LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » does homeopathy work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does homeopathy work?
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do homeopathic treatments work?

If you have had successes or failures with homeopathic products (i.e. Desert Bio or others) can you please share your experience?

Thank you!
V

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: Do homeopathic treatments work?

For symptoms - often - yes. For infection - not alone. But, sometimes, can be helpful as part of a plan or in rotation with many other modalities.

Effects seem to vary. There have been several threads that offer more detail.
--------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

Search archives - in the subject line of the medical forum, you might search both:

homeopathy

homeopathic

===============================

It's best to work with a professional who is fully trained in homeopathic medicine. Usually, that is a ND or L. Ac. Be sure they are also ILADS-educated and fully lyme/TBD literate.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/13964?

Topic: How to find an ILADS-educated lyme literate (LL) professionals in these areas:

Naturopathic doctor (ND); Acupuncturist (L. Ac.), a doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.), or a doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine (D.Ay.), certified herbalists or nutritionists, . . .

. . . Holistic MDs, and also Doctors of Osteopath (DO) and Doctors of Chiropractic (DC), etc.

�� Includes many professional links, articles and books on complementary / integrative methods - & RIFE links -- all by LL authors.

Also included are basic links explaining the principles of herbal medicine. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler!
Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the desbio metox and chemtox. Work great. I use them with the Bionic, which makes them stronger, but they are meant to be used orally.

I also like the Pekana detox remedies.

John (can't remember his full screen name) used homeopathics successfully after Bionic treatment.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is doing very well treating with nothing but lachesis homeopathic (snake venom) with a classical homeopath.

I did the Deseret Biologicals Bartonella series, just once and it was TERRIBLE for me. . and I've never done a more successful treatment. It has held the bartonella at bay for nearly six months.

Darn good for a $50.00 product, but I had to have 24 a day support for near suicide attempts, anxiety, extreme fatigue.

24 hour a day support.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Yes, I have read that the Des Bio bart series is brutal. But you feel like you came out good on the other side? I have read that from several people on the Bart, although not as positive results on the other side with the one for Lyme. I want to try the Bart, but can't even handle a tiny bit of alcohol while on Flagyl.

Six, do you use those for detox?

CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To clarify a common misunderstanding:

Homeopathy is NOT herbal medicine. It is energy medicine. Not all Naturopathic physicians practice/use homeopathy with their patients.

My credentials: I've studied and used homeopathic remedies since age 10, took classes, etc., but only for acute care (first aid, colds/flu, etc.) and not Constitutional prescribing. I use homeopathy to manage some symptoms and combat medication side-effects pretty successfully.

There is a book, by Peter Alex, called "The Homeopathic Treatment of Lyme Disease" - I got my copy from amazon.com (I have no financial connection with the book or amazon.com). It is a good read, and sheds some interesting light on a homeopathic view/perspective on Lyme Disease. I've tried the remedy listed in the book as most closely describing the symptoms of Lyme - Aurum Arsenicum - and had some success with it [especially for the anxiety and depression from Lyme/Bart]. I had to stop using it though when my local doctor wanted to work on something else with me and this remedy is not compatible with what she wants me to take. I do plan to go back to the Aurum Ars. when I've finished the other issue.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Razzle, what would be a good homeopathic remedy to replace Xanax? Also, is there a homeopathic that will help a person wean off Xanax?

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VB

I've been working with a classical homeopath for 2 years exactly.

He gives me one remedy at a time and works his way up until we hit a road block, then he switches remedies.

I really respond well to Pulsatilla especially with neurological symptoms. But everyone responds differently depending on their constitution.

I can say with 100% certainty, my "hayfever" symptoms every spring are fixed. I still have some reactions to my cat here and there, but overall, they have moved that issue out of my system for now.

My homeopath is 100% against blends of homeopathic remedies (with use of more than one remedy at a time). This is the difference between classical homeopathy and other methods using blends.

I can't say the blends don't work, but I just know that this classical approach (however slow it is) is helping me.

He is also against antibiotics. He feels that they mask the symptoms of the disease and push it "further and deeper".

With that said, I told him I feel antibiotics are necessary at times and he still works with me but says the remedies don't work the same.

It's hard to know which is the "right" route. Obviously we all differ. But.. i strongly believe it was with his help that I even found out that I had lyme disease after 8 years of problems.

I work with a LLND who endorses the use of homeopathics. So, I employ antibiotics, herbs and homeopathics.

It gets confusing at times, but I am hoping it is the right path for me. Perhaps others will find it useful as well.

I bought my homeopathic dr that book by Peter Alex. Not sure what the book entails as I haven't purchased a copy for myself. Honestly don't even know if he is even reading it or using the info to help me.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement