LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ParaGone vs Parastroy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ParaGone vs Parastroy
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find any reviews from people taking Parastroy online, but I'm finding plenty about ParaGone -- and mostly good ones at that.

I was ready to purchase Parastroy before I noticed this and now I'm more persuaded to get ParaGone. Can anyone tell me why one is better than the other?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started Paragone about 1 week ago
(I rotate anti-parasitics)

I've done:

Humaworm
Kroeger's Wormwood combo
Paragone
Low dose salt/c

Wormwood combo (strongest)
Humaworm (broad - most systemic)
Paragone (weak - helps gut/bowels)
Salt/C (rumblin & grumblin & crawling sensations)

Parastroy is my next anti-p to try
Gael recommends it

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have done Paragone in the past and the others canefan has mentioned. I find Parastroy to be the strongest. The combo of the salt/c and Parstroy seems to be deadly to all the pathogens incl bart and babs.

It takes time and persistence and even when I had my doubts, the end result is amazing. PERSISTENCE is key.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael -- I posted some info about the use of boron as adjunct to any parasite cleanse. I'm curious about your thoughts on using it.

How long do you think you should use parastroy for it to be effective if you are infected ?

If not infected, what is your recommendation for maintenance ?

Thanks in advance [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glm1111:
The combo of the salt/c and Parstroy seems to be deadly to all the pathogens incl bart and babs.

Gael, could you explain HOW the salt/c and Parastroy are deadly to Bart? How can you tell... bart symptoms disappearing I suppose, but could you say which ones? Just curious...

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bob,

Yes I saw the interesting article on Boron that you posted and if fact googled foods rich in Boron and also health benefits.

I am no authority on Boron by any means, but from what I gathered it is a vital element that helps boost calcium and magnesium.

Don't know the relationship in getting rid of parasites. I eat a lot of the foods on the list of Boron enriched foods and prefer that as opposed to a supplement.

As far as the length of time to use Parastroy let me just say that I have been using antiparasitic herbs since 2005. I took a break from them when i started the salt/c.

When I went back on the different ones such as Humaworm, Hulda Clark etc, I noticed that the Parastroy seemed to be the strongest.

I am not an authority on this either. It is just my own experience and inner voice that kept saying stay on these herbs.

I know it sounds corny, but that's what I go by and also how it is killing these infections along with the salt/c.

It just makes sense to me to stay on them until symptom free, like you would an abx. Hope this is somewhat clear. Hope you are doing well,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

hens,

I am just going by my symptoms lessening and how I am healing. For me I had lesions and they are drying up.

Never had lesions in all the yrs (30+) I had Lyme. they appeared back in 2005. I was deathly ill. When I started the herbs and salt/c they started drying up and the parasites were pouring out of me. Hope this helps clarify some.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, wait, wait!!! Clarify? But you know me, Gael, now I have 100 questions!! [Smile]

You had lesions, Gael? Like the Bartonella hip streak lesions? Or something else?

I'm asking for more specifics here because both my kids have had those hip streak lesions for 5+ years and they would give anything for them to go away.

They have lots of other Bart rashes too and have had no fading or healing in all of their treatment.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens,

I did the salt/C protocol for too long--almost a year and it did absolutely nothing for my bartonella infection. The only thing that got rid of my bart was the bionic 880 infrared light.

I have done parasite cleanses but not the parastroy or paragon--I avoid the wormwood if possible.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

hens,

you are so funny. Okay, lesions, like scab like lesions. I have had bart streaks also and tested pos for bartonella henslea.

I have had other rashes come out on my stomach and one come out from under my breasts which is almost gone. have your kids had any type of antiparasitic tx?

Just want to also mention that sixgoofykids mentioned she thought that Humaworm got rid of her bart as well.

Some of these herbs are also antiviral and antibacterial as well. Maybe your kids would also benefit from salt/c which is very powerful also.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

hiker,

Just curious as to how much salt/c you did and did you do it consistently?

BTW, Wormwood is probably one of the most important herb to use in getting rid of parasites along with black walnut hull and cloves. Why would you avoid it?

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Just to add that the other antiparasitic herbs such as Humaworm, Hanna Kroeger, Paragone are also effective and rotating them is good as well because they all have a different variation of other herbs that the others don't have.

To succeed on either salt/c or these herbs you have to stay on them like you would an abx.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

17hens
Member # 23747

My son is doing Parastroy with me but I'm waiting until my daughter's liver can detox better.

Shouldn't be too long now, maybe another month or more.

I have no idea if my son is getting results. I'm assuming he is. He doesn't look and he doesn't say anything to me.

He just diligently takes his pills because his crazy mother asks him to.

I don't know how to do salt/c with kids that are in school all day, often not home until 6pm.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

Wolfed Out,

Do I sabatoge all your threads or just 99.9% of them?

Sorry, I'll try to control myself. If only you would stop asking good questions...

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank Gael!

I'm trying this approach, as well. The Paragone doesn't have Betaine Hydrochloride. Gael mentioned to me in the past that this can dissolve parasites.

They both seem good but I'm going to stick with the Parastroy for now. I found that combining the Parastroy with salt/C was too much for me. Maybe when I get through this further I'll be able to add it...?

Parastroy is strong stuff, too. I had to ramp it up to full dose over the course of a month. Sometimes I have to stop for a few days due to feeling too toxic. I take clay, charcoal, psylium, etc. to try to absorb the toxins.

Something is definitely happening. I don't think I would feel this ill if it weren't killing anything.

I also just read that pommegrante juice can kill parasites.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

hens,

If they are in school all day, they could take some sea salt with them and put it on their food.

Bottled water for them to drink with it would be good and they could then drink some C in the evening.

Or, they could put some sea salt in the bottled water and drink it that way. Starting with very low doses. I guess I should have asked how old your kids are? .

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sorry, I'll try to control myself. If only you would stop asking good questions..."

I guess you can't help it if you're attracted to me...or my threads. [kiss]

I'm just glad I got all this debate going by just typing a few sentences. Thank you all!

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a side note - I'm starting to think that the cascara sagrada in the Parastroy is too much for me. You aren't really supposed to take it for months & months.

Found this about cascara sagrada -

Short term side effects of Cascara Sagrada bark, safety
There does not appear to be a significant short term cascara sagrada side effect as long as it is not used for more than a week or two at a time.

It is best to avoid cascara sagrada bark supplement if you have a chronic intestinal condition such as ulcerative colitis, or diverticular disease.

Long term cascara sagrada side effects, risks, toxicity
When cascara sagrada or other anthraquinone containing plants are used for prolonged periods, potentially serious side effects can occur.

These cascara sagrada side effects may include cramping in the abdomen and loss of body fluids. Dark pigmentation in the colon can occur and this is called melanosis coli.

We suggest you not take this product more than once or twice a week if you plan to use for many months or years.

----

Anyone have any comments? Is there enough cascara sagrada in a couple of caps of Parastroy to have a significant effect?

I've been ill with intestinal stuff the past few days. It's not normal for me.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle, (your mailbox is full)

Parastroy has such a small amount I'm not sure it will harm.

Dr Schulze has touched up on this very debate for years and years and there are literally people who take it daily by the grams! and do ok.

I was a little iffy on it too at first
But i used it for 2-3 weeks recently (@ 5grams/day) and now I've stopped. it really helped to get my colon moving.

Again - I think parastroy has 50mg in each serving.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Paragone after a course of Candigone.

Herxed really bad from the Paragone - worse then from the Candigone.

I had to build up very slowly on the Paragone as it was very strong IME.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks, canefan. I deleted some. Should be ok now.

Glad it worked for you.

Yes, I thought, proportionately, there was probably not a large amount of cascara sagrada in the Parastroy. Something is irritating my intestines & colon judging from how I'm feeling.

I usually don't have a big problem with digestion & elimination. It might be some other ingredient? I do know I'm kind of sensitive to cascara so that's why I'm suspecting it may be that herb rather than any parasite stuff. Seems the "side effects" corroborate with my symptoms.

I really wanted to do a 6 month run with it. I'll lay off for a few days & see what happens. Some aloe vera may be in order. I don't have any here at the moment. I'm going to try some slippery elm.

desertwind - seems like it may be an issue for you. You may want to continue when you feel up to it.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Another thought is that it might be parasite toxins from the die off... It's really hard to tell. When I dowsed it, it said the herbs were OK. It said "yes" to parasite toxins.

Anyone have this kind of thing happen from parasite cleasning? I know some parasite toxins are pretty extreme.

glm1111
Member # 16556

sparkle,

I personaly feel for me my digestive issues are from the parasites dying and causing a herx type reaction.

Most parasites are hibernating in the small intestine and can cause a lot of disturbance when they are attacked.

I have literally felt them running up under my shoulder blade and pulling my stomach up with them. They are being poisoned and trying to get away.

This happened way before I did herbs with any cascara sagrada. I am not negating any poss side effects from this herb, but I really think the toxicity issues occur with much higher doses.

You csn google parasite dieoff symptoms and see if anything resembles what you're experiencing. If the dowsing said yes to parasite toxins, then that is what I would go by.

I also take extra digestive enzymes and extra HCL when I feel it's needed.

Killing parasites can get very rough at times. Of course everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with.

Maybe you should try another cleanse (without cascara) to see if your digestive issues change.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard of parasite issues nor did my LLMD ever mention it to me. How do you know if you have them?

I am only in treatment for 3 months, should I have had some type of test for this? THis one is new to me. I hvae no digestive issues that seem to be showing parasites?

HELP!

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael -- it shows why there is need for persistence in fighting parasites. It certainly provides a better perspective to the problem.

To maintain health you should consider parasites as a long term battle.

Boron availability in food has been reduced due to soil depletion, so even if you are eating boron rich foods, it might not be enough. If you are fighting infection or parasites or excess fluoride in the body, or bad metals this trace mineral maybe lost. It is an element that keeps calcium in balance by ensuring calcium goes to the bones where it should go and not causing cellular issues.

I also believe that boron may have something to do with inactivating fluoride. And fluoride may support the existence of parasites in the body. This particular trace mineral hadn't been classified essential until the past few years. And for some curious reason, there isn't a lot written about it.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks Gael! You have always been a great supportive person to me while going through this mess.

I thought of trying something without the cascara. Some of the combos have aloes (not aloe vera gel) which is usually kind of harsh to me, as well. This Parastroy ain't for weaklings... (just a joke) I think the Paragone has aloes rather than cascara.

Yes - I have been having lots of shoulder pain. Even my ribs hurt - near my heart area, etc. I was reading on another post it could be caused by bowel inflammation! (Parasites... again.)

I have to give it some thought... Thanks for being there.

annier - I never had any bowel stuff going on. I found out by accident that I had parasites. I did a liver cleanse Dr. Hulda Clark style & I got really ill. I saw some weird looking stuff & found out it was some kind of parasite. It all started with that.

I don't think the tests are very accurate. Parasites are good at hiding. There's one test from Metametrix that is a PCR test but I haven't had it done.

I saw some stuff so I figured I just had to treat it myself. I don't have the money to mess around with alot of doctors - so, I had to read up on it & take things into my own hands.

I showed photos to my doctor & he didn't know what to make of it. Most don't know how to deal with them.

There are drugs but the can be quite toxic & they don't always work. It may take longer with herbs but they seem less toxic in the long run.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Bob - you may want to look into iodine (Lugols, etc.), too. I saw the earlier post about boron. I'm going to study it further.
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

annier1071 -- You might suspect parasite issues if you feel differently during a fool moon. Parasites usually lay there eggs at that time causing more extreme symptoms. It's a matter of connecting the dots. Check out the info below:

http://www.zhealthinfo.com/parasites.htm
quote:
PARASITES HARD TO DETECT AND HARD TO GET RID OF!
If you were tested by a doctor for parasites, chances are that the results would come back negative. Does this mean that you do not have parasites? Unfortunately, medical testing procedures only catch about 20% of the actual cases of parasites. Over 1,000 species of parasites can live in your body, tests are available for approximately 40 to 50 types. This means that doctors are testing for about 5% of the parasites and missing 80% of those. This brings the ability to clinically find parasites down to 1%.
Once you've established that you do have parasites, taking drugs to get rid of them may not always work. This is because a drug will often drive a parasite from one organ of the body to another. It's like people moving to better climates to make their living conditions more pleasant, or birds flying south for the winter. Every generation prior to modern times made de-worming a regular part of their lives, but our generation chooses to ignores this basic practice. We recognize that people in third world countries have parasites. We also recognize that all of the animals we eat, and pets who live in our homes have an innumerable number of parasites and worms, but we seem to dismiss the notion that we as civilized people might also have foreign entities living within us as well. For whatever reason the medical profession chooses to try to down-play this fact. But this knowledge is becoming more and more publicly aware in this day.
There are over 1,000 species of parasites, yet today's medical testing procedures only screen to identify about 50! There are two major categories of parasites: large parasites, which are primarily worms, and small parasites. Because of their microscopic size, they can burrow into the muscle, bones, or joints. Some of them may feed off the calcium linings of the bones or even the protein coating on your nerves, which can disrupt the nerve impulses to the brain. Parasites also secrete toxins, generating toxic build-up and stressing the immune system.
"Parasites may consume minerals and food supplements before you do! Who are you feeding first?" - Dr. Ross Anderson, N.D.
"I believe the single most undiagnosed health challenge in the history of the human race is parasites. I realize that is a pretty brave statement, but it is based on my 20 years of experience with more than 20,000 patients." -Dr. Ross
Anderson, N.D. "We have a tremendous parasite problem right here in the U.S. It is just not being addressed." - Dr. Peter Wina, Chief of the Patho-Biology in the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in 1991.
Compromised Health is a direct result of parasitical infestation in our bodies. Parasites live off our body's life- force and the sustenance that we ingest. In addition to a loss of nourishment, the toxicities produced by these creatures play havoc with our immune system and degrade the optimum health of their host. Sickness, disease, and numerous health challenges are the resultant of continued exposure.
Again: Doctors estimate that at between 85% to 95% of North Americans have parasites living in their bodies, causing illness, disease and "undiagnosable" troubles. Parasites are NOT just a Third World problem! You may have parasites living in your bowels, your bloodstream, your internal organs...even your brain!
So, you think you don't have parasites? Think again! MANY TYPES OF WORMS: MANY TYPES OF DAMAGE The twelve most common types of worms in humans include: Tapeworms, Whiteworms, Redworms, Inchworms, Blackworms, Pinworms, Hookworms, "Little Fish", Threadworms, "Fuzzballs", "Spiders", and Stickpin worms.

The following are some descriptions of just a few worms that can get into your body and cause disease and toxicity. "The Essentials of Medical Parsitology" by Thomas J. Brooks, says, "the tapeworms are among the oldest parasites of the human race. Indeed, some species have become so well adapted to live in the human intestine that the host (man) may be entirely asymptotic." This means you may have a tapeworm and not appear to have any symptoms. The fish tapeworm is the largest of the human tapeworms, reaching the length of 33 feet or more. There can be 3,000 to 4,000 segments in one worm. It can produce more than 1,000,000 eggs a day. This type of
infestation can cause anemia because of interference with vitamin B12, says Dr. Brooks in his book. Also, the weight challenges of some people can be directly attributed to tapeworms. This is especially true of weight loss programs that don't work. The person may be hosting a tapeworm which is eating all the food and making the person constantly hungry.
Tapeworms can also cause water retention. Besides tapeworms from beef, pork and fish, there is also a type of dog tapeworm you can get when dogs lick your face or hands. Pinworms are very infectious and can cause a lot of itchiness in the anal area. "The worms deposit their eggs mostly at night, contaminating pajamas and bed linen," writes Dr. Brook. "The eggs are readily transported though the air, and it is not uncommon to find them in every room of the house....complications are much more common in women than in men." Pinworms can also be found in the vulva, uterus and fallopian tubes because the female worm loses her way while trying to return to the anus after depositing her eggs.
Another type of roundworm that can be present in humans is whipworms. These insidious creatures actually inject a digestive fluid which converts the colon tissue into liquid which the worms sucks up. Dr. Norman Stoll, a former worm expert at the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research, estimated that the roundworm infects about 644 million people in the world. This was in the 1940s and there are no doubt a lot more people infected with roundworm now! Dr. Brooks believes nutritional deficiencies are seen in heavy roundworm infections.
Hookworms bite and suck on the intestinal wall, which can cause bleeding and necrosis (death of the tissue). In severe infections, iron deficiency becomes a therapeutic problem because of all the iron that is lost to the hookworm. Dr. Brooks says that, "hemoglobin levels as low as 15% of normal have been seen in patients with severe, long- standing hookworm disease.
How we become infected with parasites Dr. Zoltan Rona writes "The incidence of parasitic disease in North America is skyrocketing because of increased international travel, contamination of the water and food supply and the overuse of chemicals, mercury and prescription antibiotics.
Tape worms, hookworms and a long list of amoebae are far more common in the North American population than conventional medical experts have led the population to believe.... Parasites are found in highest concentrations in commercial pork products (bacon, ham, hot dogs, cold cuts, pork chops, etc). Beef, chicken, lamb and even fish are contaminated
In a well-known book on parasites, Ann Louis Gittleman writes: "Pork tapeworms infect man through the eating of infested, undercooked pork such as fresh or smoked ham or sausage. The larva stage develops in the muscle, spreads through the central nervous system into other tissues and organs and finally hooks onto the upper small intestine. Pork tapeworm causes great harm to the human host when the immature larvae invade the muscles, heart, eyes or brain.
Here is a list of ways parasites can get into your body: shaking hands, sharing someone else's soda can, kissing (even on the cheek), intimate sexual contact and believe or not, you can get parasites by inhaling dust which contains the dried form of these organisms. You can get parasites from drinking the water of any of the thousands of lakes, rivers, streams and creeks in North America. Giardia Lambia, which causes Giardia, is very common, for example.

You can get parasites from eating meat. Do you really think government inspectors are able to inspect every animal that goes to the slaughterhouse? Another source of parasites is salads. Dr. Brooks estimates that the overall incidence of E. Histolytic in the United States is between 3.9% and 10%.
The distressing thing about parasites is that if you get rid of them, you can easily be reinfected. Married couples tend to have them together, and if one person is treated for the parasitic infection, they are often reinfected by their spouse. It is extremely important that both be treated at the same time, and in many cases, the children should be treated along with their parents.
Someone once said, "If parasites are so easy to catch, them why doesn't everyone have them?" The funny thing is, almost everybody does.
We also can become infected by not cleaning our fruits and vegetables good enough. There are even some parasites that we can pick up through our feet by walking outside barefooted.
So; how do you know if you have parasites?

Some symptoms of parasite infections may include:

Constipation: Some worms, because of their shape and large size, can physically obstruct certain organs. Heavy worm infections can block the common bile duct and the intestinal tract, making elimination infrequent and difficult.

Gas and Bloating: Some parasites live in the upper small intestine where the inflammation they produce causes both gas and bloating. The situation can be aggravated by eating harder-to-digest foods such as raw fruits and vegetables and beans. Persistent digestion problems can often be a sign of parasites.

Anemia: Some varieties of intestinal worms attach themselves to the lining of the intestines and then rob nutrients from their human host. If there are large numbers of them they can create sufficient blood loss to cause a type of iron deficiency or anemia.

Diarrhea:

Joint and muscle aches and pains

Allergies

Acne, rashes, and other skin disorders can be caused by microscopic parasites.

Sleep Disturbances: Can be caused by nocturnal exits of certain parasites through the anus creating intense discomfort and itching

Nervousness :Parasitic metabolic wastes and toxic substances can act as irritants to the central nervous system. Restlessness and anxiety can be the direct result of a systemic parasite infestation.

Tooth Grinding /Clenching:-abnormal grinding, clenching and gnashing of the teeth has been observed in cases of parasitic infections.. These symptoms are very noticeable among sleeping children.

--------------------
Bob

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Thanks Sparkle -- I have a pet who might have parasite issues. So I'm doing a parasite cleanse now and I'm doing it for my pet as well.

I regularly include kelp, bladderwrack and dulse in my diet. I don't test positively for iodine. I have tested positively for boron. I suspect I've had issues with fluoride and didn't realize it or I was just low in boron. So I did some research on it, and with all the research I've done, this trace mineral escaped me. Who knew [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

glm1111
Member # 16556

Bob,

Thanks for posting this excellent info on parasites.

I totally agree with Dr Ross Anderson N. D. when he says

" I believe the single most undiagnosed health challange in the history of the human race is parasites"

I never in a million years would have guessed that I had so many parasites hiding in my body and making me so sick if I hadn't seen them come pouring out of me with my own eyes.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's funny - I think GiGi & I have also posted the same article in he past couple of weeks.

It's a good article. Makes sense. I know someone who got their gall bladder removed recently who was known for eating alot of sushi. If only they knew... I wonder how many people get surgery for something that probably has to do with parasites...?

Also - I wonder how many gynecological issues have something to do with parasites? I'm sure some of these issues with adhesions, cramps, etc. may have to do with parasites.

I was reading about someone who was told she was wrong about pinworms creating a gyn problem. She got a PCR test & found out she was correct. She had a pinworm infection in her vagina... It's probably alot more common than people want to acknowledge.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Sparkle,

Sorry, I must have missed when you posted this. You always post great info BTW.

You're probably right about the unnecessary surgey people have due to parasites. Just to add I had a tube an ovary removed in 1976 when a cyst burst on my ovary, my appendix removed before that and my gall bladder removed in 98.

In hindsight, I am sure it must have been from parasites given how I infected I was with them. I am sure a lot of them came from the ticks that bit me since the time I was sixteen and before. Will the medical community ever wake up?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canefan17
Member # 22149

"Could I be dealing with parasites?"
"Have you traveled out of the country recently?"
"No"
"Then you're ok - let's do an expensive and uncomfortable colonoscopy and go from there"

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yeah... It's not all that complicated to do an anti-parasite protocol just to rule it out - first... In some cases, it's probably ignorance but in others - the procedures make alot more money!

Gael - If some parasites move around the body, there's no reason why they wouldn't be in the female organs...

If the small parasites invade - the doctors removing these organs probably wouldn't even see them unless they used a microscope. I don't know what they do with the organs after... They probably don't even look.

BTW- sorry you had to go through all of that.

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search for Hanna Kroeger's Wormwood products and this came up.

http://www.alternative-healthresources.com/catalog/details.asp?prodid=HK%2010040&cat=&path=

Is this legit? I am not familiar what form it is supposed to be taken in. How many capsules would you take per day and does it have to be taken hours away from abx?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Bob - great link by the way on parasites.

I had forwarded the link to my sister who has had teeth grinding for years. I noticed the article said that could be a symptom too. She also has intestinal issues.

I really hope she will look into parasite treatment.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Sparkle -- I saw the articles you and Gigi posted, I just made it more convenient by taking the pertinent part out. I'm not sure if everyone reads the links. Not everyone reads all the topics either, you just repost when it is significant to do so, thought it was really good information you and Gigi found especially about detection.

For the record you're unlikely to detect parasites through a colonscopy (unless they bioposy the intestines for microscopic ones), especially if they are all in the liver or some other organ. And most parasites are microscopic! Detection (based on current tests) is extremely difficult, in a healthy person without immune issues, some parasites are handled by the body others have to be handled. But if you are at all bloated or affected by a full moon. Do a parasite cleanse, if you feel lousy at all during the cleanse, guess what! You probably had a parasite.

So how to determine if you have a parasite: pay 20 dollars for parastroy and do a cleanse, if you felt perfectly ok for the time you did the cleanse, you probably didn't have a parasite, otherwise you did. Or pay hundreds of dollars for a parasite test that's only going to find 10% of the possible parasites. After the test you begin to feel happy to prove to yourself there wasn't a parasite because you trusted the test. Sometime down the road you discover you actually did have one.

So if you do a cleanse and at some point you feel ill then better. If your curious, then have a test done, and I'm betting from the die off your chances to find what parasite is probably more likely. However, they'll still only find 10% of the potential species to cause issues.

If it were me! I'd forget the test and do the cleanse -- its just 20 bucks.

--------------------
Bob

canefan17
Member # 22149

penguingirl,

Yes that's Kroegers Wormwood Combo

just order from amazon or vitacost - cheap price

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Parastory is $11 on Vitacost... I think you are right, Bob. Also, you can take Parastroy for 6 months or more. I think it's a good idea. I don't think I'd want to take the drugs for that long. You need a separate drug for each type of parasite, too.

Not all anti-parasite drugs are studied for long term safety. Their actions are not really known in some cases. Could be adverse side effects...

Chances are - if you are infected - there are eggs that can rehatch. I'm not sure if the drugs get the eggs or how long the eggs may be viable.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Sparkle -- maybe we could get a forum of lymies for a bulk rate discount on parastroy ? I'm itchy just thinking about it! [lol]

--------------------
Bob

canefan17
Member # 22149

Bob,

Ironically enough - if Lymenet ever merged with some popular supplement companies - both parties would win.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

A better list for determination of parasites:

the following quote is from this link:
http://www.diatomitecanada.com/parasitic-infections-diatomaceous-earth.htm
quote:
So how do you know if you have a parasite - well, finding out can be difficult, but there are some signs to looks for. Although most everyone feels low at some point or another, going to bed early or sleeping in late, this is not something that should be normal (still, for many folks this is a regular routine.) Chronic fatigue is one of the main symptoms of a parasitic visitor in your body - some other symptoms include:

itchy nose, ears, anus
men: sexual dysfunction
forgetfulness
slow reflexes
gas and bloating
unclear thinking
loss of appetite
yellowish face
fast heart beat
heart pain
pain in the navel
eating more than normal but still feeling hungry
blurry or unclear vision
pain in the back, thighs, shoulders
lethargy
numb hands
burning sensation in the stomach
women: problems with the menstrual cycle
drooling while sleeping
damp lips at night
dry lips during the day
grinding teeth while asleep
bed wetting
constipation and/or diarrhea
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
achy joints
anemia
allergies
skin conditions
granulomas
nervousness
sleep disturbances (especially between 2-3 am)
tooth grinding/clenching
immune system dysfunction

--------------------
Bob

glm1111
Member # 16556

I just had to share this because it gave me such a chuckle. Someone just posted on a Facebook Lyme group that they were on Humaworm and that they passed what looked like a Gordian Ring.

She said she and her doctors office took pictures of it, for you know, Holiday Cards. [lol] [lol] [lol] [Big Grin]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

canefan17
Member # 22149

Gael,

Are you in that group? I just joined

I was lookin for ya - but didn't see any posts

glm1111
Member # 16556

Yeah I am, but don't really visit that much. I received an e-mail earlier that you posted, so I checked it out.

Uh, was I seeing things, or did I see a picture of you with a diaper on at a party? [lol] Looks like a lively and funny group of people.

I should visit more often and pitch in, but typing hurts my head. (cognitive stuff)

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

17hens
Member # 23747

Gael, you should try typing with your fingers instead. Not as painful.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!!)

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

canefan17
Member # 22149

LOL Gael

Ya that's me : )

A buddy and me decided one night (in college of course) that we would wear diapers out to the bar.

It was a hit

And lol @ 17hens comment, good stuff

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement