LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » need some support-relapse,rifampin question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need some support-relapse,rifampin question
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh..I have come to the sad realization I am having a relapse. Shooting foot pain, nausea, morning fever and muscle twitches, shakey and just feeling sick.. I kept thinking it was hormones...but now I know it's probably bart.

I can't tolerate bactrim anymore, which is what worked before, so I'm doing rifampin.

Anyone else take this? what and how much did you take it with. Hope to kick it quickly.

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this. One of my boys took Bactrim for a year and then rifampin for a year (with other abx for lyme and babesia)...many symptoms gone but it was still there. We saw it through EDS testing.

What finally got rid of it was 10 months of Cumanda and Samento - no abx at all with this. We think it is gone now. He had bart h., bart quintana and bart bacilliformis.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Rifampin at 150mg 2x/day and worked up to 300mg 2x/day.

It's recommended to take it on an empty stomach, which was no problem for me.

Some need food to avoid stomach upset.

If you get worse (not herxing), consider another infection.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was symptom free..stopped abx 6 months ago. Should have followed up with herbs.

What did you take witht he rifampin? I'm alternating doxy/zith 2x/day. Ugh

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on the same protocol as tick battler's son -- Bactrim and Rifampin. The symptoms come back if I try to get off either medication.

I think I'll go ahead and start taking Samento and Cumanda while I'm still taking these antibiotics to go in for the kill.

TB, could you share the dosage of those herbs your son was taking? How much does he weigh?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the core protocol my practitioner uses for an adult:

Nutramedix Samento ramp up slowly to 10 drops twice daily
Nutramdeix Cumanda- ramp up slowly to 10 drops twice daily
Nutramedix Burbur - 10 drops twice daily.
You can put these all in the same glass of water and drink it 15 minutes before
meals.

Grapefruit seed extract - Agrisept - L by Nutridiem. 10 drops twice
daily. Our practitioner claims this kills babesia and candida.

Morninstar Minerals Energy Boost 1-2 oz at breakfast and lunch.

Paracleanse for parasites.

We have also used Enula for a few months to hit Ehrlichia and mycoplasma and it hit babesia in one of my boys.

Before my family switched to this protocol, we started adding in some of these herbs with abx. Then we just switched to herbs.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, TB! That was really helpful.

Not be a pest, but are there any interactions to be worried about when taking antibiotics with any of these herbs listed above? Specifically for me -- Bactrim, Rifampin, Minocycline or Azithromycin?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

I do not know of any interactions, but I am not a doctor! You might check with your LLMD to make sure it's OK. Also, I would start slowly with adding one herb at a time to see how you do.

tickbattler

beths
Member # 18864

Tickbattler..so once the infection was knocked down, you were able to clear it with herbs?

I'm so mad at myself for not going on herbs afet I was symptom free.

Not sure if I can do another round of abx. Plus, not sure if treating bart or babs!

Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's refreshing to see some people had luck with Samento and Cumanda for bart...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement