LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do really chemical sensitive folks start detoxing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do really chemical sensitive folks start detoxing?
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does anyone know about detoxing when we're real chemical sensitive - that's me - I am not tolerating most supplements - so how do we start when real sensitive?

[ 01-07-2011, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried foot pads?

I just posted a link on another thread... it's late or I'd look it up again. If you are interested, do a search for Takara Detox Foot Patch.

Do you muscle test? That's how we choose. It changes week to week what we use and what dosage.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you? If so, what happens? In general, I can't touch stuff without reacting - I'm very chemical sensitive!

Muscle testing doesn't work for me at all. I have to touch or taste-test the smallest amount of anything.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I put them on my son's feet every night rotating between the top of the foot, the middle of the foot and the bottom of the foot. My son's are always drenched. His toxin load is very high as he is very ill.

When I had the swollen kidney from detoxing too quickly with salt/c I used them for 3 nights on the middle section of my foot because that is where the kidneys are. They got diminishing results every night. They are still not clear and I will probably use them again tonight.

Here is a link to the foot map that tells what part of the foot links to what part of the body and why detoxing through the feet is a good idea.
http://bit.ly/dSF9lM

Most mornings, my son does a foot bath with epsom salt, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide... then he rubs his feet with vitamin e oil.

The ingredients on the foot pads I mention above (Takara) are Bamboo Vinegar, Wood Vinegar, tourmaline, eucalyptus, hoouttuynia cordata, saururus chinesis, hitosan, agaricus mushroom & cornstarch.

Here's the link to where I buy them:
http://www.takarapatch.com/

I don't know how chemically sensitive you are, whether this means herbs also?

I just muscle tested for soladago-- a kidney cleanse tincture. My son muscle tested for it also. He can only tolerate one drop a day, while I am good for 15 drops, 2 x a day.

Are you attempting to muscle test on your own?

We go to an ND once a week which seems to be enough... although sometimes I wish I could do it every day. I have tried muscle testing myself and with my son and I haven't been able to be confident enough in the outcomes.

Good luck. Would love to see someone who is chemically sensitive give some input for you.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
momlyme,

you mean you got 3 hours sleep? how do you function? Just concerned.

The mom in me (my kids call me the sleep nazi) has arrived!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tonglen
Member # 18472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tonglen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need to get yourself in the least reactive position possible. First, have you eliminated all environmental triggers such as fragrance, etc.? food sensitivities like gluten, corn, etc.? Once you are more stable, try pure glutatione without any additives and see how you react. Then slowly try other detoxifiers like NAC, alpha lipoic acid, vit C, etc. When one has severe mcs, your supps and meds need to be as pure as possible-no excipients in supps including ethanol, mg stearate (try Pure Encapsulations or Thorne) and get your meds compounded so color,preservative free. Good luck!
Posts: 70 | From U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered a 2 pack of the foot pads. They will send for free (plus shipping--but the shipping did not show up in total).

I'll report later. I am very skeptical but willing.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:
momlyme,

you mean you got 3 hours sleep? how do you function? Just concerned.

The mom in me (my kids call me the sleep nazi) has arrived!

17hens - I think you might have misunderstood wht I wrote. LOL - NO. I get more than 3 hours sleep!!! I used them for 3 nights on the middle of my foot. I get plenty of sleep! Weird hours... but usually 8+ a day. No worries.

--------------------
May health be with you!

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Start slow -

Lots of filtered water, of course with fresh squeezed lemon is great.

Detox baths (epsom salts and then add other ingredients when you can) Start with warm bath for five or ten minutes and then increase and add hot tea to make you sweat better. Rinse with warm shower afterwards and pat dry.

Dry brushing is great.

When you can a Far Infra Red sauna is super for detoxing. I worked my way upt 45 mintes at about 140 degrees and I no longer have much chemical or smell sensitivies (or minimal compared to what I had).

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hydroxy B12 shots (compounded) every day helped me a lot.
Also you have to kill the pathogens ( bacteria, viruses, parasites)then your body will be less sensitive.

If you are sensitive try everything on tiny doses and compounded , I had to start doxy on 5 mg not 100 as others do.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Interesting answers - thx all -

I have just reacted to all VitB12 supplements, including the pure compounded form. I don't know what that means, other than I can't do VitB12 -

No herbs - I just react -

I can't touch a dry brush - react to that too -

Can't be around fragrances -

Such fun this is. I think I'll try the lemon in water and some epsom salt baths!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Interesting answers - thx all -

I have just reacted to all VitB12 supplements, including the pure compounded form. I don't know what that means, other than I can't do VitB12 -

No herbs - I just react -

I can't touch a dry brush - react to that too -

Can't be around fragrances -

Such fun this is. I think I'll try the lemon in water and some epsom salt baths!

Someone told me a new portable FIR sauna might outgas, which I couldn't handle. Logically, then, a used one would make more sense - if anyone has any ideas about how I might go about finding a used one?

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
A cozy warm bath can get circulation moving gently. We sweat in a warm bath, too. Twenty minutes is supposed to be the time limit and avoid hot water, keep it nice and warm but never really hot unless you know you can take it and live to tell about it the next day.

Massage is excellent. Yoga and Tai chi also help.

Gentle bouncing on a yoga ball or mini-trampoline to move lymph tissue (unless this promotes dizziness, in which case, don't do that to excess as it can make inner ear stuff worse).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you handle castor oil on your skin? My LLND suggests castor oil packs for detox, on the abdomen. I'm too weak to go through this process, so I haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd mention it.

If you need more info on it, let me know. This truly sounds like such a challenge! Otherwise, yes, the baths sound like a good option, and light exercise.

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Do you know how effective castor packs are, also how they're done?
momlyme
Member # 27775

Robin,

I tried this with my son, for his liver, but he has a problem with textures - and it stresses him out more than it detoxes him. So I only tried it once.

I used a hot water bottle, not an electric heating pad.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/thcast1.html

--------------------
May health be with you!

Forgetfulgirl123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forgetfulgirl123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very chemically sensitive as well, and have a similar issue.

Have you tried pekana detox remedies, with the alcohol burned off?

How about ionic foot baths?

Posts: 125 | From U.S. | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know much personally about the castor oil packs -- just that my LLND recommends them. She said that some people are helped quite a bit by them. I also have a friend who said that when she used to do them, they helped.

These are the general instructions my doctor gave:

She has people take a towel (one that you can get messy), and lay a piece of plastic wrap over it.

Then, take a piece of flannel (3 layers), get lots of castor oil on it (enough so that it is soaked, but not dripping), then lay it on the plastic wrap.

Then invert the whole thing onto your belly, so the castor oil flannel is over your abdomen. Wrap the towel around it, and then put on a tight t-shirt (one that can get a bit messy if necessary) to hold it in place -- then rest. People either sleep with it on (protect the sheets), or just rest, read, meditate with it on for atleast an hour.

Having a heating pad over it increases the effect I think, but people who can't handle heat can leave that out.

You then save the castor oil flannel in a glass jar (she suggests a mason jar) and use it over and over each time you do the castor oil pack.

As far as your skin after taking off the pack, you can wash it off afterwards with baking soda and water.

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme2health
Member # 19981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are chemically sensitive it is very likely because you are so toxic that your liver and kidneys are not handling the load. Which means it is extremely important to detox but very difficult to do.

1. Go slow. Start with tiny trace amounts. You will eventually work up. I can do many times more than when I started a year ago.

2. Support your liver and kidneys.

3. Keep your pro-oxidative stress low with blood brain barrier crossing antioxidants. Grape seed extract and d alpha tocepherol vitamin E are excellent choices.

4. Use skin to alleviate load on liver, kidneys. People here on this page have talked about sauna, steam baths, foot pads, topically applied clay masks, etc.

5. Don't activate more than you can bind and get out. You can transport toxins to your liver, phase one detox, but you need the liver to alter it (phase two detox) to get it out of your body, otherwise it gets recycled.

For example, with heavy metal toxins. Pectin, garlic, ALA, chlorella, and others activate the metals and take them to the liver and kidneys. They stop up the kidneys by causing the tissues to swell. And the liver dumps them back out into intestines to reabsorb. Unless you take Vitamin E and selenium to bind the metal toxin into a form your body will dump as waste and not reabsorb.

There's tons more so I'll leave wtih:
5. Research. Detoxing is highly complex. The more you learn about how liver, kidneys, lungs, skin detox, the better choices you will make.

Good luck!

Posts: 62 | From U.S. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

I wonder if you could start with a drop of solidago... it did wonders for my kidneys when I was on toxic overload.

My son started with a drop a day and has worked up to 4 per day. I think it is helping. Sometimes it is hard to say with him.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx for the responses - the only category I seem to pass is the antioxidant category - mangosteen juice, grapeseed extract, noni juice - so maybe I'll add the Vit E -

more in that category would be bromelain and quercitin, curcumin, lycopene -

Question about the castor oil procedure - I can't touch materials without reacting - so I may not be able to touch the flannel -

Did a detoxigenomic liver test and it showed 3 out of 8 Phase I pathways compromised, and poor glutathione and methylation detox pathways, which are Phase II pathways.

I am doing whey protein as a glutathione precursor. I have just flunked all VitB12, including pure compounded, which is supposed to be for the methylation pathway.

Which means I guess I wait for my LLMD to figure out what to try next, unless anyone has any expertise with this to share -

This is not easy stuff - if anyone has anymore medical info to add, go ahead -

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Robin,
Have you begun to eliminate all cow-dairy products from your diet? Cow-dairy causes inflammation. The casein content creates health problems.

I don't remember if you're still eating some gluten, too?

The China Study by Campbell is excellent and may rock your world. Available from the library.

The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Man, this does sound challenging.

Well, I do remember my doctor saying that when the full castor oil pack is too much for some people, that even just rubbing castor oil on the abdomen and letting it sit there for awhile can be very helpful.

You'd probably want a way to keep it from messing things up around you, but you could really just rub it on and leave it there for awhile. Or, if it soaks in, just let it stay.

Just ideas. Good luck!

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found through my own journey that chemical sensitivity is related to overmethylation.

Addressing that got rid of most chemical sensitivity, noise sensitivity, light sensitivity, etc. It's not perfect, but 100x better. I was in the gutter.

If you have a partial methylation block, none of the stuff mentioned above will work very well with the exception of B12.

If you are very chemically sensitive, you may react very strongly to B12 initially. It could make things worse for a couple weeks. Injections may be too much, and 1,000 mcg to 3,000 mcg sublingual pills might be better. Some can't tolerate methylcobalamin because of the presence of MTHFR mutations and many take hydroxocobalamin.

You want to combine B12 with about 50 mg of P5P and 400-800 mcg of Folate (L-methylfolate or 5-methyltetrahydrofolate) at the very least.

It's very common to feel an increase an anxiety or other symptoms when starting B12 if you are in a severe state of chemical sensitivity. If I remember right, I believe some may start overproducing histamine at the beginning, and in that case you may need an anti-histamine. Addressing methylation helps your body detox and theoretically should also help your immune system function better. I felt like I was dying when I started (felt very ill with feeling of impending doom). I also got a double ear infection, and my first couple flus in years (one right after the other). Believe it or not, this was actually turned out to be a positive reaction, as I got much, much better.

I felt the benefits extremely quickly. However, you may need to stay on the protocol for many months and some stay on it for years.

Have you addressed heavy metals? This may be very important. Addressing metals helped me get off my methylation protocol. I still take the supplements sometimes, but not often.

Do not underestimate heavy metal toxicity. It is very real, and as far as I am concerned, there is not a good lab test to determine if you have heavy metal toxicity or not (especially with the presence of a partial methylation block). However, detoxing heavy metals makes you feel horrible before better (just like everything else?).

[ 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: kday ]

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing beats an infrared Sauna.... I have seen great improvements.

If you live in IL and am nearby you are welcome to try mine anytime. PM me

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Smile - I still do dairy and gluten - I am seemingly not bothered at all by either - do you know if they are universally bad for us or only some of us?

Re castor oil, this may sound nuts but there isn't a material I can touch right now besides my old clothes and I don't have enough of them to donate!

So would it work to just put some castor oil on the abdomen, let it absorb for an hour and then wipe it off?

Re VitB12, I have reacted to them all - off limits for now - not sure what is next to get the methylation cycle working again - I see my doc in a month -

Would charcoal help bind toxins/metals? If anyone knows?

I have borrowed a biomat - it involves very gentle sweating, not the drenching sweat you get from a portable FIR - I would like to do the latter but don't have the funds right now - maybe in time...

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
Smile - I still do dairy and gluten - I am seemingly not bothered at all by either - do you know if they are universally bad for us or only some of us?

Re castor oil, this may sound nuts but there isn't a material I can touch right now besides my old clothes and I don't have enough of them to donate!

So would it work to just put some castor oil on the abdomen, let it absorb for an hour and then wipe it off?

Re VitB12, I have reacted to them all - off limits for now - not sure what is next to get the methylation cycle working again - I see my doc in a month -

Would charcoal help bind toxins/metals? If anyone knows?

I have borrowed a biomat - it involves very gentle sweating, not the drenching sweat you get from a portable FIR - I would like to do the latter but don't have the funds right now - maybe in time...

I can recommend a Cowden laser energetic detox. Sounds nuts, and it sounds like (and even looks like) voodoo, but I find it highly effective. No chemicals go in you, but you can expect an initial worsening of symptoms for at least several days. You won't find peer-reviewed data of the medicine of the future. [Smile]

Not sure if you can find a practicioner that is well-versed in laser energetic detox in the SF area. I wouldn't talk about this to a "normal" highly skeptical physician, because it makes the skeptics go mad (literally).

Not being able to tolerate any form of B12 at any dosages tells me one thing: Your methylation cycle needs to eventually be addressed somehow. I am not sure what other forms of detoxification I can recommend to someone with very severe MCS. You could try traditional chelation, but I am not sure how you would hold up. It's not easy.

You would want to see a doctor familiar with both MCS and chelation. There is EDTA, DMSA, DMPS, Zeolite, OSR#1 (a very good chemical, but banned by FDA), etc.

There are many things that can address metals, but I am not in the position to make recommendations for your case. Redistribution of metals (such as to the brain) can happen if you use the wrong stuff.

I do think heavy metals may be a factor (for most?) when it comes to methylation problems.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Just chiming in. I haven't read the entire thread, so if I'm duplicating advice, please forgive me.

I use to be very chemically sensitive. When I changed what was in my home and in my food, EVERYTHING improved for me. There is a book called 'Creating a Healthy Household' that opened my eyes to more of what was inside my home.

I then switched all of my personal hygiene products to natural organic ones (have to read labels!). For instance I used Dr. Bronner's pure castile organic bar soap for showering.

And I switched to basically eating only whole foods, majority of which are organic. I buy very few things that are in bags or cans, and they again are organic with no added junk. Taking the chemicals out of my food was HUGE for me.

It was these things combined that slowly allowed me to become less chemically sensitive because I reduced my daily toxic burden significantly. Hope this helps.

Best to you, Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin,
The China Study (link above) makes it abundantly clear that cow-dairy is harmful and clearly linked to numerous chronic diseases worldwide.

Same for gluten and soy. Corn is a big problem for many people. These products have been promoted by agribusiness for profit while sound nutritional studies have been buried to increase profit at the expense of human health.

The Standard American Diet (SAD) is another Lyme Cryme keeping millions sick and ignorant. We can be different -- healthier!

I cannot recommend The China Study highly enough.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was very impressed with The China Study as well. It's one of those books that I think it's particularly important to read the introduction, foreword, etc. to really get a sense of who the author is. Because of his extensive research and knowledge, I think it lends incredibly weight to this book. Very impressive and informative.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

I ordered The China Study from my local library... looks like a popular book! Out of 10 libraries that had the book listed, 2 were stolen and 7 were out. I got the last one in 8 counties... they call when they get it in.

I can't wait!

--------------------
May health be with you!

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Hi Robin:

Yes, you can absolutely just rub the oil on your belly and let it sit there until you are ready for it to be done, and then wipe it off. The more minimal you can be the better, it sounds like.

I just want to reiterate that I haven't tried this myself, so I hope I'm giving you good advice. But, from what my doctor said the castor oil is very helpful, and just rubbing it on and keeping it there for awhile will be just fine.

Just don't get too cold with your exposed belly! [Smile]

Also, I wanted to respond to your comment about the biomat. How were you using it so that you couldn't get a drenching sweat?

I have a biomat (which I adore). Most of the time I use it at a lower setting, just to generally tonify my body. However, when I want to, I can definitely get a major sweat going at a higher setting.

I lay on it and cover myself with 2 blankets. Usually i fall asleep and at a higher setting, when I wake up I'm drenched.

How were you using the one you borrowed?

Robin123
Member # 9197

LymeAware - I think I've just hit on the perfect solution - I can do the biomat and the castor oil at the same time - it's a good time overlap and the biomat will keep me warm! Fyi, I do the biomat at its highest setting.

I'll just put up a tent pole from my belly to the sleeping bag that covers me so no castor oil gets on anything but me. What a lifestyle we have... [Smile]

You know how the papers have society papers? We should have the Lyme Society paper - oh, I forgot, it's here - Ms R123 does a simultaneous biomat/castor oil treatment, Ms Dilly drenches herself in gasoline and lives to tell the story, etc.

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

LOL! Hijacking your own thread since laughter is THE BEST medicine!

Ms RTS no longer eats the SAD nor gets SAD in winter, yet has trouble washing her dishes...

Ms R123 seeks Boy Scouts to transport her sleeping bag to the laundromat...

Ms Dilly has been refused admittance to all laundromats in the US for two months...

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?

PORPHYRIA

Includes links from GiGi, Dr. K, and others about KPU / HPU (mauve factor) . . .

& links from TerryK regarding METHYLATION issues
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Hilarious Robin...I love it! [Smile]

And I love your idea of the castor oil pack with the biomat. Perfect solution!

Plus, it's like you get to camping while you detox! Tent poles, sleeping bag.... Let's sit around the biomat and sing girl scout songs.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Biomat/castor oil campers sing biomat/castor oil camp songs...

To the tune of "I love the mountains"

I love the biomat,
I love the rolling heat,
I love the oil,
I love the clean-up feat,
I love the fireside
When it's infrared -
Boom di ida, boom di ida
Boom di ida, boom di ida...

Stay tuned for a spilled-gasoline camp song...

LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

LOL!!!!

That's genius Robin! Pure genius!

Let's see here....how about On Top of Old Smokey:

On top of the bio-mat, all covered in oil
I lost all my toxins as that castor got soiled.

It leaked off my belly and onto the sheet
But atleast I was comfy, with that infrared heat.

Good luck with this Robin...continued well wishes for your healing and detox! Take care [Smile]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Funny, Lymeaware!

Keebler, or others - is HPU/KPU always involved if we have a hard time detoxing or just some of the time? Can it be tested for clearly or is it just guesswork?

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Dear Robin,
Dr B emphasizes the importance of a yeast-control diet in his Treatment Guidelines. It's so unfortunate your LLMD didn't insist on it, too!

As long as you've never eliminated dairy and gluten to give your body a break from inflammation, you're going to have lots of assorted health ailments.

I'll coach you thru the transition, Robin. Thousands of people have done it. It is SO worth it!

Rootin' for ya,
Smile

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
Funny, Lymeaware!

Keebler, or others - is HPU/KPU always involved if we have a hard time detoxing or just some of the time? Can it be tested for clearly or is it just guesswork?

It's elevated in ~80% of Lyme patients. I have it.

It's tested via a urine test. It's $50, but you have to pay to ship it.

It is tied in with both methylation, detox, and poor immunity. It's also tied to serious neurological diseases such as schizophrenia and severe anxiety/depression.

I have not treated HPU yet. I find the protocol rather worrisome, especially if you don't have a doctor that knows about HPU. It can shift metals, and without proper chelation, it can cause all sorts of problems.

It was much easier for me to work on Methylation first, as I think there is less that can go wrong.

However, according to Dr. K, if you have HPU, you have to treat it to lift your methylation block. I don't find this statement true from my experience. However, my methylation can turn itself "off" rather easily, and I have to jump start it again with the proper supplements. Perhaps what he means is that I need to treat HPU for more of a permanent fix.

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My chem. sensitivity is ways better since I am on abx( had to start with 5 mg a day).

I think you are sensitive when too many bad things are in your body, once they are better the sensitivity is over.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

I don't think one thing can always be the cause of not being able to detox. So, in answer to whether HPU is always the cause of not detoxing well, no.

My son could not detox well. WBC went down consistently with all abx treatment while liver function tests rose. We had to take him off abx and re-evaluate. Now treating HPU and Babs - simultaneously. Muscle testing is helping tremendously.

Wish I could give credit for this next snippet. It is in my notes and relevant to what you are asking. I copied it from Dr. K. somewhere:

KPU is caused by the defect of several of the 8 enzymes needed for the synthesis of heme. Heme is needed for liver detox reactions. In Lyme Disease, it has been postulated that the stealth-like lyme bacteria inactivates a specific enzyme that is critical for white blood cells in the role of the immune system; thereby shutting the immune system down and 'turning it off' completely. This further leads to significant loses of co-factors such as zinc and B6. One of the most common physical attributes to the related condition is 'leukodynia' - or white spots on the nails resulting from Zinc losses.

If you have white lines on your fingernails (leukodynia) you have a zinc deficiency and don't need to do the HPU test. Only 60% have the white spots, so don't rule it out if you don't have that indicator.

The lab Dr. K. recommends is Vitamin Diagnostics... I think Tammy N posted the info a short time ago. The test is not 100% reliable... none are. If you follow the guidelines Dr. K. sets out for 24 hour collection of urine, you can have a better chance of getting accurate results.

Other Lab Markers for HPU
*WBC less than 5000/mcL(due to low levels of zinc)
*High LDL / Low HDL
*Low normal alkaline phosphatase(less than60U/L)
*Low omega-6 fatty acids in red cell membrane test
*Low taurinein amino acid profile
*High MCV (size of red blood cells)
*WBC and RBC zinc and manganese levels may be normal while biopsies from bone and CNS are completely deficient
*Bone biopsies are a reliable predictor of HPU
*Severe deficiencies of zinc, manganese, lithium, calcium, magnesium, and molybdenum are often found

--------------------
May health be with you!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Momlyme, well that was interesting. I looked at my fingernails - white lines on all of them.

I remember at a candida meeting once, everyone tasted a liquid that was passed around - don't remember what it was. If we could not taste it, that meant we were zinc-deficient. And I could not taste it.

So back to the chemical sensitivity Q - if we're deficient in zinc, is it necessary to supplement with it in order for detoxing to start?

Also, how much zinc, if we're deficient? I've heard 15mg/day, but is more necessary since we're depleted?

Thx to anyone who knows something about this -

Also, when you talk about the borrelia interfering with enzyme production that's dependent on zinc, seems that one of the key ways Lyme totally messes us up is by interfering in all the enzyme reactions.

For example, I read that magnesium is needed for 300 enzymes, and it gets depleted early on.

kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Being able to taste zinc or not in one of those taste tests is not an indicator of zinc deficiency. It's a wives tale, and unfortunately, it's not true and does not correlate to zinc status.
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The taste test is not a wives tale - it originated with a biochemist who thought to have found the solution almost ten years ago now. The taste test for minerals is not conclusive. Neither are blood tests.

To get a fair look at your mineral status, do a Doctor's Data hair test for $46. and find a good doctor who knows how to interpret the test for you. Don't jump to conclusions when you first see the results. It needs a bit of explanation.

I posted less than a month ago giving the
Dr. K. explanation of the test so that you will be able to know what it means.

That test will also tell you your toxic metal
status.

Detoxing does not work if the body runs on the wrong blueprint (DNA misinformed - methylation problems, etc. ) and enzyme production is blocked as is the case with many. The AI test will tell you.

Test for KPU. If you fall into that category and don't do anything about it, detoxing is a lifelong struggle with a sad ending. You simply can't get rid of the stuff and the body breaks under the burden.

If I had to go through all of Lyme again (which I don't because it is long gone), I would start with AI and do KPU alongside. The rest will be a lot easier if the body's DNA programming is no longer messing things up and is being corrected with the AI drops.

You have no idea what 15 drops of water when infused with the corrected frequencies can accomplish. The longer you have been ill, the longer it will take to correct all the errors in the DNA, and then for the immune system to step in and do what it is meant to do.

We mess up with what we put in and on our body and expose ourselves to. ABX wipe out the immune system. Start with last night's local news and understand what that does to us - just the thoughts! And some of it we have inherited - we got their smarts, their beauty, but also some of the ancient DNA imprints that we now have to deal with. AI removes that.

Wheat was a perfect food before manmade chemicals became part of it. Today most children are born with wheat allergies!?

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

Can you direct me to a link about AI?

I have no idea what this is, and did a search and a zillion things came up with all kinds of words with "AI" in them.

I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for all the info [Smile]

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=it&langpair=de|en&u=http://www.allergie-immun.de

you are welcome.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement