LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » any minocycline uses; how long before dizzys wear off?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any minocycline uses; how long before dizzys wear off?
lifewithlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too tired to do a search right now...and so dizzy. Does it go away?
Thanks,
Sarah

Posts: 588 | From Wallingford, CT USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What dosage?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did not wear off for me - and I was not even at the full dosage.

I had to stop due and change meds.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty rough stuff!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wears off in a week or so. Have been on it for almost two years, and doing fine.
Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes I heard a week or ten days, but I couldnt tolerate it at ALL.

There is a med that can be rx'd with it called meclizine. It helps with the diziness.. You can also find it with the motion sickness remedies in the pharmacy.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just took my first dose today at 100 mg and OMG, the dizziness is bad!

It's scary. Why does it make you dizzy?? Should I be worried??

Thanks

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes me dizzy also and couldn't work up again to full dose. Had to switch meds because of it. Did you start at 50mg 2x day? Good luck and I hope your dizziness fades quickly.

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dose should be increased very slowly, about 50mg at a time, over a couple weeks.

First day: 50mg

7th day: 50mg

14th day: 50mg

21st day: 50mg

Total by 21 days would be 200mg.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mino is the toughest drug I've taken yet. I can't get past 50mg per day, I get so ill.
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't tolerate it the first time or two that I tried it. Eventually I found out that supposedly if you ramp up from 50 mg a day to the full dose, it can be possible to avoid the dizziness, so I did this over the course of a week or so, and while I did feel a small amount of dizziness at first, the full dose didn't seem to cause any after that first week or so. Maybe there was something else different about my body that time, though, these times of trying the drug were separated by a couple of years.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

I just took a 100mg the first day! No wonder. And I took another 100mg today with an empty stomach, again totally dizzy and heart beat went up.

So I will ramp up slowly and should I do it with food? The label says to take it on an empty stomach?

Maria and others.. how long did you have to take it?

Thank you (:

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement