LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ANYONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT MOLD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANYONE THAT KNOWS ABOUT MOLD?
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatayear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been posting about all my GI issues over the last 11 months and weight loss )85 pounds)
hair falling out
severe food allergies
hives
other rashes every day
eyes burn
ringing in ears
extreme stomach pain
LPR (form of GERD) feel like im being choked 24hrs a day
SEVERE ANXIETY most days all day
depression
cold all the time
sinus issues

I know these are also lyme symptoms BUT!!! all this started when I ate MOLD and got sick with food posioning. two weeks after is when all this started. New Dr thinks im dealing with mold illness is main issue

Is it possible eating Mold can make someone so sick? I have found alot of info online about sick buildings etc but NOT eating mold causing issues like this. Please does anyone know if this is possible and best treatment options would be.

Over the last 10 months ive taken tons of stuff for lyme and cos without any reaction, i had live blood done recently and he didnt see any active lyme and felt mold was my issue as well.
Please any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Posts: 229 | From front royal, VA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one's going to see active Lyme under a live blood analysis! Who said that?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whatayear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess i assumed that, thats what looking at your blood was for. i know paul saw bart in his blood jumping out of his cells. we did see mycoplasma in my blood and my cells were stacked but that was about it.
Posts: 229 | From front royal, VA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a bout of food poisoning can really do a number on your system as can any �assault� on the body---for example a respiratory infection or surgery.

I suspect that the mold you ate is long out of your system, but the repercussions of the food poisoning is what sent your GI tract amock.

One of my kids suffered excruciating abdominal pain along with IBS following the stomach virus from hell. The virus left but the pain didn�t. She too lost weight and had numerous other symptoms. This has been going on for 2 years.

Prior to the onset of the stomach virus/abdominal pain, she was treated for lyme, and we thought that was a done deal. But her endoscopy results were + for Bb which indicated further treatment was necessary.

Many months of treatment did not help her debilitating pain much to our frustration.

Finally this past December we had a breakthrough. We saw a LLND who determined that our daughter�s IBS/severe GI pain was from SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). This is related to Lyme and IBS (google �Bell�s Palsy of the Gut�). As a result, my daughter began taking Xifaxan. Prior to that the LLND recommended taking 5HTP and Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (to increase serotonin levels which help the gut function---serotonin levels plummet when there is chronic infection according to the LLND). And we also began a gluten-free diet.

These are the three things that have helped her the most. Not one gastroenterologist suggested any of these which is hard to believe.

As far as some of your other symptoms, the hair falling out and you being cold all the time could be from thyroid issues, ringing in the ears could be from babesia, anxiety and depression could be from LD or a lack of serotonin.

Also note that one culprit of GI issues is bartonella. My daughter was clinically dx�ed with this a while ago and recently tested positive. She has previously been unable to tolerate even very low doses of rifampin. She was on bactrim for awhile which didn't do much for her, but honestly I think that her progress in treating the bartonella and lyme has been hindered by the SIBO.

Once the SIBO is treated, we will go on to treat the bart and lyme.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

thank you, i tried cipro and xifain and got worse after taking both of these. I eat gluten, dairy and sugar free.
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

oh also, thyroid and adrenals have been checked and I do not have babesia but i do have bart
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about your serotonin levels? I forget the lab that does this but it is a saliva test/urine test.

And has your LD and Bart been adequately treated?

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for information about mycotoxins in food. Animals are routinely given binders because the toxins can make them sick, weight loss being one of the symptoms.

According to Dr. S of the book "Mold Warriors", some of us don't make enough antibodies to effeciently get rid of the mycotoxins created by mold. You may want to use some binders for awhile.

You may also want to get tested for fungal antibodies to see if you have a fungal infection.

Check your environment for mold. Sometimes it can be behind walls.

Do a search here at lymenet for some really good posts about mold.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

So Terry it is possible to get "mold illness" from food? I dont make enough stomach acid aswell which would normally help kill it off. my next step is to see dr S im waiting for my new patient packet. i just found it odd when i did my clean out for my colonoscopy i found some relief then it started to come back and now its as bad as before.
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whatayear,
I'm no expert but since it is a huge problem in livestock, I imagine it can be problematic for people as well. I don't know if someone who has trouble removing mycotoxins could be this sick for so long from one exposure but Dr. S. does say that for some people, these toxins will stay in the body until they are bound and removed.

That said, I have noticed that Dr. S. does not talk about mold in food and in fact recommends corn as a major staple. Corn is relatively high in mold.

Ever heard of the Salem witch trials? It is thought that the behavior of the young girls was caused by a fungus called ergot which grows on rye and other grains. Not saying that is your problem but it is clear that fungus on food can be a problem.

A Naturopathic doctor that I saw told me to be very careful about mold in food because I have the genetics that makes it hard to ge rid of mycotoxins.

I haven't done as much research as I should on this subject but I'm very careful about ingesting mold.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

some interesting links

http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/chemsafe/mycotoxins/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17392084

http://www.fungalbionicbookseries.com/
you can look at parts of the books.

http://www.shopping-knowthecause.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FL

whatayear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15833

Thank You Terry!!!
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have bartonella, as you stated, are you being treated?

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement