LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please help - EMF question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help - EMF question
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I have been looking at the EMF angle with regard to my husband's lyme since his only remaining symptoms after 3 years of treatment are insomnia, headaches and ringing in his ears. He is also on his cell phone all day long.

I had comcast come out last night and we removed the wi fi connection and put in ethernet cords to each of our computers. We also have 4 phone lines that were switched to comcast.

I have an inexpensive gauss meter which I understand only measures electromagnetic fields from electrical cords, appliances, etc. but does not measure wi fi or cell phone radiation. I tested our house after the ethernet was installed and now my gauss meter is reading at the highest level right next to the ethernet/phone wire they installed. The high reading goes out about 30 or more feet from the wire!!! This is where my children play, so I am concerned.

And now when I work on my computer, I can feel my hands and forearms burning/tingling after a few minutes. (I think I am sensitive to certain types of EMF.) This did not happen when my computer was working though the wireless router.

I'm thinking the wiring is not done correctly or they just used a cheap wire that does not protect against EMF. I am not very well versed in this and would love any opinions on what is going on. I have put a call into an EMF consultant but he has not gotten back to me. If anyone else has a recommendation on who to call or what to do, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tick battler, Check this out:

http://emfandhealth.com/EHS.html

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
steve,
So I guess this means you don't believe that EMF's can cause any damage? I'm curious to know if you really researched this.
tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been looking into EMF protection myself. I found this experiment very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrblue37#p/u/7/E46Fm0dtE2c

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I knew the answer. My home measures high 24/7 (3-4 milligauss or higher AWAY from appliances), but I believe it is from the underground wiring, which I can't do much about since I live in a mobile home.

I have 2 EMF meters - one that measures house current, and one that measures microwaves. My microwave oven actually leaks, so I now refuse to use it.

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up-anyone know any thing mre...who has experience with this...tailz or something like that?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

I spoke with an EMF consultant and he thinks perhaps the phone/ethernet line is carrying current that it shouldn't be. Comcast is coming out today so we shall see what happens. I didn't realize how sensitive I was...my arms and hands start burning when I work on my computer and I think even when I'm near the wire.

tickbattler

tick battler
Member # 21113

Yay! After 1.5 hours working with the comcast guy and using my handy gauss meter, we figured out what the problem was. The wire was grounded to a cold water pipe, which was carrying current, so it made the wire carry current. We grounded to something else.

Now we have to get an electrician out here for the water pipe but at least I can work on my computer now without feeling like I'm being electrocuted!

tickbattler

4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have put sheets on all our beds to reduce the EMFs from the wall outlets while we sleep. I got them at Amazon. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Barefoot-Kingsize-Bed-Pad/dp/B003RLM0HK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1291793908&sr=8-3

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My naturopath swears by the Earth Calm necklace. I got one for my daughter, but she won't wear it anymore, so I tuck it in my pocket.

http://www.protectagainstemf.com/product/SAS2002

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tick battler, thx for bringing this up! So glad you found that grounding problem. [Smile]

momlyme -- Thx for David Wolfe demo video.

Good essay: What Does Grounding Technology Do?
http://www.rigoroushonesty.net/siterun_data/health/holistic_alternative_medicine/news.php?q=1288888613

It's thorough (long), but flows well with short paragraphs. Easy to understand with numerous good examples of every-day things.

Explains why it feels so good to hug the trunk of a massive tree: It's grounded!

That essay gives a plug to QiGong, the ancient nourishing, healing art (best done barefoot!). QiGong has been scientifically documented to heal numerous chronic illnesses when combined with proper nutrition. QiGong is better than TaiChi (a martial art) or Yoga, imho.

4Seasons -- Thx for sharing your experiences. I'd like to buy grounding sheets for myself & family. Seems cost is reasonable since the sheets last for years and offer so much relief. Better than most meds!

Pendants to protect from EMF? Many are quite expensive! Have heard very positive reports from a friend's uncle about a bracelet, and my AsyraPro bioenergetic consultant about her pendant (too expensive for me).

Anyone heard of the QLink Pendant? Only $39, but also 13 oz.
http://www.amazon.com/QLINK-75264-Qlink-Protection-Pendant/dp/B0032YCXS8/ref=lh_ni_t_

I need a pendant that is light weight, low cost, and highly effective. [Big Grin]

Thanks, all, for educating me about these things.
Smile

[ 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Remember to Smile ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter wears a bead from emf blues that is only $16. If she doesn't wear it, she gets a headache at school.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who has used these products? results? i don't have much money but i want protection...any suggestions?

also-i am allergic to metal on my skin...would it work if i put some of the jewelry on a ribbon or string?

http://www.protectagainstemf.com/product/SAS2002

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.emfblues.com

My kids wear these on leather straps.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Six,

Where do you find the leather straps? I just received those beads for my 3 kids today and need to figure out how to make them into a necklace that they will wear. Does your daughter wear it as a bracelet?

Thanks,
tickbattler

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

No, she wears it around her neck. I got her a pretty nice strap, it's a "troll bead" leather strap. www.trollbeadus.com

--------------------

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody for the awesome links. Love this subject and I am beginning to see how important EMF protecting is!

Smile, I checked out that pendant on Amazon and noticed that the review by P "P" mentions another type of pendant - the Scalar pendants. P goes on to say that they can't be used on children.

I searched online and can't see any information on not using these with children. Quite the contrary... all the info I found says they are good for kids.

I did a search on Amazon for these and I like the look of them a lot more, there are a lot more choices... and they are comparable in price to the one you gave the link to.

I shortened the link because it was really long:
http://amzn.to/fWrrhw

They look like good Christmas gifts. Practical & pretty.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Article/review on the Scalar pendants:
http://bit.ly/gGb7HU

--------------------
May health be with you!

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tick Battler

If you don't want to spend money on a leather necklace, just use yarn, string, or shoelace and tuck the bead inside the shirt.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8891 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Does anyone know if the beads work if used as a bracelet? I'm now having second thoughts about tying a string around my kids necks...can envision fights with necklace pulling, etc...

Thanks,

tickbattler

tick battler
Member # 21113

Here is a site I have purchased from. I have spoken with the guy who runs it and he is helpful.
http://www.emfnews.org/

tickbattler

Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be wary and keep your wallet locked - EMF is one of the aspects of health that has a huge amount of expensive snake oil, lack of research, bad science and incorrect conclusions, conspiracy theory and more.

All this impedes legitimate inquiry and good, conclusive data.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the Gia Wellness products--Home Harmonizer and pendant. They have been great for me relative to sensitivity to wireless signals. I also used a Philip Stein watch for a while, and that was helpful, but not nearly as much as the Gia Wellness products.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, MT. How many GIA Harmonizers do you use? Can you feel any effects as soon as you enter or leave a room with a Harmonizer?

A couple I know loves their GIAlife stainless steel pendants. Price makes me hesitate.

Frugal,
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

I love the grounding mat! I can feel the difference and so can my husband. My son never feels any better [Frown] but I still have him sit and sleep with it.

I bought scalar pendants for LLMD, home health nurse and family members for Christmas gifts. I can't try mine til Christmas or it would ruin the surprise.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Terminator
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terminator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tick battler good job! im confused though, as your problem seems AC while gauss meters are for DC. Are you actually using an EMF meter?

that youtube video is funny. Not sure what to think of it. I do think high EMF are bad, although the science regarding it's effect on health is nearly non existant.

--------------------
We will win

Posts: 135 | From California | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraceT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GraceT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried many necklaces, pendants, beads from EMF Blues, copper bracelets, and so forth. These items are all usless for me. I created one that helps me, but even it's no use agains Cell Towers or WiFi.

Cell Towers/wifi - worst

Cell phones - even near one turned on - badComputer / Monitors / TV monitors - bad

Electric range / microwave / metal lamps - bad

Florescent lights / compact florescent blubs - bad

Metal headboard/footboard / metal artwork - not good

Transformers from doorbell / Air-handler in attic - bad

Car or Truck Engine radiation - vibration in body - painful to drive

Wireless phones / dimmer switches - bad

Even sitting near metal framework that can pick up RF's - sensitive folk like me can feel 'em
More - cannot clearly - tried to attend friends funeral, but cell tower 1 block away gave me intense pain - did not stay 5 min.

SAD. Lonesome Life.

PAIN: Head = ears ring louder & louder depending on length of exposure. Head (brain) buzzes - feeling like it is wobbling inside or vibrating.

Chest, Gut, Face, Neck, Arms, Hands = tingle, vibrate, feels like hanging onto an electric fense.

I've created a hat that I sew a special insert inside. Not suppose to sell things here, so won't.

My hat plus a special sheet that I place in car window are only things that allow me to get out, go to doc appointments.

My husband is an electronic and computer major / wizard. He understands all this stuff.

If you or anyone want to discuss any of the emf issues in person - send PM.

Hope you are all feeling better. Today's been very painful for me.

Posts: 212 | From Arizona | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squashlyme
Member # 12865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squashlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree the earthcalm products are wonderful! I have the whole house protection system and when it is not plugged in, my kids complain about dizziness and headaches. No joke. It's great! I had the necklace also, but I didn't notice results like I did with the whole house protection. Important part of my family's recovery!!! Love it!
Posts: 48 | From nj | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GraceT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GraceT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have 5 or more Stetzerizer Filters throughout the house. These are plugged into electrical outlets and reduce line noise - hence frequencies.

When we test using our meters - both with them plugged in and without them - there is a difference.

My body noticed some change for the better when these arrived and were plugged in.

Posts: 212 | From Arizona | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement