LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 24 hrs after stopping LIPITOR i am 50% better and can walk without walker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 24 hrs after stopping LIPITOR i am 50% better and can walk without walker
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
48 hrs after i stopped i am 80% better-hardly any pain.

from a walker...and often not able to walk to NO PAIN !!!!!

this is crazy. this is not side effects. this is disabling.

i have have been religious about taking coq10 from the beginning thanks to my llmd

he didn't want me on the lipitor-felt it wasn't necessary-but when primary made a big stink about it he gave in

i really wish i had the energy to get a lawyer...this is a horrible thing to do to ppl-and it comes off as an ortho problem and the ortho docs don't have a clue

this is really sickening that the drug companies an get away with this. lipitor is either the first or second most profitable drug for them.

please spread the news. in my research it is not clear whether a person can get better or if the damage is permanent. it is cellular damage to the muscles. some get mostly better...some don't. theres a genetic component too.

i'm not well enough to summarize it all...but you all know me. i'm aware of a lot of what it going on with sx and tx etc. i'm not new to this. but it took me 3-4 months to figure it out. and no doc helped. i just put my very consistant, distinct symptoms into google and found out about lipitor poisoning.

cognitive problems are also major along with the muscle problems.

i was on 10mg a day for 6 months before sx began.

48 hrs after stopping lipitor i am so much better. no weakness. minor pain. sort of a dull ache as opposed to rehab after knee replacement type pain.

OMG i wish i knew a good lawyer who would take this ball and run with it.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you're feeling better, that is great news!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad you are better!!

Be SURE to contact the drug company. They have to take your information if you have an "adverse event."

LAY IT ON 'EM!!

Then contact the FDA???

Then consider finding a lawyer who is already in a class action suit. There's bound to be one!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Statin drugs are almost never needed for the vast majority of the population. Especially for women.

There has never been a study using women that has shown any benefit of statin drugs or lowing cholesterol. No study has ever been done period.

There also is no correlation between increased life span and lowering cholesterol in the general population.

There are many non toxic ways to bring the balance of cholesterol into a good range.

Inflammation is what causes arterial plaque, and the consumption of trans fats, and vegetable oil, which is inflammatory, and quite often rancid.

Coconut Oil and Extra virgin olive oil are the two oils that are both beneficial and do not contribute to arterial plaque, from what I have read.

Just my opinion, but do your own research.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you dan.

guys ...do you really think the drug company doesn't know? do you think they care? i'd be dead way before i could beat big pharma. i'm not spending the rest of my time beating my head against a wall.

i'm gonna ride and kayak and cycle and walk...and play...and live.

i just wish someone with $ and energy would fight the fight...how many more will go down because of that stupid drug...well all statins i guess...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is about making money, plain and simple. It is not about your or my health, but marketing to the public and doctors to sell more of a profitable drug.

Nothing wrong with making money, if it is done honestly, but it is pretty easy to look the other way when you are rolling in profits.

Everyone needs to research any drug or supplement before using it. No one cares about your health more than yourself. Go with what makes sense, and what real, independent science reveals. Look at contrary views. Especially if the treatment in question has the ability to produce serious side effects.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

Rx drugs are no joke, especially statin ones.

It's like my wife's grandma...

She was put on 10+ Rx drugs over the past few years and I am fairly certain they cause more harm than good; but she won't stop them her Dr recommended them so she "must" need them.

Medicine in the USA is a %^%*&$ joke right now, and it's only continuing to progress the wrong way.

Have a malady? Here's a pill. Pill giving you side effects? Here's another pill. And another, and another.

The almighty dollar rules all in America. It always has, and it always will. Rx drugs account for a lot of sales in general in the country, and until ignorant citizens wake up (which will never happen because the general population is lazy and doesn't care) this will be the norm.

Again, I am so glad you are feeling better. Congrats.

As a general rule, unless you absolutely NEED a Rx drug, I personally would think long and hard about taking it.

If you cannot function w/o a certain medication, than by all means, take it.

If it's just something "recommended" and your Dr says you "need" it (because the pharm rep was just there and pushed his wares which result in "gifts" for the Dr) than I'd steer clear.

Be well.

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure they know. But call them anyway. They probably have to send a report of all 'adverse events' to the FDA.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the improvement. I wish I could find my 'miracle' problem and cure it like that. [Smile] That's horrible you went through so much for nothing.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my former MIL doing everything she could to lower her cholesterol over 20 years ago, all to no avail. She took some type of meds, but don't think the statins were around yet.

She finally said to heck with it, she was not going to keep doing all that for no change. She's now 91 and besides slowing down from age and going blind from macular degeneration, she's doing just fine.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There also is no correlation between increased life span and lowering cholesterol in the general population."

How about for people with heart disease who have had a cardiac event (stent, MI or open heart surgery)? Apparently, some studies show a decrease risk for further events by decreasing LDL chol to less than 70.

And tell me more about the vege oil. How do you know if it is rancid or how long can you keep olive oil before it goes bad?

I agree about the drug companies. Side effects are mostly ignored.

Posts: 207 | From NH | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Purple.. Try fish oil and Vitamin E first. See what happens!

I take 4000 mg fish oil per day.. in two divided doses. 1000mg of Vit E

My cholesterol has always been below 200 but the HDL was iffy. Now it's 60. That is really really good. I think my total was 165.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

D Bergy
Member # 9984

The study may indicate a lesser chance of a heart attack when lowering Cholesterol, but if in the end you die of a stroke instead, it really does not matter what killed you.

If overall mortality is not reduced, then what difference dose it make, unless you prefer to die one way over another. You still have the option of lowering cholesterol in a safer manner. There are many ways to accomplish this. My total cholesterol was reduced by using Krill oil and Turmeric. More importantly the balance was better, although it is still considered too high by today's standards.

I did not take these for that reason, but was a side benefit.

There are a very small group of people who have cholesterol that is way out of range that may benefit from cholesterol medication, but they are a small minority. Since other non toxic methods of lowering their cholesterol were not studied, it is not clear if these options would be better.

Even those studies need to be scrutinized closely as many of these studies are done by the drug company selling the product. I prefer independent studies.

Vegetable Oil is often high in omega six, which is inflammatory. All vegetable oil is chemically unstable, and since it has either transfats, or is high in Omega six, there is no point in using it.

Canola Oil is often touted as a healthy oil, because it is low in saturated fats. It is made from the rapeseed plant. Without lots of refining, it is not fit for human consumption.
Humans have never eaten vegetable oil in the past.

Canola Oil is not even allowed in baby food as its high omega six content is not healthy. If babies should not eat it, we probably should not either.

Coconut Oil lasts a very long time, due to its antibacterial, anti fungal properties, so I use this more than anything else. Olive oil does have a limited shelf life, but I do not recall how long it is. Buy small bottles of cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil.

Dan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement