LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Elbow pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elbow pain
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I woke up feeling like my elbow was smashed. The pain comes and goes, but when it comes it is extreme.
I have been taking Cipro. Is this a warning sign? It's not a muscle pain, just feels like I bashed it real hard.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elbow pain was one of my first lyme symptoms.

Comes and goes with treatment for me.

I am not sure if it is a warning sign re: cipro as I have not taken that drug. But knowing the side effects of Cipro, I would call your LLMD and check

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bashibazouks
Member # 28286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bashibazouks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually get knee pain but this past week my right elbow has been hurting the most. I'm on biaxin & doxy though.

--------------------
Currently infected with Lyme, Babesia, Ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Mycoplasma, & Q-fever.

10 months into treatment, currently on Bicillin, Rocephin, Doxy, Biaxin, and Mepron.

Posts: 87 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an ache in my elbow the past 2 days w/in an hour or two of taking Flagyl (and just started with Flagyl 2 days ago). What do you mean a warning sign?

I did not have pains in my joints prior to meds and the only pain I have had is for a short time the past 2 days. Not feeling it today though.

Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I mean that Cipro is one of the drugs that is notorious for rupturing tendons. I just want to make sure I'm not heading for a disaster, but I want to keep treating, because the drug seems to be working....
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeboy,

I'm new! In 2009 my blood work tests (wbc, rbc, and cells were bad and several tests thereafter.

Also, in 2009 I had my carpel done and mentioned to Dr. that right elbow was hurting just a bit.

He stated, oh, that would be a complex surgery if it were the ulna nerve, you don't want that!

Just went to Ortho because of excessive pain in my back and neck and right elbow. It's pain that's lodged between two bones (the funnybone).
I am on soma and vicodin. He told me to take prednisone (a no no with Lyme, I hear!). I could have nerve entrapemnt, but I believe it's Lyme.

I live with pain everyday. Achiness is one of the things I noticed along with low body temp and horrible headaches.

Ended up in ER for horrible headache and neck pain about one month ago.

Tested neg. for Lupus and MS. Recently was told I have a problem with Lyme. See, I work around horses. Never thought to tell Dr. that, my hubby is the one who reminded me of that fact.

Thur. I get detailed info about three tick bourne tests.

Good Luck
HorseHelper

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also call that tennis elbow, which is a form of tendonitis.. I had it for 2 years... when I wasn't treating with anything..

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did call it tennis elbow, but I know (believe) lyme is the culprit. I was treated with prednisone for two wks. (a no no w/lyme). Anyway, the pain is back.

Ortho did give me exercises to do and I was faithful twice a day.

Lyme magnifies everything else in the body I think.

Take Care lululymemom

--------------------

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks horsehelper, I wish I would have known that lyme was at the root of my problem.. They also wanted to inject me with a corticosteroid to help ease the pain, thankfully I declined when they told me my tendon could rupture from the steroid.

I also did exercises for those two years and it finally resolved.

Be sure to take your magnesium, it really does help!

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Lu,

I see you also were up late. I'm scared, seeing Dr. 2;30 today.

Regarding all the herbs/and vitamens, it all confuses me. Everyone's taking so much. I don't know where to start. I'm not starting anywhere because I feel like giving up today.

Sorry, I just don't feel like a positive person right now. You'd like me if you met me, got a lot of friends. Love to me positive. This has me down!

Thx. I'll keep that in mind though! I always appreciate the insight!

Blessings!!!!

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

The vitamins and supps are a real pain. It has taken me 8 months to get into some kind of routine with them. Stick with it.... This is a long haul, just stay strong, and we're here for you when your feeling down....
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Horsehelper, I was like you a year ago.. Although I've always believed in natural treatments, I never knew how much of a difference they could really make. I'm a total believer now. I've seen how they helped my daughter and I know first hand how they have helped me.

For someone who has never treated with abx, (sick for 10 to possibly 26 years) I'm doing quite well.. That's not to say that I wasn't desperately ill at points along the way..

I'm feeling good on A-Bart, magnesium, CoQ10 and Serrapeptase.. those are staples for me. Next I will add teasel..

I think it's trial and error, and reading the information that is posted here.

Feeling down can be part of the illness too, take some adrenal support like Pantothenic acid, it is amazing for giving you energy and lifting your spirits.

For me, going into a health foods store is like going into a candy shop, I can't wait to try new things.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement