LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Homeopathy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homeopathy
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you Homeopathic remedies to treat Lyme disease? Currently I am working with an acupuncturist who is giving me different remedies. Do you think Homeopathy is strong enough to kill the bacteria and have any of you experienced a herx reaction while taking any remedy? My acupuncturist does not think that it is likely that the remedies making me worst. But I have been getting stronger Chills and Sweats since taking them. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Radha.

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: Do you think Homeopathy is strong enough to kill the bacteria ?

I absolutely do NOT think homeopathy, alone, can effectively address spirochetes. Some need Rx, & or herbs - which are much better in that regard to addressing the spirochete.

Homeopathy can help a great deal to help relieve symptoms.

I have never had a bad reaction from any homeopathic. And, if you do, it's very easy to negate that with a little coffee or mint.

Best to work with someone who REALLY understands the science, the stages and all aspects of the borrelia spirochete as well as other tick-borne stealth infection.

===============================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find an ILADS-educated LL ND (naturopathic doctor), L.Ac. (acupuncturist), etc.

Includes how to find an ILADS-educated LL ND, a L.Ac. (Acupuncturist), a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, etc. DO, DC

Includes many professional links, articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - & RIFE links.

BODY WORK links are also included.
-

[ 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use homeopathy often. Sometimes while I'm on abx and sometimes by itself. I always get a strong

herx from it. I see a Naturopath Dr. that works with my Lyme Dr.

Not sure if it would be enough on its own... depends on each person I would think.

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I understand it, homeopathic treatments- for Infections- basically stimulate the body to attack the offending microbes by providing a "target" that is similar to what's being fought, so as to increase our own immune response.

But since the body's immune system has difficulty seeing/ locating wild spirochetes to Begin with, as they like to go "intra-cellular" and get into collagenous tissues away from the circulatory system, this method of therapy leaves much to be desired.

On the other hand, I Agree that I do "not think that it is likely that the remedies making [you] worst." (...the remedy is making you worse.)
Then again, I don't think it will make you feel better!

But if it WAS effective in killing off the B.B. critters... then it Would make you 'worse'... for a while... here & there. [Wink] That's what the "herx" is all about. [Jarsch-Herxheimer reaction]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulsatilla 12x worked to stop depression, immediately. I was high as a kite the next day, and forgot I had tried my first sublingual tablet.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is someone on here who used homeopathy after the Bionic 880 in order to get all the way well, but the Bionic 880 is a powerful Lyme treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Six, but that person seems to be genius level regarding homeopathics. Normal people will never know so much.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also done homeopathy - in combination with abx, so it's not considered an ideal situation - but I also always had strong reactions and improvements. I also have a very good friend who had Lyme for many years - did abx and stayed very sick - until he decided to quit theabx and do "classical" homeopathy with a very experienced trained practitioner who was also an MD. GOt well slowly - but he has been 100% for several years now.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Yeah Six, but that person seems to be genius level regarding homeopathics. Normal people will never know so much.

I don't know that we're talking about the same person. The person I was talking about (John) was seeing a homeopath. He didn't do it on his own. He wrote about it on here.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot thank all of you enough for taking the time to reply to my post. I can only imagine how many terrible problems each of you must be going thru�. I am very sorry that I do not reply to any other posts listed here. But since I am almost totally blind, I have to ask my father to type for me when he has a minute of free time. I have tried both herbs and antibiotics and even with the smallest dose I herx to too strongly and that is in addition to the severe symptoms that I already suffer daily. This is why I am trying homeopathy even for my vision loses. It sounds like homeopathy is not strong enough to tackle the severity of my problems. Am I right? Do you think it is worth all the money, time, and hope that I need to invest in Homeopathy for it to work? I am so worried and scared and the anxiety is only getting out of control. I know I am getting worse and weaker but I cannot handle the herx. I do not know what to do. Any advise or support would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all again for trying to help me.
Sincerely,
Radha.

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will hear many different views and opinions on Homeopathy here. It sounds like you have some very severe symptoms. Are you seeing a well trained Lyme literate physician?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm using homeopathy regularly since long time.
It can help to support your system immensely.
But it really needs a very well trained person to give advice, because these meds are given individually according to your specific condition.
quote:
It sounds like homeopathy is not strong enough to tackle the severity of my problems
For Lyme you need also stronger meds.
But for any kind of symptoms especially the psychological ones like anxiety, I find relieve with Homeopathy. It ALL depends on the knowledge, the therapist has. I would never consult one, who has less than 15-20 years experience.

I cannot tolerate ABX anymore and I found a lot of relieve with Rife-treatment for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just start doing homeopathic remedies while waiting for LLMD appointment. I was abx, ended up too sick to continue, stopped and am now waiting to start again with new doc.

I dont know the name of the remedy I took (sorry...) but it made me herx pretty bad. I was dizzy and nauseous and unable to eat and EXTREME fatigue. I also had a horrific headache. It lasted about 4 days.

I herxed on Rocephin, Invanz, Tindamax, flagyl and a little on Doxy (my first med).

Good luck and let us know what you discover. I too do not feel homeopathics will get me into remission. I was simply hoping they would start the process and make me stronger so I could handle the abx.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pulsatilla works for me from an emotional/cognitive standpoint.

Arsenicum Album made me herx, a LOT. I mean i was twitching like crazy and my emotions were out of control.

The thing with homeopathic treatments are (and this is controversial I'm sure) you need to work with an experienced classical homeopath. Repeating doses of the same potency does no good. If you take a dose of any potency and you find that you get PHYSICALLY WORSE and MENTALLY BETTER...this is an indication that you are moving the illness in a curative direction.

This method is slow and extremely specific. I've been being treated with homeopathics for about a year and a half now. I'm up to Pulsatilla LM5 (started at 30c).

As you progress in treatments you may find that some remedies stop working, as if you've hit a brick wall. All that is needed is to find another remedy that will work on that layer.

I'm sure there are those out there that don't agree with the traditional classical way of treating with homeopathic remedies. I am not opposed to other ways, i just think that the long road leads the shortest, most direct path to healing.

Essentially, these remedies help alter your DNA.

With that being said... I am not in the mood to wait and rely on homeopathics alone. but I do think that they have helped me handle treatment much better and I plan to rely on them and herbs after i give abx a try.

Good luck and let us know if you find anything that helps.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeopathy is a lever, the right remedy can be quite potent the wrong remedy or potency can have no impact or even a negative one It is important if using homeopathy to find someone who can guide you to the correct remedies.

I agree with seek about the personal education necessary to approach homeopathy correctly. A lot of research with trial and error.

I'm a strong believer LED's like the PE1 and bionic should be used as well. They seem to heighten the strengh of any treatment, and quite specifically the use of homeopathy.

I believe with the right leverage of remedies, one could get well with lyme with just homeopathy alone. Just as someone could get well with herbology or ABX or mind over matter. It just might be persistence, experience and application of what we learn to how we solve symptomatic problems. Unfortunately, lyme is a disease you do have to solve for yourself when its chronic. Doctors, naturapaths, dieticians, acupunturists, and anyone else are just good coaches who only have small windows in time to the problem.

If I look into the lyme support groups I'm part of, I'm the only one who was chronic and now symptom free from all I've met. I would love to find the secret to helping others get where I am. But not everyone is in a position to help themselves. So whatever is done has to be over a long time and maybe homeopathy is one of the keys.

We just don't know enough about how remedies can be used in the lyme community in an organized way. Instead of waiting for some study, we need to organize our own controlled studies and use these forums to communicate them as well. Even involve those who supply them like the naturapaths and LLNDs who can prescribe remedies.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum has LOADS of positive posts on homeopathy during the last years. For example, search for Bartonella alternative treatments. Many people got good results with Deseret Biological series of nosodes for treating bart, which is a VERY persistent infection.

Take a look at all BIONIC or PE1 people who used BOTH homeopathic dilutions of borrelia AND light. Amazing results. I'm one of them, Bob another. Sixgkids another!!

I'm on full remission for about 1 year 7 months, no treatment anymore and obviously, symptom free. And my daugher is also on full remission for now almost a year.

As for candida, I can't tell you of any better treatment than Sanum products. Dr. K. backs that. Candida, aspergilus, mucor racemosus. I even got rid of tuberculosis with basically homeopathy from Sanum.

As for colds, I basically ONLY use homeopathy. I've been using that for years. No usual chemical meds do the effects that the diluted penicilins or other stuff like Oscilococcinum, Ledum, Hypericum, Ferrum phosphoricum etc does for a cold.

The only thing you got to do is know which to use in which type of cold. It doesn't prevent you from catching the cold, it just makes your cold much lighter.

Long time ago, there were some articles about Ledum and lyme. I do think ledum in different dilutions help too.

But as with other treatments, homeopathy is not one substance treatment. And each substance you use, may not work for another person.

Then there's CLASSICAL homeopathy, something very different, that treats you from deep, as mentioned by FYRECRACKER. It's also amazing, as it reaches really deep and changes the whole person, or correct the problem from inside.
I have also been treated with it for years.

In my opinion, classical homeopathy can't heal you from chronic lyme though (at least, it didn't do the job in my case and it didn't prevent my daughter to catch lyme and fall terribly sick with it). She had been in classical homeopathy before she fell sick with lyme. She fell so sick.

Dr. K. also teaches specifically homeopaths suggesting them to ADD other stuff than simply homeopathy, like some herbs, some accupressure (MFT) BESIDES homeopathy to get better and faster results. He's got a whole theory on that...

But if you'd like faster results, in my opinion, it's the combination of nosodes and photons that do the best. At least for me. I had been on herbs and ingested homeopathy for many years (classical approach INCLUDED) before and got to symptom free quite a few times but I relapsed fast after stopping the treatments (my record was 5 month of remission).

Only after adding the infrared photons to the SAME nosodes I had taken before that the effect got magnified. Like an explosion.

I don't think any of the other approaches I did were loss of time. But if I could re-write my lyme story and multiple bites and infections, I would simply start with photon treatment combined with nosodes, then do the rest after (classical approach, heavy metal cleansing, mouth cleansing, AI, etc...)

At least, that is what I believe would give faster results, even though it sounds not 'correct' as the best is to change the milieu completely so that you don't fall sick again.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.com/Homeopathic-Treatment-Lyme-Disease/dp/0975476319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292778453&sr=1-1

this is a book i bought for my homeopath. i honestly don't know if he has looked into it, i should probably buy one for myself and check it out.

I too dont think healing lyme can be done (in a short amount of time anyway) with JUST classical homeopathy. Yes it helps me deal, but i want to be symptom free. and with classical, they treat the very CORE of why you got sick to begin with. i just think it takes way too long.

I am also looking into allergie-immune and bionic 880, and i think byron white remedies? cant remember name. supposed to be along the lines of homeopathy....

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement