LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tapeworm Herbal Treatment (GSE, Zymex)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tapeworm Herbal Treatment (GSE, Zymex)
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eHow recommends using GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) as the choice herbal treatment for tapeworms, suggesting:

"Grapefruit seed extract alkalizes the blood and body fluid. Parasites, such as tapeworms, need a fairly acidic environment to support themselves in the intestine. Raising the pH (which makes the environment more basic) makes the environment inhospitable to tapeworms and they expire."

So, I don't quite understand this from my personal problems. First, I don't know if I even have a tapeworm. But, a question comes to mind.

What about those of us who suffer from indigestion and acid reflux, exacerbating this condition by using GSE?

Wouldn't that suggest our pH is already too high if we suffer from acid reflux, making it inhospitable for tapeworms?

Read more: Tapeworm Herbal Treatment | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5682134_tapeworm-herbal-treatment.html#ixzz1Fi2RD9Jc

[ 03-05-2011, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Wolfed Out ]

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's entirely possible that GSE could aggravate pre-existing acid reflux, or the tendency toward it.

I would suggest looking into other alternatives if this is your concern. Or you could try it (gently, slowly) to see how you respond to it.

After all, the proof is in the pudding. It's all a matter of how we actually respond, not just what's on paper or in the intellect.

Be sure your doctor is monitoring you and is aware of your taking any herbs or supplements. They can change the diagnostic picture for your doc, and a few may interact with medications. It's very important to let your doctor know.

Also some die-off symptoms may be harsh, but also other symptoms cab be silent. That's where a doctor's oversight is really important.

This holds true for medications, herbs and supplements all alike.

Take good care of yourself and be well!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best treatment for tapeworms is...

Zymex II (dig enzyme created to digest tapeworms in the gut, when taken on empty stomach)

You take 2 caps morning, 1 cap afternoon, 2 cap evening. Do this for 8 days

Take 1 week off and repeat again.

You're looking for the head of the tapeworm in the toilet - that will mean you got it all.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, canefan, you've got my attention!

Do you mean SP's Zymex II?

And I'm guessing you know this from experience?

You sure it wasn't something else you did that got rid of the tapeworm?

Did someone suggest you do this? (doctor, LN friend?)

I'm ordering this on Monday morning!!

Any other juicy tidbits you want to share before I put in my order?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I've taken it

I had to take a break because as the product digests the tapeworms (and other small parasites in GUT (gut only) ) they will release ammonia! And lots of it.

Standard Process originally designed the Zymex II formula FOR tapeworms.

But the FDA forced them to change the name of product and description.

So they labeled it a "digestive enzyme" and called it Zymex II

Their Zymex I is their designed digestive enzyme taken WITH food.

*Better have Ornithine on hand

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
I had to take a break because as the product digests the tapeworms (and other small parasites in GUT (gut only) ) they will release ammonia! And lots of it.

*Better have Ornithine on hand

Would released ammonia cause a feeling of being blown up like a balloon, full of gas, burping and farting? (Not like I'm speaking about myself of course. [Wink] ) Or would it be more like brain fog?

Please remind me again about the Ornithine... how/when to take it? I think I do have some here. I'll go look.

Big thanks to you, Cane!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's good to have another option in the thread so thanks Cane! However, I'm still confused.

I thought having a high pH is why I have acid reflux. And, that would suggest the environment is already not hospitable to tapeworms. Am I wrong?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is going to sound counterintuitive, but you can have high (alkaline) pH and have acid reflux.

The stomach requires B vitamins and intrinsic factor to make acid. We are often deficient. When we have low acid, we can't digest proteins, and often have reflux and indigestion.

Minerals are alkalizing. Antibiotics are alkalizing to the gut, though they may create a more acidic environment in the tissues (I don't know).

Also, tapeworms are in the intestines, which can be a different ph than the stomach.

Look up hydrochloric acid challenge test. You can challenge with something acidic, like the HCl, or something basic, like Baking Soda.

This will give you information on the stomach pH.

I have a very alkaline stomach, moreso when I'm on high dose abx. I take HCl with my protein meals. It makes a HUGE difference in controlling reflux and improving overall protein digestion.

I also think my pancreas is infected, and I don't make good digestive enzymes. I prefer plant-based enzymes, like Bromelain/Papain, but you can supplement with Pancreatin/Pepsin, too. There are many digestive enzyme supplements.

I have taken plenty of GSE, and I have never passed tapeworm segments on it. I have passed tapeworm segments on Humaworm and the Hulda Clark parasite herbs.

I haven't tried Zymex II. Thanks, Canefan!

Good luck, WO.

[ 03-05-2011, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: BoxerMom ]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

17hens,

You will know you are expelling ammonia because you will REEK.

Your urine will have a very distinct, strong smell.
Your body odor will be noticeable.

Trust me - you will know

Guys keep in mind treating parasites ain't easy.

I don't want to discourage anyone from going after tapeworms - but know what you're getting into it.

I underestimated the effects from die off parasites/tapeworms and it completely shut down my gut for 2-3 months.

I think Parastroy (gael's recommendation) is good because it has a sweeping formula designed to force bowel movements and get the junk out.

If you go on Zymex II - keep an eye on bowel movements and make sure you are having them regularly.

Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Cane,

Are you saying you used Parastory and it shut down your gut for 2-3 months, or Zymex II?

What does shut down your gut mean?

Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

BM,

I performed the acid test using baking soda that Heather recommended in this thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/104427?#000004

Before I even removed the cup from my mouth, I had a little burp. Then about 60-90 seconds later I let out two or three more small burps.

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you're probably too alkaline. It sounds like you're on top of that.

Have you tried the HCl?

There is a difference between gut and tissue pH. The stomach should be slightly acidic for digestion and protection (the acid kills many pathogens).

The blood is buffered to remain in a narrow pH range. The parathyroid gland controls mineral absorption and release from bones to buffer the blood.

Tissue pH can be changed with diet. Alkaline tissues are better for overall health, and are maintained by eating fruits and vegetables and taking minerals. The lemon water we drink is a great tissue alkalizer.

I don't think the GSE would do much for tapeworms. I'm sure they've adapted to various gut pH ranges. You have to kill the b**tards.

Do you think you have parasites? It's pretty easy to do a challenge. If you take the right antiparasitic herbs or meds, your gut will respond to the die-off. You may pass visible parasites.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Zymex II and Kroeger's wormwood combo "shut" down my gut.

Simply because they were doing too good a job. Lot of die off.

Shut down gut for me meant complete constipation, left-side pain, liver inflammation and occasional sharp pain, bloating, undigested food, etc

I think the die off was too much for my body to excrete and over the months it backed up my liver.

I spent 2 months smelling terrible until i figured out it was ammonia. That's a long time to go putting stress on liver with die off debris.

17hens
Member # 23747

Uh, OK. Glad I'm reading this...

I'm on Parastroy and loving it (meaning seeing results and feeling good, not bad).

Maybe I'll just be happy with that and not go for the Zymex. A shut down gut sounds awful!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

17hens - I did fine on just Humaworm. I was constipated for the first few days. I took extra Vitamin C and Magnesium to keep my bowel moving.

I agree you can overdo it.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement