LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A-BART - Whats the verdict? As effective as abx??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A-BART - Whats the verdict? As effective as abx??
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

My other topic outlines my massive problem with what seems like Bart. LLMD wants me on A-Bart, finances are very tight of course and I might be able to stretch for it.

Is it as good as abx???Has it made your abx more effective?? How do the herxes or responses feel?? I do not herx on bart meds, just very strong burning feelings and relief or irritability.

I need a miracle.

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stillwater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillwater         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too early to tell for me. Only been on A-Bart a few weeks. If you try it, take it slow. Don't do what I did and go to 15 drops BID in two weeks.

Honestly, this stuff is so new, I don't think anyone really knows if it's going to work or not.

A bottle does last a long time. Two months at full strength.

Posts: 699 | From confusion | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has been off antibiotics and on herbals Cumanda and A-bart for 6 weeks now. She is currently doing very well. We are still building up her dose VERY slowly, we are up to 1 drop twice a day now. She had a lot of skin burning/ prickling initially as a herx, but that has almost stopped now.Her energy and happiness are brilliant now, I hope it stays this way.
I have found apple pectin powder at night helps the herxes, as does Burbur as and when required.

My son is also on A-Bart but continues with antibiotics too. He is also doing well, but herxes gently as we increase his dose.

We have found the drops to be very potent. Start with a small dose and build up as you can tolerate it.

Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ticksick,

Can you tell me if your daughter relapsed quickly when off antibiotics before?? For example I relapse hard in 3 days with bart. Have you found similar??

Thanks

--------------------

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

I wish to add I just get better with bart treatments. I mean relief within 2 hours of changing back to 900mg rifampin 100mg mino like I did this morning. I would be inclined to go full dose striaght off the bat considering its the only way to truly know if it works. If I have issues I will then tone it down.

--------------------

ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticksickfamily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first time she has stepped off antibiotics and on to herbals. She had been on a variety of different antibiotics for 15 months. She did have an antibiotic break last March, but had symptoms bounce back within 2 weeks, so had to restart antibiotics then. We will keep our fingers crossed the herbals will do the trick.
Posts: 174 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticksickfamily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22786

I would not advise starting at full dose A-Bart from our experiences. They can give a huge herx.I would advise patience and starting at a low dose. If it doesn't cause a big herx then step up the dose quickly. I would not do it the other way around.

Just out of curiosity, have you been checked for Chlamydia pneumoniae too ?

amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is A-Bart, and where do you get it?
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

No but if you see my other posts I am a chronic bart poster boy [Frown]

I understand your concern but I can never tell if herbs work unless I do it this way. And I dont have bart herxes now matter what doses of drugs I throw at it. I have been doing this for 4 years now and its just how I roll [Wink] Nuke the SOB!!

amk - A-Bart is the new "in" herbal protocol from a Byron White. If you google it you will find the supplier. They ask you to ring up for a password which I find a bit suspicious that they will not disclose the price on the website!!

--------------------

Stillwater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillwater         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWF's are all about $80/bottle. It's my understanding you can only get it from a doctor, at least that's the way they are marketing it.

One bottle at full strength will last you about 2 months.

Posts: 699 | From confusion | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amk, I have a weblink that will sell it to you if you call.. They just don't advertise because it is supposed to be bought through a practioner.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Thanks Still

--------------------

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bioresourceinc.com Click on Byron White. Lots of info there. Be sure to read all. [Smile]
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NMN,
I'm on A-BART and A-lyme. no other abx.

I may not be typical but I started with A-lyme and ramped up quite quickly. I had a little h/a, fatigue but added in A Bart with no issues.

I had been doing 20drops 2x a day of both for a couple of weeks now. I'm getting low so I've dropped the dose till I can get some more. But in total I've been on BW for 2 months.

Interestingly, I had come off of 3mo of Rocephin with totally remission of my GI symtoms and one week all my IBS, motility problems came back. A-Bart hasn't seemed to touch this, so I really don't know how the BW herbs are helping me anymore.

BTW... Rifampin was my best abx. as well for my long history of Bart.

I need to put a call in to my LLMD and see what i should do.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement