LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » please comment on my son's results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please comment on my son's results
tiredmom21
Member # 28479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiredmom21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had my 2.5 year old tested even though he is not really showing any symptoms just because I am a neurotic mommy who doesn't really know how long she has had Lyme.

I did nurse him for 2 years prior to knowing what I had so I had a constant worry.

His Igenex results were IGM WB Negative with no bands positive.

IGG WB positive with 30++, 39+, 41+++, 58+

We are in TX and my LLMD does not treat kids, so I am sort on my own here. With no symptoms (that I am aware of) at this time what you you guys do?

I am freaking out.

Thank you.

Posts: 47 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks to be lyme-positive on specific lyme bands. Given that he is asymptomatic, I would seek out Dr. J.'s advice. I'm hoping he will take calls or get info to you. Maybe TinCup can help you get to him.

PS, by any chance is there an LLMD in Texas? Can you PM me if there is?

[ 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: nspiker ]

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiredmom21
Member # 28479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiredmom21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware of a LLMD in Texas. I am seeing one in Louisiana.

Thanks for your input. Does anyone know if Dr. J take phone consults?

Posts: 47 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most LLMD's seem to be willing to have phone consults with your local doctor, but considering Dr. J is already in trouble for treating over the phone, I doubt he'd do a phone consult with a patient directly unless he's already physically examined the patient. Just a guess based on my own LLMD.

My LLMD was of the opinion that if there are no symptoms, you don't treat. BUT, are you SURE there are NO symptoms?

My daughter had headaches and some minor knee and elbow pain. That's all. We treated her for only 5 months and all symptoms cleared. We treated her 3 more months, so 8 months total, and almost 3 years later, she's still well. It was worth treating her, and it was easy to treat her since the disease didn't become well-established.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suggest calling Dr. J's office. I have heard the philosophy is not to treat unless there are symptoms.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our ILADS doctor is for treating even with no symptoms and I'm glad we did. My oldest and healthy child suprisingly tested positive for Lyme. He had some IGeneX bands. We decided to treat not knowing when the buggers would come barreling out. We didn't want it to be his first year in college when he got run down.
Now he has had improvement in things we thought were normal. His jaw and hip no longer ache, his lymph nodes that were swollen for 9 years are gone and has an honors student he says he is focusing better.
My sister will have her 5 year old tested this month and will pursue treatment for him if his IGeneX labs show positive bands.
With my youngest, he got sicker with every viral thing that came along until the point of being bedridden.
I wish you the best.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiredmom21
Member # 28479

Thank you all for you comments. Would you mind PM'ing me with more details about what sort of treatment you did for your kiddos? I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'm walking into.
Thanks

gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No LLMD in Texas. Louisiana is the closest one to you.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hides1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hides1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he has positive bands then he has it. Why wait for him to have symptoms? I wish I knew that upfront with my kids I would haev treated early and quickly --I delayed treatment for my kids and they have been with Dr. J for years now. Theya re doign well but my advice is to catch it early and treat it early- therefore nothing will come oout alter on and his immune system will stay strong and the spriochetes won't get into the organs perhaps cuasing damage for later on......
Posts: 238 | From Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hides1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hides1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he has positive bands then he has it. Why wait for him to have symptoms? I wish I knew that upfront with my kids I would haev treated early and quickly --I delayed treatment for my kids and they have been with Dr. J for years now. Theya re doign well but my advice is to catch it early and treat it early- therefore nothing will come oout alter on and his immune system will stay strong and the spriochetes won't get into the organs perhaps cuasing damage for later on......
Posts: 238 | From Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiredmom21
Member # 28479

Okay, I can see that the group generally votes to treat, but what is the treatment for a 2 1/2 year old???

My LLMD does not see kids and his pedi just called in a 21 day course of amoxicillin I believe she said.

I know for me personally since I have been on orals for months and now on month #2 IV that 21 days is not sufficient.

I've read some LLMD's feel it is worse to treat insufficiently that to not treat at all so I am tempted to wait until I can find a LLMD who will treat him.

I guess I need to post in find a doctor.
Thanks.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gwb:
No LLMD in Texas. Louisiana is the closest one to you.

-
That depends upon where in TX she is.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement