LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What to do next? Help me with my lyme story!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do next? Help me with my lyme story!
Energyman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29178

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Energyman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed 2008, after 4,5 years.At first they said everything was psychosomatic. My symptoms began overnight and they were extreme. I could not do anything. I was totally 100% disabled and i had mainly anxiety, brain symptoms etc.

I began to use ABX in late 2008. Had a lot of reactions because of them. I felt better in some ways. I also felt a lot more weak. I had allergies and histamine reactions.

Because of yeast, i had to quit. After that, some docs told me that i don't have lyme and i believe em. I also became more and more sensitive to foods and i felt i was sensitive to parfumes, chemicals etc. - that was horrible for me.

My main symptoms are neuro lyme like.

I was off ABX since 2009. This is insane. I was on Zhang for 15 months and i'm now doing the condensed Cowden and it's helping a bit. I suddenly tolerate much higher doses of Samento because of the detox.

All in all im much more worse than before treatment. I'm sacred to start ABX again because of the intense candida. But i have to say my MD never subscribed me probiotics, he thought it wasn't needed...... [bonk]

I did: Rocephin 2,5 months, Biaxan 2,5 Months, Doxy 4 weeks and Flagly for 10 days.

When i was really bad this year i took Biaxan overnight and i felt much better the next day. In the evening i felt totally horrible.... I think it was a herx. I never feel like that, except when i'm on ABX. Totally toxic, mega flu like, very weak, burning eyes...

I travel to an LLMD very far away. He re-diagnosed me with lyme (and possibly bart due the rashes symptoms) and he wanted me to take ZHANG again, which i think is useless for me (i used it 15 months without big success) and if i feel i don't have success with that, i should get rocephin again.

I think both is not the best idea.
I didn't take mino yet.

When i was on Bixan in 2008/2009, i had to take Quensyl with it. When i took Quensyl, it gave me the most horrible reaction ever. I felt like i was going to die.

Maybe i should start ABX again but i'm scared. But the years without ABX on the herbs weren't the best. I feel much worse on ABX but sometimes i feel better. Maybe i need a longer treatment and a treatment for the coinfections?

I also lost a lot of weight since i started the ABX. When i was of the ABX i was losing even more weight/muscels. I'm very skinny now. So many things scare me to take the abx but i don't think anything else really heals lyme.

After all i'm still scared that i don't have lyme and that i ruin myself with abx. I know it sounds silly, mabye i'm just impaired by all the doctors...

Posts: 159 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Germany you can get Roxithromycin. Possibly the best antibiotic for Lyme as it penetrates the BBB far better than any other antibiotic.

Oh, and probiotics are a MUST.

Have you tried it?

I understand your concerns about Candida. Have you had some rounds of Diflucan?

It's not too surprising to be that 6 months of antibiotics made you feel worse. It took me many months of antibiotics to actually feel much better when I take them (most of the time).

If your open to the idea, you might want to try a good quality Colloidal Silver at first. It was amazingly effective for me against Lyme, and gets rid of Candida as well without the side effects of pharmaceuticals. I had to start off with micro doses of it to limit herxing.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may also have coinfections such as babesia that are not touched by the meds you have been using.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were taking high dose abx and no probiotics, of course you had issues with candida. I don't understand how some doctors aren't able to see this.

If you're happy with your life and symptoms the way they are now then you don't have to start treatment again.

But if you want to get better, you owe it to yourself to start back up on a treatment plan that includes antibiotics, probiotics, supplements, etc. Does your LLMD follow the Burrascano protocol?

Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 5vforest:
If you were taking high dose abx and no probiotics, of course you had issues with candida. I don't understand how some doctors aren't able to see this.

Sensitivity to perfumes and chemicals is an indication of Candida for sure. For me, candida has been harder to clear than the Lyme.

Do consider coinfections such as babesia or bartonella. (as lou said)

Excellent probiotics:

VSL#3
http://www.vsl3.com/order.asp

Theralac
www.theralac.com

Whatever you take, take at least 100 CFU's per day. Wish someone had told me that 10 yrs ago!

Candida diet and elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-albicans-symptoms.html

DIET, DIET, DIET is the key. Then, be sure to follow the 5 step plan outlined below. It was developed by my naturopath. It works.

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 4 yrs of abx and not much improvement, I started antiparasitic herbs and salt/c. I found out that parasites/worms played a MAJOR part in Lyme disease.

These protocols saved my life and put me on to the road of recovery. Do a search on here for parasites for more info.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HorseHelper
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HorseHelper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme,

I thank you for the info shared here.

My question is this; is one to ingest every one of them, or pick a few?

Just curious. There's so much. [bonk] [confused]

--------------------
I'm glad to know I'm not alone
Some peace of mind I somehow find
Through folks like you with Lyme!

Posts: 240 | From An infected state | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HorseHelper:

I thank you for the info shared here.

My question is this; is one to ingest every one of them, or pick a few?

pick a few .. one or two

e.g. means "for example"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energyman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energyman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, thank you a lot for the infos!!!

So i should keep an eye on: parasite treatment, babesia & barts...

i'm a bit better now with the candida, since i found that coconut oil works for me and i found a probiotic that works now. i also do the diet as much as i can do it but it's sometimes not possible due the histamine problems. those are gettinge better on the cowden protocol!!!

i don't wan't to live like that for the rest of my life. i feel like it's only getting more worse if i don't do anything. i feel that it slowly digs deeper into the body. i feel like crap since 2004. i only felt good when i was drunk, or on painkillers. i'm very sick.

i know an LLMD which is great and treats after the guidelines of burrascano. i think he's the doctor for me, i trust him. i was at his office one year ago and he wanted to put me on ABX but at that time i was so wasted from the candida/gut problems and believing in the doctors which told me that i don't have lyme.... crap! they are 100% wrong.

the main problem during ABX were that i kinda herxed really badly and i had terrible terrible night sweats which i haven't had before. in reality i barely sweat.

interesting stuff with the roxy.

what do you think.
is iv treatment better as oral?

Posts: 159 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement