithromax, Nystatin, Mepron
Been on nearly every antibiotic since 10/09

About 60% improvement. Dizziness, air hunger remain.
http://lemonandlyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 333 | From Boise | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement