LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babs vs. bart herx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babs vs. bart herx
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I am getting ahold of babesia and it is on its way out. This morning I woke up with classic bart streaks on my back. I had been diagnosed with this via clinical plus a blood smear. So now I have a question. Babesia has been a very nasty experience to treat,is bartonella going to be as rough? My remaining symptoms are:transverse myelitis,numb legs,occasional leg weakness,tinitus.Am I still in for more hell???
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone?
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I used levaquin the herx was intensely emotional but I felt much better in a few weeks. I got tendonitis from levaquin and had to quit it but at the time, with only five weeks of taking it, I was much better.

Later I did Rifampin and did not make much progress. Then I used Bactrim DS and zithro. This brought slow steady progress.

I have been treating babesia almost 7 weeks. I would say my progress is slower than the levaquin but faster than the bactrim or rifampin.

But for me, not treating bart is much worse than treating it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very normal, in my view. Get one critter down, the other will show up. Cheer up, I hope you really are getting rid of babs as this is a tough pathogen to get rid of.

Having new symptoms when one critter symptoms are fading is a GOOD sign, in my experience. Bad sign is to have a static disease with static symptoms. That means, healing takes longer, in my feeling.

Babesia herxes for me were THE WORST of all, no doubt. Second worst were candida herxes. Third worst the rest, borrelia, bart etc. I never suffered too much with bart herxes that I remember.

Be happy if your babesia doesn't come back again. Be very attentive to any babesial symptoms coming back as I feel one has to get rid of babs before anything else to feel better.

If your babs is gone, congrats!!! Many people feel MUCH better after babs is definitively gone! I did!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Thanks Brussels, I see my LLMD in a couple of weeks. I will see what he thinks on the presence of remaining Babs.

The smyptoms that have left are: most of the emotional,chills,night sweats,shakyness,legs are better, balance,hypercussis...Very Happy!

I still am taking large involuntary breaths, air hunger?

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The air hunger could be something else, like a herx (in my case, I had it for long even after my babs was gone, kind of weird way of breathing...). It usually lifted with right binders.

Do you still have hot flushes? Is fatigue better? Brain fog better?

I hope so.

I could see my babs back by the extreme brain fog, by LIGHT sensitivity (sort of like my pupils got big and I couldn't tolerate sunlight), I also had hot flushes coming for no reason, low ferritin levels etc.

But when I relapsed, it was usually light sensitivity that called my attention to babs returning...

If you see babs symptoms returning, treat it fast again. It's easier to put it again dormant when it is not strong yet. Let it survive a few days, and it will take longer to put it dormant again. At least, that was what happened to me, if I remember well.

Anyway, congrats on the improvement!! I hope you knocked it!

No worry about bart, if it comes, it could be for a good reason (that babesia is knocked down!!!)

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clueless
Member # 30019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clueless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello brussels,

what was it like finding a LLMD in Belgium?

I am in France and it AIN'T EASY? We are initially treating Bb- first round, but the more I read realize we have a very long road ahead (perhaps) ie. Bart?, Babs?,CPN???? etc.... Just wondering if you found easy labs to work with in terms of speciality testing?

You sound like you've been to L'ENFER and back!did you also treat CPN?

really new at this- learning!!!

merci et a tres bientot!

--------------------
Change is inevitable

Posts: 77 | From France | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement