LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pretty much symptom free for over 2 months

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretty much symptom free for over 2 months
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My title says it all. I've been treated for 2.5 years, starting with Babs, then Lyme and later Bart. I've eaten tons of Mepron, Ceftin, Biaxin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Rifampin, and others along with handfulls of supplements a few times a day.

I may have put the final nails in the coffin by giving up coffee completely, abstaining from even a drop of alchohol, and juicing twice a day.

I've had stints which lasted months where I was nearly symptom free but never this symptom free. I am still eating abx. I'd like to put just a little more distance between my last symptoms and stopping them.

Still, I'm feeling cured of it.

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats

Helps to be in West Palm Beach eh?
: )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear! [Smile]

A few questions for you, if you don't mind...

~What symptoms did you have?
~Did you only use orals, no IV?
~Did you test positive?
~How long were you ill before you were diagnosed?

Thanks!

I am still struggling...I have been sick for 14 months and in treatment (IV and orals) for 8 months. This disease sucks!

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!! Wonderful news!
Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow great news!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anthropisces:
treated for 2.5 years, starting with Babs, then Lyme and later Bart.
(snip)
I may have put the final nails in the coffin by giving up coffee completely, abstaining from even a drop of alchohol, and juicing twice a day.

[woohoo]
Way to go!
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geet3721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geet3721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo!!!!!!! Good to hear!!!

--------------------
When the going gets tough. . . I'll keep fighting!
Ms. Geet3721

New LLMD, New abx, New life coming right up!!!!

Posts: 714 | From La La Lyme Land | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Don't stop treating until you are totally symptom free. And, I suggest you not try to stop in the winter, per my lyme doc.

You get cold weather in Florida. It's in the news today.

Don't chance it by stopping treatment then. My doc said winter is a stress on the body and stopping meds in winter could cause a relapse. He made me stay on meds until spring. That was 5 months past my symptom free point. It worked for me.

But, it IS tough to keep taking meds when you are no longer sick. I remember it well.

Congratulations!!!!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome....congrats

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
waouh, so happy for you!
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for sharing your good news! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

I would also like to know the answers to triathletelymie's questions, if you don't mind of course.

I was infected multiple times over my life starting when very young, if not congenital, and didn't start treatment until 2008, so I am eager for any good news for late-stage cases.

Well done with the lifestyle changes - they seem to be hardest for most people to make, even harder than taking antibiotics or supplements.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I meant to ask you if you mind posting this in the "progress and success stories" thread?

Most people who come back to share their TBD treatment successes or progress never post in that thread, so their stories get lost forever in the archives.

You can find it here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/15820

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great news! Congrats! Good for you!!! Enjoy your life.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lot of people getting better these days--great to hear.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic news!
Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! I'm a big fan of juicing too! Maybe that helped push things along....

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement