LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need some parasite advice/info... (warning - TMI here)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some parasite advice/info... (warning - TMI here)
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom just called me. She said she's been seeing something in my nephew's diaper that makes her wonder if he has parasites.

She said they are hard, tiny, white balls the size of a pin head.

When she took one out of the poop, it had a skin on it that peeled off like the skin of a pea.

One end of the ball had a little point to it.

When she squished it, everything inside was white.

She's seen these in his diaper for weeks, maybe months.

Sound familiar to anyone? Or do you know where to direct me online?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps she would like to look through the photos here to see if she recognizes anything?

http://www.lymephotos.com

I know you didn't ask about treatment, but for such a young boy...

There is a very gentle cleanse which was all my son could handle at first called Detoxosode Parasites by HVS labs... I think you have to be a practitioner to get it. I get it through our NP.

If you want some and have trouble getting it let me know. I go on Thursday and could pick up an extra bottle.

Humaworm also has a child dosage.

I hope it is not what she thinks it is, but good that she is looking! Most people would not!

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hens,

I can't direct you online, but one of the baby's parents should call the pediatrician tomorrow and report what has been observed in the stool.

The Dr will likely order "stool for Ova and Parasites".

They should get directions for collection of the stool sample....call lab if necessary.

They may be able to just take a freshly pooped diaper to the outpatient lab after the Dr calls in the order.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Heather and Dekrator,

I did have Mom look at lymephotos and she didn't recognize anything.

I should have said that nephew is 3 yrs old. He still must have diapers put on to poop, silly boy! [Smile]

I will pass on both of your posts to my brother. I'm sure their pediatrician would work with them.

This is good info - thank you!!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he breastfed? If so, it's normal to have white balls in the stool. If not, I'd definately think parasites.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

OK, just passed this info on to my brother and apparently he, wifey, daughter, and little boy ALL have had these white balls in stool for months.

Momlyme recommends Humaworm's child dose - do they need to take a binder with this?

Should I recommend Salt/C or Parastroy for parents to start out with?

I understand with Parastroy, one doesn't need to take a binder but what about Salt/C?

Sheesh, now I'm the parasite advisor? Oh my, watch out!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were me, I would want the little white balls identified by a lab, which shouldn't be a problem since you can see them.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, parasites can cause "white balls" to appear in your stool.

http://tinyurl.com/6z7x4od

http://tinyurl.com/6jcczu7

And I agree with Dekrator48. I think that your nephew's stool should be tested. And since your mom can actually see the "white balls" in your nephew's stool, a stool sample should be able to determine what type of parasite your nephew has..... of course that's assuming that the white balls are due to a parasitic infection.

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If everyone in the family has them, then they are most likely parasites. Would be a miracle if the lab identifies them.

I know people that have sent actual worms and the test comes back negative. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Parastroy would be a good start. Don't know about a dose for the chldren, but Humaworm has a childrens dose.

Good luck,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

My brother said this is what he's seen...

"these
http://www.lymephotos.com/bb/index.html
and these
http://www.lymephotos.com/bg/index.html"

Question - why would one see Babesia in their stool if it's a blood parasite. I thought it was microscopic anyway?

Neither of these are the little white balls like my mom was talking about... I'll have to ask my brother about that.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael said:

Would be a miracle if the lab identifies them.

And I agree. I scooped out things from the toilet that were actually moving and the sample was sent to Quest for O&P. Came back NEGATIVE!

A negative O&P doesn't rule out parasites/worms.

Good luck to your little nephew.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Well, you girls were right! The lab said all was negative. And the DO agreed even though she had originally said part was segmented and part looked like egg cases.

So brother and family have decided to treat on their own. They'll do humaworm (thanks Heather) since the kids can do the child dose.

Are binders necessary with humaworm? If so, can anyone recommend binders good for adults and kids? I haven't gotten to the "binders" part of my education (starts today, I guess) so if you could recommend where/when/how/what, I'll pass it on to brother.

Thank you!!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humaworm suggests doing their cleanse with the Humaworm herbs. Just to add from my own experience that taking a 90 day break was not a good idea as Humaworm suggests.

These are not your everyday parasites and take a much more aggressive approach.

You can also explore other parasite cleanses as well. They also might benefit from some small doses of salt/c. I noticed at lymestrategies that they have childrens dosing suggestions. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Thank you, Gael.

I've started salt/c with Parastroy and have seen intriguing results (notice it's evolved from disgusted).

I will pass on all your good advide to my bro.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, As usual you where right again ! After taking a short break from parasite treatment I began to relapse. Now doing Paraphyte , Olive Leaf Extract with grapefruit juice and celantro oil., along with vitamin regimin for immune systen repair.
Back on the road to recovery and showing improvement. Walking a mile everyday and medium weight training 3 times a week.
God Bless,
Thomas

Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dyna,

Keep the bowels moving too.

Biggest mistake I made in parasite treatment was biting off more than I could CHEW!

I underestimated what wormwood, black walnut, garlic could do.

And a product called Zymex (enzymes designed to ingest intestinal tapeworms when taken on empty stomach)

My body has released so much ammonia in the last months it's crazy!!

I'm slowly getting back on track.

[ 02-11-2011, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: canefan17 ]

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Glad to hear everyones updates/progress etc. I can only say that the combo of the salt/c and continuous use of Parastroy is deadly to these pathogens including the babs and bart.

Keeping the bowels moving is VERY important to get rid of the dead pathogens.

Persistence is so key. Believe me, I have had my own trepidations along the way. My intuition just told me to keep going and it is really paying off.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens - I used Chlorella as a binder. It is very safe, even for children.

King Chlorella by Allergy Research Group is in very small tablets that can be crushed to make them even smaller. Capsules can be opened and put in juice, but the chlorella tends to stick to the drinking glass.

They should take the binder about 2 hours after the Humaworm dose, and whenever they feel cruddy.

Best,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Gael says, "I can only say that the combo of the salt/c and continuous use of Parastroy is deadly to these pathogens including the babs and bart."

And Boxermom says, "They should take the binder about 2 hours after the Humaworm dose, and whenever they feel cruddy."

Now I'm wondering if what I thought was Babesia returning (because I ran out of mepron 2 weeks ago, but am still on Bactrim & Zith) is actually dieoff crud. I did add the salt/c about the same time as the cruddy feelings began.

I am getting some room spinning and major brain fog and sometimes my ear is sore on the inside (which was always a herx thing come to think of it).

Even with the Parasweep, maybe I should take chlorella?

Thanks everyone, Gael, and BoxerMom.

I'll be sure to tell my brother about the chlorella, BoxerMom. That sounds very doable for little kids, so he'll appreciate that info. Thanks.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

Well, I just choked on my own spit for the 3rd time today. I haven't had that symptom for months now. Maybe this is a babesia thing after all...

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

glm1111
Member # 16556

hens,

I do hope you are ramping up slowly on the salt/c and drinking plenty of water.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Babesia, I have so much phlegm in my throat it is just absurd.

When I'm herxing, I nearly drown in my own phlegm.

And it's difficult to cough up.

I think you should get back on the Mepron before you get worse.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Parastroy was stronger than the Humaworm. It's good stuff but I had to ramp it up slowly. It can be very strong - especially with salt/c.

It was too strong for me to combine the salt/c with it. I discontinued the salt/c. I may add it later at some point.

I agree that stopping for 3 months is not a good idea in many cases. I think it's too long to wait. You may also want to add liver support & a probiotic.

Plain water enemas can be helpful, too. (Maybe not for children but I don't know - I don't have kids.)

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Gael, I started at 1/4 tsp and 2+ weeks later I'm at 1/2 tsp. Is that slow? I'm drinking a good amount of water but I'm sure I could use more. I'll try to remember.

BoxerMom, my husband was laid off a month ago and we're still deciding what kind of insurance we want. Do we want the kind that's 2x the mortgage? Or the same as the mortgage but with a deductible that's so high you might as well hand them the mortgage? Or just catastrophic and pay everything else out of pocket? We're leaning toward the 3rd.

And it's my son too who's on mepron, so it would be mepron $ x 2. Although he's had no reaction whatsoever to 3 months of mepron, zith, bactrim. Which is good, I guess.

He's the one who is not sick but has bart hip streaks, on and off air hunger a few years back, and a few other strange things but not sick.

So anyway, I know we could never afford mepron out of pocket. And malerone is $450 a month too. Sheesh.

I'm so close to all better I can taste it. I just ordered GSE and am hoping that works.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

glm1111
Member # 16556

hens,

That's perfect the way you are doing it. If your urine is too yellow, then you should drink more water. other wise your fine. So glad to hear that you are eeling so much better.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement