LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » troubles finding MD or DO that will order IV nutrients!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: troubles finding MD or DO that will order IV nutrients!
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in S.Dakota and my LLND prescribed IV nutrient therapy. Only prob is this state doesn't accept orders from ND's.

Trying to find a local doc in town that is gracious enough to take 2 steps outside the box to help me.

Already had 2 refusals but I don't give up easily.

Anyone know of any ways I could try to persuade a doc to actually give a crap about someone in need? I wrote a letter explaining situation and plan on hitting up physician offices in search of an open ear.

worst case scenario, i drive every week 3.5 hours away for my IV drip.

any alternatives?

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the ACAM link to see if you can locate any doctors in your state and hopefully close to you.

About half way down it says "locate a physician".

http://www.acamnet.org/site/c.ltJWJ4MPIwE/b.5420171/k.76F0/Integrative_Medicine_From_ACAM__the_voice_of_integrative_medicine.htm

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KaitlinB
Member # 11718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KaitlinB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fyrecracker,

Where in SD are you located?

I have been trying to find a doctor in the Sioux Falls area that would be willing to give IV glutathione to my father.

He has Lyme, bartonella & babesia and does not detox very easily. I think IV glutathione would be very helpful for him.

I called the Wellness Pharmacy and they gave me some docs in Minnesota and one in Rapid City that use their IV glutathione products.

The nearest to my father is in Mankato, MN but that would be a 2.5 hr drive for him.

I'd be very interested to know if you are successful in finding a nearby doc to give you IV nutrients. Depending on your location, it might be the answer for my father.

In the meanwhile, I'd be happy to give you the information on the doctors I've found...please PM me if you're interested.

--------------------
Kaitlin

Posts: 67 | From CO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KaitlinB,

I'm not in Sioux Falls but you're in luck. The only doctor in the state that seems to want to condone my IV therapies is in Sioux Falls.

I don't have the name of the doc yet, my Lyme ND in Montana told me they found him down there. I still want to find someone closer to me. SF is 3 hours away from me [Frown]

at 1 time a week, blah. but, I wanna get better so I'm going to follow orders if i cant find another way.

PM me so that way i have a reminder to get that doc's name to you...can get it Monday I hope.

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

thanks abxnomore

found one in custer, thats 5 hours away.
will keep diggin!

--------------------

Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some other resources you can try. Hope you can find someone closer.

http://www.holisticmedicine.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=100

http://aihcp-norfolkva.org/Within/index.html

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

How to find an ILADS-educated LL ND (naturopathic doctor), a L.Ac. (Acupuncturist), a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), D.O, D.C., certified herbalists or nutritionists, and other holistic-minded professionals.

There may not be direct links, but there are stepping stones here that can lead you.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would check to see if any local hospitals have an IV infusion center. If you have the docs orders you should be able to get this done at a hospital infusion center -- they mostly do chemo and IV antibiotics on outpatient basis but should accept orders from your doc for nutritional IV's.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

The orders, by law, have to be from an MD or DO.

We have that at our local hospital in town, but the problem is finding a doc that will approve the same orders that my ND has ordered. The hospital won't accept orders from ND's. and all the docs in town "aren't comfortable approving those orders" because it's not something they do.

It looks like my only hope is a 3 hour drive away.

Will follow up on all those links, thank u!!

--------------------

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if your LLND would be connected to LLMDs through ILADS, and perhaps one of them would be willing to, in consultation with him/her, provide a script for you?

It just sounds like such a huge undertaking to do that long of a drive every week! Anything that can be done to find a way would help.

It doesn't seem like the MD needs to be in your state, so perhaps your LLND knows of someone who would either provide a script through knowing her, or whom you could have one visit with and through that get a script.

It might be worth having one appointment with a different doctor whom you know ahead of time would be open to this, just to not have SUCH a huge drive. Just thinking out loud though...I hope you can find help.

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I replied to this thread before but it seems to have vanished.

Do you have an IV line? What is the nutrient solution....Ringers?

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

LymeAware...I agree..that is one thing I am going to look into. No LLMD's in SD, but perhaps if I went to one somewhere close that could order the same thing to the local hospital. Such a big hassle! Ugh!

Here is a list of what is ordered:

Magnesium Chloride
Calcium Gluconate 10%
Selenium
Pyridoxine
Dexpanthenol
Hydroxycobalamin
B-Complex100
Ascorbic Acid
SWI USP
NaHCO3

Not sure what ringers means?

--------------------

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, no matter what you do, even if it is easier than a weekly 3 hour drive, this sounds like way too much work. A whole lot of work for ANYONE, let alone someone who is sick.

I truly hope it works out for you!

I'm actually having this done myself right now. I've done 2 IVs so far, and plan to continue having them weekly for 4-6 times and then decide if we should continue.

I'm very lucky in that my LLND is right in town. So far I'm not noticing a difference, but I hear many people do. And, it may be that it needs to build up in my system before I notice an effect.

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

That sounds like a good plan, to do 4-6 weeks and if you feel they help, continue.

A chronic lyme sufferer is a nurse at this LLMD's office in MN. She suggested taking oral liquid vit's. I still want to try the IV's. Crossing fingers that maybe i can go see this doc and he can send the orders over to my local hospital.

If not, I found someone closer! They are about an hour and a half away, which can easily be done in a day. He is a ND and thank the lord for him. He's the only one in the state brave enough (or just young enough) to go against what everyone else is NOT doing. He says he will do it until they shut him down, and praying that won't happen [Smile]

Thanks all for your help!!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement