LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Throwing up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Throwing up
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past week or so, my wife had this "new" symptom - she throws up at around 1 am. Consistantly for every night almost.

First, I thought it was from the newly increased dose of chlorella so we stopped that all together. Then we thought it mgiht be caused by laying down too quickly after her last med. Then we thought it might be triggered by her earlier dose of antibiotic at 8pm (after that, she usually would go to bed with our young daughter to read and often forgot to sit up straight).

So far, nothing has actually worked.

By talking to her llmd, they suggested that it might be because her last dose requires a lot of water/liquid - again suggested that she should wait a while before going to bed.

Still no relief.

Any thought what's happening?

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know what to tell you except that for 9 1/2 years hubby woke up from a sound sleep at least once almost every night with dry heaves and Parkinsonian tremors. That symptom finally stopped 6 months ago when he went back on IV Rocephin -- had taken that med 7 years ago and at that time I had to stop almost every single dose to give IV ativan for seizure-like episodes.

It is my understanding that babesia and probably bartonella multiply during the night. Hubby actually seemed to do the best when his docs stacked all his meds in late afternoon and at suppertime.

Some possibilities. Does your wife have any seizure-type symptoms? Could some other med such as pain meds be wearing off at that time? Is she taking 5HTP or any SSRI's which could cause excess quinolinic acid production?

Hubby most frequently woke up between 1:00 and 3:00 a.m. According to the Chinese medicine clock this is the liver/gallbladder cycle I think. For a lot of those years hubby had slightly elevated bilirubin although all other liver enzymes were normal. He is definitely sensitive to changes in bilirubin levels -- the amount of nausea and dry heaves fluctuates accordingly.

At least that gives you some things to think about. I used to have to give hubby a very small (12 1/2 mg dose) of IV phenergan to calm things down so he could go back top sleep. He could take the oral phenergan pills around the clock and it still did not stop the night time disturbances.

Hope you can figure this out.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

That's interesting. She used to take 5HTP and that was fine with her. She stopped taking that a few months ago and now this throwing up.

I have to study more about the cycle of babesia and bartonella. I am more puzzled that after all these months, are they come out more forcefully now then before? She has been on treatment for close to 2 years now.

It sounds to me that I have to look close into her liver/gallblader support. That would be something that makes most sense to me as she has been treated for so long, and has been under strict diet.

We are still in the process of looking into her seizure issue. As I have learned more, I think she might have seizures but we never noticed that symptom until now we know one doesn't have to have a full brown seizure to "qualify" that.

Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtl, is she still taking a couple detox supplements in the evening? Can she or does she take them with food? I wonder if maybe they are too irritating or too much to take on an empty stomach.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Hi Sammy - I was also thinking the same. She seems to think it is from chlorella because she hats the taste. When she had to increase the dose, that's when the throwing up started.

I will try to give her some snacks when she takes it.

momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This older post about chlorella was recently brought up by canefan17 ...wtl- thought you might find it relevant to your wife's possible chlorella sensitivity.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/54221

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Thank you, Heather. Wow...
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worms are most active at night?

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Pine - I too am concerned with worms. Several things do continue to point at that direction - her unexplanable weight loss, upset stomach, lack of energy...just toname a few.

Given she was given a few rounds of parasite treatment, but we might have to try more.

[ 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: wtl ]

nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds to me like it is probably the Chlorella - it might take a while to heal from it, as it might have put a large strain on an already taxed system (liver, gall bladder, etc.). Your wife should perhaps trust her body and instinct on this one.

There was another thread here in the last month about how they just tested a bunch of it (chlorella) and found most of it was highly contaminated with a certain toxin.

I wish I knew how to find that thread.

I also agree with others here that mentioned liver support is an important factor.

I think about you guys a lot and send you all good wishes.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Thank you, nenet. I think of you often as well.

It's disheartening and discouraging to know that there are problems with chlorella. All along I thought we were doing the right thing by adding more and more that stuff to her daily intake, and now we come to find out we just added more undesirable goodies to her system...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement