LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pekana Drainage?? Coffee Enema?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pekana Drainage?? Coffee Enema?
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so my liver ALT is elevated after 4 months of treatment

was at 106 then doc said stop meds for 2 weeks and continued to rise to 117

he is now telling me to get on Pekana drainage

I have been doing 300 MG Milk thistle twice a day

along with 1 Dandolion Tea with lemon.

I told the nurse to ask the doc if it is ok to do coffee Enema

what are your thoughts is the Coffee Enema my best choice to get the liver working?

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul - I am sorry you had to pause your treatment. I hope you find what works for you.

Here are my notes on liver support:

KPU is caused by the defect of several of the 8 enzymes needed for the synthesis of heme; Heme is needed for liver detox reactions (cytochromes) Zinc, 5p5, b6, and other minerals are deficient or absent.
http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/ (Scroll down for video - very informative)

Coffee enemas at least 4 days per week. The caffiene stimulates the dumping of the liver through the gall bladder. You only need about 2 cups in the colon.

Intestinal cleanse with activated charcoal in it. Take this about 15 min before the enema. This way what gets dumped also gets sucked up by the intestinal cleanse.

The 2 foods that are good for your liver are : beets & atichokes

beets every night at dinner. Put some cold pressed fresh oil on them. Fresh is better, canned ok if too tired to do fresh.

artichoke drops (raintree) for liver.

drink green tea, detox tea, herbal teas, water, leomon water

Milk thistle

Enzymatic Therapy's Super Milk Thistle, with dandelion, licorice, and artichoke.

HepaPro

Liv-52 supposed to be good

chlorella and saunas

(Mg, Ca, K+, Na) more

Milk thistle, Unda 243, Dandilion, Ayush Livit 2

eclipta alba

barberry
fumitory
chelidonium

Echinacea
Not to "fight" Lyme -- but may be an immune system stimulator.

Cat's Claw, Reshi mushroom (esp. the spores) and colloidal silver.

On Rocephin--If your doc does not prescribe actigall then I would take ox bile supplements -- VitaCost. Might also be a good idea to take oral lecithin as well (powder).

Signs, symptoms & indicators of Liver Detoxification / Support Requirement:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C23003.html

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beets and artichokes every day?

For a Lyme-infected person, repeating the consumption of ANY food without four days break in between the most recent day it was consumed will develop a food allergy to this food.

Lyme provides the perfect terrain for parasites to overgrow in the gut. So it's safe to say that every Lyme patient has parasites.

Parasites bore little holes in the gut, causing what is known as "leaky gut syndrome." Thus it's safe to say that every Lyme patient has leaky gut syndrome.

Leaky gut syndrome allows food to pass through the gut into the body cavity undigested. This causes the body to launch an autoimmune reaction to these foods (seeing them as pathogens).

The symptoms of these delayed food allergies are subtle and not that noticeable to the host, so he/she won't know he/she has the allergies. But the allergies will drag down the person's immune system even more, making them feel worse. The reaction is also delayed, so the person won't suspect that it was a food that dragged them down.

This is why I don't advocate ANYONE with Lyme eating any food without four days rest in between the last occurrence of eating it. This will avoid the development of food allergies.

If you're already allergic to a food, then that food has to be avoided completely for a couple of months and then "challenged" back in, meaning reintroduce it and see if you notice a reaction within a few days of eating that food. It took me 2 years to desensitize from some foods.

With time, the number of foods that caused a reaction previously will reduce but it can be a bear in the meantime.

The only way to know what foods to which a person has developed allergies is a blood test.

Not many people know about this food allergy thing, and I cringe anytime I see a Lyme patient who eats the same foods without 4 days break in between.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Momlyme has great advice.

I found relief from coffee enemas. I also like Pekana Drainage remedies. Both are excellent.

You also might want to drink undenatured whey protein powder, which gives you the raw materials for glutathione. I drank it twice per day throughout my treatment along with the coffee enemas.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could add Andrographis to your liver support list. Great list, btw!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks 17hens!

And thanks to nefferdun for this link here explaining why ALA is another liver support supplement!

http://www.townsendletter.com/Dec2007/alphalipo1207.htm

A few excerpts:

The first large human clinical studies using ALA in the United States were carried out by Drs. Fredrick C. Bartter, myself, and associates from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the 1970s. We administered ALA to 79 people with severe and acute liver damage at various hospitals around the United States, and 75 recovered full liver function.

Four laboratory tests that really tell a doctor what is going on in the liver

The first is the platelet count. It is important because as liver inflammation and scarring progress, the platelet count goes down. So, the platelet count is a very helpful indirect indication of liver health, and a rise in platelet count is an indication of a healing liver.

I believe that the albumin level is the most important liver function test. A diseased liver can only produce a small amount of albumin. So a person with severe liver disease has a low albumin level, and as the liver improves, the albumin level rises.

The ALT is a liver enzyme that results from damage to the liver. It normally goes up and down from day to day, however, a downward trend may suggest an improvement of liver function. Interestingly enough, in cases of severe liver disease, the ALT is very low because most liver cells have been killed off.

The prothrombin time is a very important tool for measuring liver health, because a sick liver cannot produce much of the clotting factors, and thus the prothrombin time (a time it takes the blood to clot) is elongated in severe liver disease. As the liver regenerates, the prothrombin time shortens.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My naturopath is a big fan of coffee enemas for liver support. She recommends that you do a clear water rinse before the coffee to clear the sludge so the coffee can do its work

Chlorella 30-60 minutes before will also help bind the liver toxins and get them out of your body.

She also recommends castor oil pack on the liver and monthly liver flushes (Andreas Moritz's method).

Liver Protec by Montiff is a good liver support supplement.

Good luck in bringing those enzymes down!

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those who do enemas - do you deplete all the healthy bacteria as well?

Do you all replace?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never did replace. It's a low enema, so it shouldn't deplete bacteria. I took probiotics orally.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeforhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixgoofykids-where is the best place to get the undenatured whey protein powder? I had a link a couple weeks ago and have lost it.
Posts: 199 | From Niagara Falls | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I bought mine at Whole Foods, but I know some buy it at iHerb.

--------------------

hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeforhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again sixgoofykids - found the link, wondering if you can take a look and tell me if this is a similar product to what you are talking about?

Thank you

Posts: 199 | From Niagara Falls | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

oops, here is the link

http://www.vitaglo.com/nr73500.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement