LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 4 those who are in remission or nearly to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 those who are in remission or nearly to
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey everyone...

i decided to stop ABx first time since 20 Months of constant ABx treatment. my actual protocol is biaxin+mepron+arte+pulsed metro.

the last 2 weeks were pretty horrible.. i dont know if it was a herx or if the abx just doesnt work.

because of my weak/sick feeling especially the last two weeks im a little bit depressed.. it has been a long road so far and i hoped to be symptomfree this year. i was only 1/2 year sick until i startet the 20 months treatment.

so i wanted to ask those who are nearly remission or in complete remisson: did u have still symptoms when stopped Abx?

i think some symptoms are caused by the ABx.. but i really dont know which.. i dont know if my body can detox.. i dont know if my mainissue is maybe yeast?!..

i treatet borrelia.. then borrelia and bartonella.. then borrelia bartonella and babesia..

for sure there was improvement.. but not that much i hoped...

my main issue is the brainfog... its my worst symptom.. no pain in joints.. just weak and brainfog.. dark eye circles.. no appetite etc.

actually im on month 3 babesia protocol.. i thought it would move mountains for me.. but it didnt happen.. dont know what else to do.. to try.. sick of this lyme-game

[Frown]

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was totally symptom-free and the doctor still would not let me stop taking the antibiotics because winter was coming.

He said that this could cause a relapse--to stop treating in or near winter--because winter is a stress on the body.

So, I had to take antibiotics for 5 more months without any symptoms. I could not stop until the spring time.

I knew I was cured because I was totally normal this entire time.

With a previous doctor, he had me stop when I felt about 75% cured and in 2 weeks I was just as sick as I ever was.

So, the rule from the Burrascano guidelines is to treat for 2 months past the symptom-free point.

I treated continuously for 36 months or a little more. But, I switched to a great doctor and got great treatment the last year and that is what gave me success--12 months of treatment with an expert.

If you have a good doctor, he can tell you if your problem is yeast. He also should be able to tell if you are unable to detox. Can you find a better doctor? You should not have to figure out for yourself what is going on.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF, your LLMD must be the best in the world because even the LLMD I see (who is considered the top 2 in the universe) doesn't seem to be able to tell anyone if their issues are yeast or 'inability to detox.' [Smile] I wish things were that transparent.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped abx to do an alternative protocol in Germany. I got better on the alternative treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which alternative protocol was it?? im from germany and would try it (maybe)...

@TF yeah.. u know this road to hell very well.. i really dont know what to do at this moment.. i cried last week because the "herx" was so bad.. i didnt cry for at least 3/4 year! its really strange because i thought that mepron would do the trick.. especially because i tried so many things before..

greetz

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

mh.. i took my medicine yesterday... my blood lab is still fine... i cant believe that im herxing since nearly 3 weeks?!?!? is such a long herx possible with babesia protocol???

greetz

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the Bionic 880 with a doctor in Pforzheim. If you go to Oct. 2008 in my blog, http://sixgoofykids.blogspot.com , you can read about the treatment. Start at the last post and work forward.

If you want the doctor's contact info, PM me and I'll send it to you.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seekhelp - who do you consider the top LLMDS? PM me if you get a chance. I want the best. I am going to see Dr. P in CT in Jan.

@daniel- I am so sorry for your struggle. I am nowhere near remission so don't have anything to say other than, I hear you and I am sorry. Good luck.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treating lyme + cos continually for 13 months. I have had to "back off" meds multiple times because when I am on too much medication, I feel worse and worse instead of better and better.

I am more functional on less meds and I need to keep my job and health insurance so I can fight this crazy illness.

As for feeling worse or no better off abx, after I stopped my IV rocephin, I had some big up/down days like my body did not know what was going on. It was like I was having withdrawal symptoms or something? The LLMD told me this was normal when stopping an abx- as your own immune system tries to regulate itself again, you will have ups and downs.

I am not symptom free yet, and I am still treating (but with only one abx) with the hopes of trying herbs next. I doubt I am going to be completely symptom free when I make the switch off abx completely.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you're on anti-biotics to a certain degree you suppress the immune system.

When you STOP abx's it's not too far fetched to experience an immune awakening and thus have some herx's or healing crisis reactions.

I stopped antibiotics 8 or 9 months ago - and when I did I immediately went on an anti-candida protocol and I began treating Lyme/Co's with herbs.

Look into natural treatments that way you're not completely stopping treatment.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

thanks a lot 4 your answers.. tonight nightmares again.. hmpf... i will try at least 5 mos on babesia protocol.. now i have some holidays and try to relax a little bit.. the uni stressed me out.

my immune system is still working pretty well, my lowest cd57 count was 216, my highest 390.

but if i go off meds, i will make for sure a candidaprotocol and herbal borrelia protocol

greetz

lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel,

I feel your pain. 2 and a half years for me-orals, iv, intramuscular, supplements-I had the whole lyme, bart, babs, you name it

I'm about 70% and decided my body can't handle antibiotics now-i'm seeing a llmd who specialiezes in chinese herbs, accupuncture, kmt therapy-etc

I've had 3 visits-I still have babs-can't seem to get rid of it-and headaches off the chart

within two visits-the headaches have diminished signicantly

He also has me on a strict detox program-

I think for me-this is the way to go for now

Hugs and Prayers

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of people who went to asymptomatic within weeks of the "worst they ever felt". I am now
doing fairly well on probiotics and herbs, and
my total lymphocyte count is now the highest it has been in past 19 months, equals duration of my knowing I was ill. I feel Canefan is more likely than not correct in saying a stronger immune system may kick in and cause a cycle of herxes and progressive tiny increments of improvement for some.

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebraKelly
Member # 24925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DebraKelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Daniel,

What helped me a lot was accupuncture. It helped me with my immunity and also with any aches or pains, nausea etc. from the lyme and babesia.

Also, once I'm off antibiotics, she will treat with herbs but only once I'm off the antibiotics.

Get a good accupuncturist, trained in China and a good rep. Also, make sure they do herbs.

Good luck. It made all the difference for me in terms of my quality of life and fighting this horrible disease.

dk

Posts: 65 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some people need to treat babesia for years so don't get impatient after few months...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement