LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Do you have Interstitial Cystitis?? There's help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you have Interstitial Cystitis?? There's help.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trying to locate the right aloe vera product that a friend of mine used to "cure" her IC. This was many years ago and I THINK I found the right one.

This is it:

https://www.desertharvest.com/shop/index.php?crn=205&rn=384&action=show_detail

I'm going to try it for my acid reflux. I can't take liquid aloe vera because it always contains citric acid.

I thought I would share this here for those suffering from bladder pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if it just cured her pain or the frequency as well?

My pain seems to be very well controlled with dietary changes, but I pee more than I'd prefer.

I'd love to change that.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it helped both.** She had suffered for years and taken and done everything the doctors told her to do/take.

It was just this one kind of aloe vera that worked. She had tried others before. That's why I went looking for it! I know it was freeze-dried like this one.

And then I saw all the comments of IC sufferers and how it helped them.

**( USUALLY, if the pain is down, the frequency is also )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have actually heard of this but never tried it. I have been having terrible acid reflux problems.

I might get some to try. Thanks!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Lymetoo! Thank you for posting this.
Another product that might interest you and others is the powder in bulk, strongly concentrated, also without chemicals or other additives.

MPS Gold Aloe Vera http://www.0disease.com/0dietary.html

PS I have not reviewed the literature on the link above and am not saying that I agree or disagree. I am recommending the product. For a similar price, you might get more than the capsules.

But it's personal preference. Some may like the convenience of the capsules.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Kidsgotlyme
Aloe can indeed be helpful with acid reflux.

Then again, sometimes it can aggravate it. It all depends on body chemistry/how much bile flow you have coming from the liver. Aloe is a mildly bitter herb and because of that, will stimulate a small amount of bile from teh liver. If so then it will increase acid reflux.

Again it also helps many people. It is worth a try. I am just cautioning you to be watchful, that's all.

For acid reflux:

Watch food allergies, they can cause it
consider the possibility of an enzyme supplement

Chew your food thoroughly, liquify it in your mouth

Marshmallow root can help, soothes digestive tract lining

Take marshmallow root an hour or two apart from medications, or it could possibly interfere with absorption.

You can read more here: www.healthy.net see the Herbal Medicine Center or enter GERD into the search box.

The above information has not been evaluated by the FDA and does not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If you have any health concerns, talk with your doctor. I am not a doctor.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement