LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Symptoms at night

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Symptoms at night
tls122269
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tls122269     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know why symptoms seem to be at their worst at night. It seems that when the sun goes down all hell breaks loose at my house for my daughter. I don't get it. Anyone?
Posts: 107 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have the same problem. Can feel better in the afternoon, but then at night, esp. when it is time to go to bed, my body freaks out and does strange things...I swear it conspires to keep me from getting any sleep...LOL!

I've read that this is a peculiarity of Lyme (and possibly also tertiary Syphilis) and have seen it described in some books but only in books that talk about Homeopathic medicine for Lyme/Syphilis...

It may have to do with the natural drop in adrenal hormones after dark...the adrenal hormones help us deal with stress and keep energy levels up. But I don't know if this is what is really going on...

The homeopathic remedy I'm taking for Lyme is Aurum Arsenicum (a combination of Aurum Met. and Arsenicum Alb.), but I haven't seen much in the way of changes physically...it is helping my mind, though (mood is much improved/more stable).

I hope this helps...good luck & take care,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tls122269
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tls122269     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is on a Tindamax pulse for 10 days out of a month...this being her second month. It just seems that she is okay during the day and then bam...migraine, vomiting, nausea, she always seems to have the joint pain though...day and night.

I hate to see her suffer...it just sucks!!

Posts: 107 | From New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SashaC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SashaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems your daughter and I have a common link. Every night since I have started tindamax, I get terribly nauseous and end up vomiting.

I began taking biaxin the week before with no stomach issues, but began malarone and tindamax at the same time.

I have been trying to figure out which one has been causing me to throw up every evening.

I take it three times a day, but the last nighttime dose is the only one that seems to really make me sick.

Of course, I feel like general crap anyway from Lyme in general, but my symptoms hit me especially hard at night.

Posts: 151 | From SW US | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that Lyme bugs become more awake at night....other than that I don't know.

But I do experience this too.

So sorry....its not fun!

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, my husband calls 8 pm the "witching hour". You should have seen me last night - I truly looked possessed! I've always had far more trouble with symptoms at night.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you tried switching hours of meds? Maybe you experience a die off after few hours... try that and see if there's a difference.
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tls122269
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23200

SashaC - She is taking Zithromax/Minocycline along with the Tindamax and everything seems to agree with her other than the Tindamax. This is the second month she has taken it and she vomited the first month too, but we thought it was because she took it on an empty stomach. This time she had suck horrible migraines taking it that we think that was why she vomited.

lymeladyinNY - It's amazing she can function pretty decently during the day, but when that sun goes down everything changes. Yesterday was the last day this month for the Tindamax so hopefully things will slow down.

Shahbah - My daughter is 19 and hates the fact that she has to take all these meds and has often rebelled and refused to take them. So she isn't on any type of real schedule when it comes to taking her meds...I'm just happy that she is finally taking them.

Thanks everyone for your posts...it helps to know we aren't alone. Good luck and take care.

Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night time is when the bugs come out and play, that is for sure.

I have had days where I thought I was cured I felt so well, then I lay down close my eyes and BAM I actually feel anxious and like there are bugs crawling all over inside.

I have spent numerous hours sleeping or trying to sleep in a hot bath since this seems to settle things down.

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement