LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Fry Lab Results-Substantial Amount Of Biofilms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fry Lab Results-Substantial Amount Of Biofilms
kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there everyone! Its been a rather long time

since I've been on. More or less a combination

of feeling extremly sick and sick and tired, of

being sick and tired.

My doctors office faxed my lab results from Fry

yesterday and it said that their is a

Substantial amount of Biofilms detected.

I am a bit confused on the treatment. As far as

what I have been reading, the treatment is

anticoagulant drugs. Is there a danger in taking

them? Do I need to do any (pre)testing before

starting anticoagulant drugs? Fibrin testing?

Has anyone had success with any treatment? If so

what did you take?

Any help would be so much appreciated! If anyone

is uncomfortable posting, please feel free to PM

me!

[ 02-03-2011, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Kreynolds ]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haritaki has been found to break up biofilms. It's a fruit that you take in either a powder or capsule. I took this - http://www.banyanbotanicals.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1041

An article on haritaki (terminalia chebula) - http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/004153.html

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking two Lumbrokinase tablets a day to help with biofilm busting.

I've been on it for about three weeks now and feel no ill effects.

My LLMD did not do any labs prior.

I too, am wondering if you should have some sort of clotting tests done.

I've noticed in the past week two areas of blood under the skin just below my eye.

My LLMD has not ordered any labs since I first saw him in late November.

At my primary dr. visit yesterday she was concerned that no labs have been ordered on me and is ordering some.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are these biofilms on bartonella?? What is Fry recommending for this?? He must have done some testing??

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing different as far as treatment with abx. I go to Dr. F.

What is different is: no magnisium... low arginine..... and LOW fat intake.

Finding that under the microscope that fat and mag seem to build it up stronger.... low fat seems to break it down so that the abx can get to it.

More diet changes than abx changes. No anticoaglants talked about...

We all have biofilm around these buggers.... I believe it's why we're not getting totally better (Dr.F belief too). Breaking through so that the abx will work is the trick.

He's finding that people on a VERY low fat diet are getting considerably better quickly. I am one of those patients. [Smile]

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD suggested exactly the same thing. So can you elaberate on whats in and whats out?? Dairy probiotic yogurts etc. I take alot of fish oil and olive, Is this a problem?? What about flax oil and Borage oil. Some guidance woule be great thanks. hadlyme.

--------------------

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

I feel low mag is risky with lyme knocking on the door, I already take arginine.

Also what drugs has you on and what combos work best for him??
Thanks

--------------------

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hadlyme, that's interesting about the low-fat diet recommendation. I wish more people but Dr. F would confirm this.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD has me taking 2 capsules 3X/day of Boluoke (lumbrokinase enzyme available from Researched Nutritionals). He feels that this is critical to break the biofilm and will even flush out some of the cysts. I've not been in treatment long enough to tell if it's been helpful, though I notice no side effects.

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had Fry Lab results with biofilm, my Dr. M said he spoke to Dr. F, he didn't say anything about low fat diet, I take 2 lubrokinase 2x a day for biofilm and mino..haven't oticed any bad side effects but not a lot of improvement either. He wants to add anothe ABX (prevaquil?) but i need my retinas checked first to make sure the drug won't hurt them.....that was Dr. F's suggestion to add that in for the protozoans he saw in the biofilm along with hemobartenellae.
I also take 2 omegas and coconut oil and magnesium. So what does DR. F recommend? We stop magnesium?
Is that not a good thing?

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

There is protozoans IN the biofilms now?? great!!

--------------------

kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to everyone for sharing their

experiences/suggestions!!!!

*Igor's Mom: Do you mean Plaquenil? I hear that

it is Magnesium Stearate which should be

avoided, but can be hard because many

supplements contain it.

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixgoofykids,
Did you notice any herx symptoms on Hakitari?

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really remember, but I looked back at my blog and read this that I had posted a couple days after starting it -

"The terminalia chebula made me feel HORRIBLE! Yesterday, I just rolled out of bed and put sweats on, barely did anything all day. I even had hubby go to the grocery, but I was able to cook dinner (minestrone from scratch). I started declining on Sunday, and by yesterday was having stomach pain and diarrhea. I was also terribly fatigued and weak.

Today, all is good. Took some Zeolite last night, slept in a little this morning, and even managed to work out for an hour and twenty min. this afternoon."

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six,
Uh-oh...not good news. Sounds like it really knocked you down. [Frown]

I might have to re-think Hakitari and go for something a little lighter.

Thanks for the information.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Sixgoofykids,
Did you notice any herx symptoms on Hakitari?

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Or maybe just start a little more slowly. I think it only got me down for a couple days from what I can tell.

--------------------

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. F talks about the McDougal diet and the Gladiator diet. I do not do either one. I can not do a veggie diet, I need my meat. I basically am a low fat as usual and eat right and I'm getting better. He says his people on the diet are really improving.. (but so am I)

He told me that you're starving the bacteria (they no longer have fat to feed on), and then your immune system is able to take over to handle the disease. Antibiotics helps the process go even faster.

He wants like 15-20 grams of fat a day or less.

No arginine... or good ration of lysine to arginine foods.

No mag either... but once again, I do take some every now and then. I feel getting too low and I'll suffer so I try to keep a good balance.

This is my second treatment with lyme/babs. My first treatment almost killed me with the strong IV's and all drug protocols on Dr. B's paper. (9yrs ago)

So, this time, I now have a say on what I do with my body. I started out with Biaxin/Plaq.. couldn't handle that in the intestines.

Then Zith/malerone... love that combo and feeling great... but now my company switched insurances and they will not cover malerone! Now I'm on Doxy/Plaq and just starting but my bets are my insides will not handle this combo... not sure what to do then!

Hope this helps what he's doing. He's a scientist... sometimes what he says is a bit off.. but I do respect that he's actually trying to find an answer and not just treat. He surely doesn't have all the answers yet..

Of course we have protozoa's if we have babs.. it's in your red blood cells...

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hemex.com/ tests for coagulation.

Doesn't grapefruit seed extract help with biofilm?

Any other herbs that do?

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Triphala didn't bother me.

It acts as an absorbent too - so I'm sure it stirs up toxins??

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Kreynolds yes, you are right plaquenil.
Dr. F suposedly told my Dr to take plaquenil plus mino to kill the protozoan in the biofilm.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD has me on Boluoke 2 capsules 3X/day. He says that's the only way to really get at the Lyme with abx or natural treatments. Otherwise, they say protected in their "nests" of biofilm. I have noticed no side effects or stomach upset from this enzyme. I do note that at first I had terrible bladder cramps, suggesting that I had a biofilm in the bladder.

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement