LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can long term treatment get rid of Babs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can long term treatment get rid of Babs
iamgreek
Member # 29517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamgreek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy new year my new friends !

Was wondering, Im taking zith and mepron. Also going to start Artemisinin together with the the Z and M.

Has there been any hope as to getting rid of this co infection ? Any

Have theories on this subject. Just looking for some hope to knock it all out of my system.

Thanks again !

Posts: 85 | From Long Branch NJ | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had babs microti. Found by Igenex FISH test. I got rid of it with months of treatment.

I had undiagnosed lyme disease (plus babs and bartonella) for 10 years before getting the diagnosis.

It is now nearly 6 years since I completed my treatment and I am still symptom-free, enjoying my life.

I got rid of these diseases by going to a doc who followed the Burrascano lyme treatment protocol. 2 other lyme docs before him helped me but didn't know enough to cure me. I spent (wasted?) 2 years with them. This was before I knew better.

One year with a Burrascano doctor and I was finished.

I suggest you read and study the Burrascano guidelines and then find a doctor who treats using that protocol.

It worked for me and all my friends. I know at least 6 people who got rid of lyme and its coinfections this way. That's why I am such a strong believer in the Burrascano protocol.

Here are the guidelines:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Check the guidelines to see if your dosages line up with Burrascano. Also, be sure you take breaks from the artemisinin. I took it 3 days in a row, then off 4 days every week. That is just an example. My doc had me take it on the days that I noticed a babs flare.

Follow the Burrascano diet and exercise recommendations and take his required supplements too. His protocol includes all 4: meds, diet, supplements, and exercise.

Do all that and you should do well.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the3030club
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the3030club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. You'll do it.
Posts: 339 | From Outer Space | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inundatedbyinfo
Member # 28378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inundatedbyinfo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what if the babesia has made you too tired to exercise? I think I have babesia, and what made me suspect it was being tired for two days after exercise-- and I mean yogic type stuff, pushups, situps, etc... should you just power through it and exercise anyway?

--------------------
Inundatedbyinfo
Bit 8/16/10
Treated 9/14/10

Taking:
Doxy, Amoxicilin, Magnesium, Diflucan, Olive Leaf Extract, Others

Posts: 30 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microti yes. I'm starting to wonder if Duncani (WA-1) can really be beat. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course WA1 can be beat. I have it almost symptom free and llmd wants to stay on it another two months.

[Smile]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding fatigue and exercise, inundated, here is what Burrascano says on page 31:

"LYME DISEASE REHABILITATION

Despite antibiotic treatments, patients will NOT return to normal unless they exercise, so therefore an aggressive rehab program is absolutely necessary. It is a fact that a properly executed exercise program can actually go beyond the antibiotics in helping to clear the symptoms and to maintain a remission.

Although the scientific basis for the benefits of exercises is not known, there are several reasonable theories. It is known that Bb will die if exposed to all but the tiniest oxygen concentrations. If an aggressive exercise program can increase tissue perfusion and oxygen levels, then this may play a role in what is being seen.

Also, during aggressive exercise, the core body temperature can rise above 102 degrees; it is known that B. burgdorferi is very heat sensitive. Perhaps it is the added tissue oxygenation, or higher body temperature, or the combination that weakens the Lyme Borrelia, and allows the antibiotics and our defenses to be more effective.

Regular exercise-related movements can help mobilize lymph and enhance circulation.

In addition, there is now evidence that a carefully structured exercise program may benefit T-cell function: this function will depress for 12 to 24+ hours after exercise, but then rebound. This T-cell depression is more pronounced after aerobics which is why aerobics are not allowed.

The goal is to exercise intermittently, with exercise days separated by days of total rest, including an effort to have plenty of quality sleep. The trick is to time the exercise days to take advantage of these rebounds.

For an example, begin with an exercise day followed by 3 to 5 rest days; as stamina improves, then fewer rest days will be needed in between workouts. However, because T-cell functions do fall for at least one day after aggressive exercises, be sure to never exercise two days in a row.

Finally, an in intermittent exercise program, properly executed, may help to reset the HPA axis more towards normal. On the following page is an exercise prescription that details these recommendations."

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

So, if you need to rest 3 to 5 days after exercising, do so.

Exercise is what brought me back to normal. My lyme doc said I would NEVER get rid of these diseases if I didn't. I did the Burrascano weight lifting/calesthenics for 1 hour. It took me months to work up to the one hour, I was so weak.

At first, all I could do was 10 minutes of light weights. Heck, my legs shook like jello walking down the stairs to our basement to start the workout!

I needed my husband there for moral support.

Since extreme muscle weakness was my major symptom, telling me to lift weights for 1 hour was like saying to climb Mt. Everest. Nevertheless, I did it.

I was treating bartonella at the time, and then babesiosis for about 9 months. I did this workout throughout that treatment.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In speaking with my daughters LLMD he indicated Babesia needs to be treated for a minimun of 8 months.

In speaking with a couple of internest's (non LLMD's) they indicate Babesia is difficult to treat. Both don't agree with how we are having our daughter treated for Lyme.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I treated with Mepron and Zith, pulsing, for a year and saw significant improvement. I was close, I believe, but not yet symptom free.

Then my insurance denied any more zith so I switched to biaxin. That was the beginning of a year long downhill slide. I'm now on about my third protocol since then and finally seeing improvement again.

I have Babesia Duncani, which is much harder to get rid of. I had even gotten rid of my heat intolerance and was able to walk around in 100 degree heat without repercussions.

That all came back, but I'm now on something that I think will get it. Throughout it all I have been on artemisinin, and was on Lariam until other issues caused PTSD and my LLMD had me stop it.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement