LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone not respond to treatment at all until treating Bart?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone not respond to treatment at all until treating Bart?
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious to see if anyone here did not improve until treating Bartonella
Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nybasketball212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 306 | From NY | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the best improvement since treating Bart. there are days that I feel almost normal. I can still feel the lyme (and who knows what else) but treating Bart has been the biggest step so far.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got treated for lyme first. I saw plenty of improvement. Then, I treated bart and then bart and babs togeether.

It worked for me.

My friends start out on lyme treatment and then treat lyme and babs. That seems to be pretty standard based on all the reports I have gotten from lyme patients.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you know, hoops, I have treated all three and I am still very ill...two LLMDs, two different IV meds and numerous orals later!

"Hope that it works for you though!

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nybasketball212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28309

anyone else?
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DR (same as TF) actually started me out on 1 month of mepron, then several months of rifampin, as he felt bart was my biggest problem
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihavelyme
Member # 30170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihavelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am treating bart at the same time as lyme. After fairly large doses of rifimpin, doxy, flagyl, and plaquenil, (Dr. B's dosing) I am starting to feel closer to the o;d me.

Hate taking all the meds. they are very hard on the liver so I do tons of detox and NAC.

Sometimes it is two steps forward and one step back with bart...but the general trajectory is moving forward.

I follow the anti-yeast diet and eat several small meals per day.

I try to do moderate excercise/weights/cycling etc 4 times per week though sometimes it is less.

Honestly, I have had the most improvement when aggressively treating bart. My LLMD follows barrascano's guidelines for meds, dosing, and herbal support. Like I said, the meds and herx's definitely take a toll on the body (and mental health)but recovering my health is worth the price.

The journey is long and it can only be taken one step at a time. Best of luck to you.

--------------------
lyme, bart, myco, EBV, yada, yada, yada...

Posts: 40 | From nc | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much...did not see any cognitive improvement until I went on Rifampin, nor any improvement in fatigue. This is after treating for six years. I've made the most progress ever treating Bart.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaOD20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnnaOD20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got diagnosed w/ lyme and bart at the same time and have been treating both since the Jan 1, 2011. I have taken Rifampin since day 1 and in the beginning took doxy and flagyl. I am now on Rifampin, Flagyl and Ceftin. I had an appt yesterday and my Bart number showed that it is now stabilized. I am continuing on these drugs at least until my next appt in 6 weeks.
Posts: 376 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter did not see any improvement in cognitive function until she started treating for bart.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmsfnc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmsfnc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, my LLMD only thought I had Lyme based on clinical symptoms. Treated with 6 months doxy and 3 months of Flagyl pulse in the middle. Relapsed in 6 weeks with original symptoms of head/neck pressure and anxiety. Started with zith and Flagyl pulse again. Stopped the Flagyl b/c it brought on the head and neck pressure so I felt it was a reaction to the flagyl. Anxiety and foggy feeling have disappeared with just the zith and it's been 3 weeks so far. Not sure where I will go with any more Lyme treatment if necessary.
Posts: 239 | From NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement