LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » If you did not have the bullseye rash...what were your first symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you did not have the bullseye rash...what were your first symptoms
nickytt
Member # 27959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickytt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering what were other's initial symptoms if you did not have the typical bullseye rash?
Posts: 11 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My knees were hurting for a solid year before my sudden onset illness started. But the knee pain had almost subsided when the other stuff started, so who knows if the two are related.

A week or so before the sudden onset illness, I noticed unusual, really bad B.O. from my armpits only, then a week or so later, I had heart attack symptoms and pain in my chest, then the next day, I felt like I had mono (fatigue, headaches, ill with something serious), and that never went away.

[ 12-01-2010, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Hoosiers51 ]

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Bone crushing fatigue - nearly paralytic exhaustion. The fatigue - and the real physical fatigue pain with that - was so bad I just wanted to die. Extremely sore throat that all doctors said looked fine - but required removal of tonsils after freshman year of college. Drop attacks / passing out in an odd way. I would just find myself suddenly dropped and sitting on the floor, or sidewalk.

It took another 20 years to get a diagnosis.

Vertigo & Ear infections, severe hyperacusis (sensitive to even soft sounds) and rocket to the moon reactions and nausea from even slight startles (an I have always been a very mellow personality so it was not my character).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really itchy knees and ankles for about 2 weeks.

I couldn't find any bug bites or such so I thought it must be an allergic reaction since I had switched to generic BC pills from brand name ones.

Then it progressed to really swollen knees and ankles and felt really hot.

Then it became stiff and painful to move my knees and walk in shoes that covered my ankles - so had to wear flip flops to work - luckily it was summer time.

Then it spread to neck pain, numbing/tingling feeling, and a host of other problems started.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Searing leg pain at age 10. That is my first memory of being very sick. It was said to be "growing pains". I still have it 15 yrs later.

Next bad symptom was debilitating headaches and fatigue.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really don't know since that was about 51-52 yrs ago.

I was like renny.. I remember "growing pains" too and wonder if that was the Lyme. I was also sick a lot and VERY skinny. I'm way smaller than anyone else in my family.

I think it stunted my growth.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was 18, now 26, it all started with discomfort in my mid back. i worked at a car wash and was stressed out i guess from the current situation, i went to my chiropractor who said i just have scoliosis and need to exercise my core. I was exercising, and then all i remember was being too tired to continue. been a downhill snowball effect since then.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swollen knee. Occasional burning sensation in one place in my skin.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worst flu ever. High fever, vomiting, stiff neck, fainting. If I'd heard of viral meningitis at the time, I would have considered that diagnosis. Never considered Lyme, as I didn't know I'd been exposed.

After the flu, no symptoms for about 3 years.

Then came insomnia, fatigue, brain fog, neck and upper back pain.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unexplained weight loss. Like 10 lbs. No other symptoms for 6 months or so. Then the fatigue set in.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sore neck and shoulder muscles, ten weeks after a known tick bite. I thought it was from my work. Guess it really was from early inflamed cranial nerves.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electric shocks on my legs and itchy legs as well

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First came flu like symptoms and major fatigue. Then came pain and brain fog. Over time came the whole laundry list of symptoms........ 48 out of 75 symptoms.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fatigue and floaters was first along with light headedness and heart racing episodes.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had what I thought was a stomach bug or gallbladder attack, followed by dizziness.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Standing in church one day, suddenly had sharp, debilitating pain in my neck, light-headedness, and felt like I was going to faint.

Walked out to the lobby, and till I got out there, my legs were rubber. Just so weak.

Downward spiral from there, went into fatigue, back pain, weakness on the left side, vision problems, panic attacks, heart palps, air hunger, phantom smells, just felt like I was going to die.

Never saw a tick or a bite, so I don't know when the actual bite came.

Posts: 303 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1989 ...After whitewater rafting/hiking trip...4 episodes of relapsing high fevers. (2+/- days duration,7-10 days apart.)

Began on/off symptoms for years. Thyroid, back problems, female problems, frequent "flu", etc.

2000...during grad school, sudden debilitating fatigue, ataxia, major cognitive problems.

2001...Lyme dx.

Interestingly though, I too remember, as a child, sudden fevers accompanied by "growing pains."

Posts: 101 | From MS | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow seems like a lot of us had these "growing pains." I wish someone had paid close attention to us then....could've prevented a lifetime of suffering.
Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikjh1972
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erikjh1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fatigue, neck pain, sore back and abdominal area

--------------------
3 months Doxy
8 months of Tetra
7 months of Biaxin/Plaq.
4 months Doxy/Biaxin/Plaq.
5 months Biaxin/Plaq.
Back on Doxy/Biax/Plaq
On the road to recovery.
Trying to make people Lyme Aware.......

Posts: 289 | From R.I. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flu-like illness. Sick for 2 weeks.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Very itchy skin and crazy night sweats.

2. The nagging neck pain started.

3. A disc in my neck sponatneously herniated.

4. After the herniation, the laundry-list of neurological symptoms began...literally from head to toe.

It's the irritated CNS that is my biggest hardship. I am 2 weeks into IV Rocephin (and pulsing flagyl)...hope it gets me over the hump to wellness.

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our daugher, 9 at the time, started with flu like symptoms for a week (headache, mild fever 99 to 101) followed by a good week then another 5 or 6 days of flu like symptoms (headache, high fevers (101 to 103).

She then seemed to be fine for 2 days and then extreme fatigue (we had to carry her out of the bed).

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was like the worst flu ever! I was so ill.

Fevers, horrible nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss, a couple episodes of diarrhea, horribly weak, awful awful headaches, etc etc. Just overall felt awful and like I was dying.

After about a week it became clear that this wasn't the flu so then the doctors thought I had mono. Then when that came up negative doctors kept telling me I had some sort of virus although no doctor could say what virus it might be.

After the first month the symptoms reduced in severity but never went away and I have been ill ever since and was never able to return to work.

Eventually I was diagnosed with CFS and then 7 years later I tested positive for Lyme.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is interesting to me how some people started out with aches and pains while others started out with a flu like illness.

And how for some it started out gradually and others it was sudden onset.

I wonder if that has to do with different strains of Lyme or different co-infections? I guess it could be a combo of both.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unable to tolerate alcohol as well(I know not a real problem, but it was a big change) and soon after a fatigue so significant that I continue to alter all aspects of my life in order to only decrease it slightly.

More neuro stuff showed up later,and now have brain lesions, chemical intolerance, etc.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement