LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tooth decay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tooth decay
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I went to the dentist I had 4 cavaties, including two very large ones. It seems like my teeth are rotting. My gums are not that great either.

Today one of my teeth just broke off! I have an appointment tomorrow to fix it. What can be causing this? I don't want to end up a toothless old lady with dementia!

Can Merpong/zithro affect my teeth? Co Q10 is very good for the gums but cannot be taken with Mepron. Is the mepron blocking the coq10 in my body and this is affecting my gum health.

Have any of you had this problem and found a way to control it?
Thanks

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemon water?

The acid can eat away at enamel. We use a straw now.

I went to a biological dentist who took a swab of my saliva and showed me the bacteria (yuck)

Do a search for dental bacteria online...

My dentist recommended I use PerioScript with a water pik. Here is a link to this product. I got mine from my dentist.

http://www.bioprodental.com/PerioScript.html

I started doing oil pulling. This has pulled things to the surface for me... literally. When I first started oil pulling it caused internal mouth sores which cleared in a few days.
http://www.oilpulling.com

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landerss
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for landerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try taking 5-10mg/day of vitamin K2 - since I've been doing that for the last 1.5 years my teeth and gums have been so much better & stronger (no cavities!). Just a thought...

--------------------
Increasingly ill over past 10 yrs; treating since October '08.

Posts: 180 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime any of us are on so many abx drugs, we're altering our 'good' bacteria in our mouths. This allows the 'bad' bacteria to be more prevalent.

If it's not one thing, it's another with our disease. We especially, on all the abx... need to really keep on top of flossing, brushing, rinsing... and exams to not let things get too bad.
It's not always our 'fault' but we're just going to be disposed to get more cavities.... [confused]

Sonic type toothbrushes are very good to get things clean and keep the gum's massaged. If you don't like flossing, Sonic tbrush's are the best.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've long wondered if tooth decay is a Lyme or co-infection issue. I have struggled with cavities for about 15 years and have been treating Lyme for one year.

None of my other siblings have near the dental issues I have, so it isn't a diet problem. And I have always had good hygiene so that isn't the problem.

I think that the infections can attack your teeth. They attack every single other thing, why would the teeth be excluded?

I have way too many filling to count and 3 root canals- needed the 4th but just had it pulled. I have spent more than 100 hours in a dentist chair....it sucks!!

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try brushing with Ipsab Tooth Powder.

This is relatively inexpensive and helps both my gums and my teeth tremendously. It contains baking soda and sea salt in the correct proportions. It comes in peppermint and cinnamon and takes a little getting used to (if you currently use regular toothpaste), but it is so worth it. You can buy it on Amazon.

Like I said, it takes some getting used to...brushing with a powder instead of a paste...but it definitely decreases that buildup on my teeth that was dissolving my gums. I just started using this again myself, and it IS helping.

Here is my post (with PICS) of what Lyme did to my teeth and gums...

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/103642?

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the suggestions. I use an electric toothbrush. I don't know if that is the same thing as a sonic one. I will have to look that up.

I will research the other suggestions too. K2 I have not heard of either.

The problems with using baking soda is it ruins an electric toothbrush and they seem to keep my teeth and gums the healthiest.

I just got back from the dentist and he fixed the tooth. It was just broken off. So strange. I was eating something and felt a crunch which was my broken tooth.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my i was going to post the same thing last week, and I did post about root canals...i feel like my teeth are getting really week.......i have one broken that i just left, one broke off last week and i did go get a root canal......which i dont know is the right thing (my LLMD said yesterday not the best thing to do but since i have already done it we will see)...I have another i feel is going the same way........i too dont want to be a toothless at 38........

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, my teeth are rotting out of my head. I think part of it is the vitamin deficiency we get with the Lyme. I definitely think it is related to the Lyme Disease or co-infections though, definitely!

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best priced Sonic type toothbrush is made by Waterpik...called Sensonic it's about $64.

Another one is the Sonicare by Phillips.. which is more costly.

Both will do the same vibrational type of cleaning.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I ordered K2 yesterday and I will look up the Sonic toothbrush by Waterpik right now.

My fingernails are also extremely thin and fragile. I have to keep them really short or they break off into the quick. Must be the infections

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement