LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Could this be lyme disease?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could this be lyme disease?
j100100
Member # 30277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j100100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started having really strange symptoms about 7 years ago. The most prevalent symptom was dizziness and brain fog. I was 15 back then. I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with thyphoid fever (a type of salmonella).

Strange thing is that I never once had fever or diareah during this time of diagnosis, which are the common symptoms of this type of infection. After taking oral antibiotics for a month I tested ok. Doctor thought he had eradicated my "thyphoid fever" but a month later I had a relapse. Strange thing is that he said it is extremely rare for someone to get this disease twice.

I took intravenous antibiotics for the following two weeks and felt much better. Nevertheless symptoms came back. Diziness and vertigo and brain fog again were the most common symptoms I experienced. As my brain fog and diziness continued to worse,n 2 years ago it got really bad.

I remember waking up one day with my eyes completely burning. I had really bad congestion, the weird part was that I had this chlorine smell in my nose. Its kind of like when you jump in a pool and water goes up your nose.

This was soon followed by numerous eye floaters. Then the twitching and ear ringing began. Nevertheless I continued to ignore the symptoms since all the doctors that I visited assured me that I was ok.

For the past two years though I have been experiencing extreme short term memory loss. It has become so bad it is extremely embarrassing. I always forget where I park. I cannot remember people names. I forget what I am talking about constantly. It is unbearable. Could this be lyme disease? I mean my symptoms are not as bad as the ones that I have read on this website. These are some of the current symptoms that I am experiencing:

Extremely bad memory loss.
Congestion and non stop mucus in my nose and throat which gives me bad breath and does not let me breath properly.
Countless eye floaters.
Eye burning.
Ear ringing.
Twitching all over the body.
Over sleeping at least 9 hours to function correctly.
Brain fog and vertigo.

It is strange though because some days I wont feel as bad as I do in others. I remember being bitten by a tick when i was 7. Could it be lyme disease?

Posts: 21 | From El Paso, Texas | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This was soon followed by numerous eye floaters. Then the twitching and ear ringing began. Nevertheless I continued to ignore the symptoms since all the doctors that I visited assured me that I was ok."

It pains me to read those words, because they resonate so deeply with my struggle to find a diagnosis.

I can't say for sure it is Lyme. No one here can. But, I can tell you the symptoms you listed are extremely typical of Lyme and possible co-infections.

I'll tell you what my LLMD told me today. I brought up a time when I was 14 and had an extreme fever of 104.5. I didn't even go to the hospital. I was so sick, I just laid in bed with the chills for days. I couldn't even get up to feed myself or care to eat.

I mentioned this to him with thoughts of this being the moment in my life Lyme was introduced into my body. And he said, "Could have just been a virus also. But, a virus can overload your immune system and bring to life a dormant Lyme infection."

I wish you well in your future choices. I believe you need to find a good LLMD in your area, and get evaluated as soon as possible. I think you already know what the truth likely is.

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Extremely bad memory loss.
Congestion and non stop mucus in my nose and throat which gives me bad breath and does not let me breath properly.
Countless eye floaters.
Eye burning.
Ear ringing.
Twitching all over the body.
Over sleeping at least 9 hours to function correctly.
Brain fog and vertigo."

With the exception of congestion and breadthing problems, I have experienced all of the other symptoms you mentioned since getting bit and having an EM rash on my leg.

ESPECIALLY memory problems, twitching all over body, brain fog, and over sleeping.

So, yes, I absolutely think that it could be lyme disease. I wouldn't worry about if the tick bite from age 7 could have done it. Many people get bit by ticks and don't know it. It may or may not have. The symptoms are the important thing, IMO.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of your symptoms sound like lyme, babesia, and bartonella. All of them. Find an LLMD ASAO.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rossphoto
Member # 28106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rossphoto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I cannot diagnose you, it is completely possible that you have lyme disease. I saw doctors steadily for one year before I found out I was testing positive for bands of lyme in my blood.

Increasing amounts of eye floaters, ringing in my ears, vibrating and or buzzing in my ears, twitching, tingling and burning sensations and brain fog were most of the symptoms that drove me to see a neurologist. The first two neurologists promised me I was suffering from some kind of panic or anxiety disorder. The third neurologist I saw ran numerous tests and scans to rule out everything she could think of. She called me one day and said, "all of your tests came out normal except you tested positive for 4 bands of lyme disease". I also tested positive for bartonella, a co-infection from a tick.

I have days where I wake up and feel as though my symptoms are totally manageable and possibly even disappearing, and then days and weeks where it suddenly completely comes back.

My suggestion would be to find a doctor, preferably a Lyme Literate Doctor, who can test you for lyme and its co-infections. Keep in mind that the tests arent completely accurate.

Im 23 years old and have recently been thrown into the world of lyme. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Good luck, hope you find an answer soon!

Posts: 28 | From NYC | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement