LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ocular pain and partial vision loss???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ocular pain and partial vision loss???
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymekuda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this several times. Mostly in the left eye but this time is different now its in my right eye as well. Doing sinus flushes tends to help but not a lot. My nose is always plugged on one side and it is hard to breath through my nose at night.

Does anyone else have this? I am also getting blue spots in my vision periodically...

Thank you for the replies,

Andrew

Posts: 158 | From canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of sinus problems that I had had for decades by using a neti pot wash with these ingredients:

8 oz water
1/2 tsp colloidal silver
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xylitol
1-2 drops tea tree essential oil

Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain goes away with treatment...

Mine was sharp stabbing pain and like you not always in the same eye.

I had a lot of crazy eye symptoms no one but a LLMD would recognize.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymekuda,

You're not taking any kind of steroids are you? corticosteroids, anything like that? Nasal sprays that contain steroids? e.g. Omnaris.

I'm only asking because that's what made all my vision symptoms much worse over time...

I have sinus problems, and continue to have them, but they improved a lot of Azithromycin and Bactrim.

The visual symptoms improved over time, but they're still present.

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymekuda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Sheryl777,

Thank you for the reply and a very good idea!!! I will give it a try!!!

Hi Pinelady,

I have been in treatment for just shy of two years now... I really hope Sheryl's recommendation works for me!!!

Wolfed Out,

No I am not on any steroids of any kind. I do not use nasal sprays either. I just use MediRinse sinus flush kit. Lately 3-6 times a day...

Thank you all for helping [Smile] I am to tired to keep on writing so have a great night all!!! [Smile]

Posts: 158 | From canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - we're all different in how we respond to anything, but this has worked for me: drinking mangosteen juice helped clear up my eyes and sinuses. Within 24 hours, my eye symptoms were just about gone, and my sinuses ran for two days.

There are lots of brands in healthfood stores and online. I drink the Ultra one from Trace Minerals with 72 minerals added.

If you try it, go slowly and drink water also, as it can be powerful.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Thanks Robin!!! I am going to give it a try. I tried some kind of Mangosteen juice awhile ago and it did nothing for me. Maybe it wasn't strong enough?
thomasx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thomasx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds to me like an ocular migraine. Can be caused by caffeine(and perhaps helped by), weather, nutrasweet, etc. For me the visual part lasts about 20-30 minutes then may or may not get a big headache. Do you get little colorful zig zag patterns in your visual field during an event?
Posts: 386 | From Southeastern PA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Thomasx,

No I do not. This lasts for weeks to months at a time. [Frown] I don't drink coffee, nutrasweet or anything of that nature. I just drink water and I have milk with my cereal in the mornings.

Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you treating babesia?
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

I don't think so, I don't really have any symptoms of it, my Lyme doc thinks the same thing...?
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes, I use to have something very similar. the stabbing eye pain went away after many months of Doxy. The sinus pain was a "sinus infection" I didn't even know I had. I am on treatment for Babs and the first week or two felt like I had cleared my sinuses when I didn't even know they were blocked. Weird, but now I can breathe better. Didn't even realize it to begin with.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Apljack, did you have partial vision loss with the stabbing eye pain?

Is Doxy for babs? I am on 2 pills twice a day as well as biaxin.

steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this from (Health Boards)

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=167260

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymekuda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23972

Thank you Steve,

I have been getting the blue spots this time around. Not constant.

I will fill you all in on my medical history. I was first diagnosed with MS when i was 21. The diagnosis came from an MRI that showed 15 brain lesions that "MAY" reflect MS. They put me on MS meds, immune suppressants for 15 months and that is when I got really sick.

Then went off those and on to Lyme treatment. Was bitten by a tick when i was ten and I felt it inject a numbing agent in to my body.

Left leg and arm went numb from 15-20 "5-7 times, 3-6 weeks", non typical optic neuritis when i was 20 which lead to the MRI. Have been being treated for Lyme since December 08, I live in Canada so no chance to get IV [Frown] ... Have just been on high dose orals.

Thanks for reading!

dsiebenh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsiebenh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this and it was dx as optic neuritis. The pain disappeared within a month or so but the vision issue has only diminished maybe 75% over 10 months.

The optical neurologist said to avoid pain-inducing things like pressing or rolling the eye, since they irritate the nerve.

My vision still gets worse when herxing or, believe it or not, eating hot soup.

Posts: 252 | From NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement