LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » hypoparathyroid after mercury detox...ideas anyone??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hypoparathyroid after mercury detox...ideas anyone??
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hypoparathyroidism right now that started after I did a mercury detox (chelation). I also have low calcium and low vitamin D which is all related to this.

I've done some research and found that its very uncommon if you haven't had thyroid surgery.

Anyone else have suggestions? I'm taking calcium and vit d supplements but I would really like to find something to get my parathyroid back on track.

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you are doing to chelate mercury- maybe could help more if I knew...

When you use binders to get out the bad metals, they will take the good metals with them...

If you know you are deficient... take more!

While you are chelating...

supplement with calcium, magnesium, zinc and trace minerals.

We take the calcium in a special, 2:1 combination with magnesium and take it in an acid base... this is good for absorption.

B6, B-12, Biotin, lechtin

evening primrose, krill oil, vitamin e

We use a vitamin D3 oil

Make sure when you take vitamins & minerals, you take them away from oils! If you take them together, they make soap in the stomach and nothing gets absorbed!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
momlyme-
Could you please point to your source of information for taking vitamins/minerals away from oils?

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry - sources noted:

Page 4 of Rough Draft Notes from Dr K's Presentation at THRiiiVE Summit #5:
http://bit.ly/ie6y9x

"SEPARATE minerals from the oils as when take minerals with oil it forms soap and impairs absorption"

Dr. K. presentation on KPU/HPU
http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pammy
Member # 15695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I didn't know about the oil/vitamins. I've been taking vit d oil along with everything else.

Heather, I don't remember exactly what I took for the mercury detox. It was an herbal combination and magnesium baths.

I figured it was working because at the beginning I got a lot of strange "symptoms" that I found out are definitely related to mercury.

I finished that last fall and since then all of my Lyme/Babs symptoms have been horrible and my parathyroid doesn't seem to want to work anymore. I had some blood work done that confirmed this.

I'm taking calcium Lactate with magnesium, vit D, biotin (for hair loss), and artemesinin.

I really don't want to keep having to replace calcium because my body won't regulate it. I'm worried about osteoporosis too.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if their parathyroid started functioning properly again?

I'm hoping I didn't do permanent damage with the mercury detox.

Thanks for the feedback..

~Pam

Posts: 92 | From home | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks momlyme. That is a very long presentation. I'm only about 1/2 way through. It is very good info though. He must mention it in the second 1/2. I'll be interested to hear his reasoning.

I've learned a lot from Dr. K's material in the past. That said, I don't think you will find the notion that minerals should not be taken with oils to be accepted amoung most medical practioners. I assume Dr. K found this through muscle testing?

Although not 100% accurate I do believe in muscle testing and have been using it for many years. I don't discount his theory but I am not toally convinced. Maybe I'll give it a try and see if it makes any difference since minerals are such a critical element of detox.

Thanks for bringing the information up and posting a link to his video.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

TerryK - he mentions it at 1hr:17min

You are probably there already if you were halfway through when you posted.

I do suggest watching the whole presentation if you are going to treat HPU/KPU or you are already treating this or otherwise concerned with heavy metals.

Even though I have watched it several times, I catch something new every time I watch it.

--------------------
May health be with you!

TerryK
Member # 8552

Pammy, I'm sorry you are having problems with your parathyroid glands. As you probably know, heavy metal chelation chelates minerals so perhaps that is part of the problem?

I'm no expert on parathyroid problems so I can't offer much in the way of solutions but if it were me I'd wonder if I needed more heavy metal chelating/binding.

My understanding is once the heavy metals are drawn out of bone and tissue they can be re-distributed if not bound and removed. It's one of my biggest fears with heavy metal chelation.

I;d find a good ND who knows about heavy metal chelation and the parathyroid gland before going the surgery route.

I don't want to discourage you but I don't think it is that unusual for lyme symptoms to flare once heavy metals are removed. That said, supposedly dysfunctional parathyroid gland symptoms overlap with lyme symptoms.

I hope you find somone who can help you.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

momlyme
Member # 27775

Pammy - I would venture to guess that you have not finished with mercury detox. You may have just stirred things up and need to push forward with this.

In my experience, when something gets hung up or stalled in treatment, backing off for comfort and then pushing through.

One thing I always remind myself and my son is:
The only way out is through.

A good book to read is Amalgam Illness by Andrew Cutler; Dr. K's free information on the web is great and look closely at the autism/lyme connection. If you are willing to study autism, you can find much information that will help with CLD.

--------------------
May health be with you!

TerryK
Member # 8552

Pammy - I'm sorry for taking so much time in your thread talking about the vitamin/oil issue. I just noticed that Heather started another thread(good idea Heather!) about this issue so I'll post my response in that thread.

I hope you hear from someone who has more info about the parathyroid and heavy metal detox. GIGI is full of info about heavy metals so perhaps she knows something?
Terry

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement