LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » After a bile duct flush, is this normal in the toilet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After a bile duct flush, is this normal in the toilet?
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter finished her second bile duct flush today and the first time she visited the toilet, she said she saw rice floating on top.

The second, third and fourth times she visited the toilet, she said she saw seaweed floating on top.

(I actually snuck in and took a picture -she's die a hundred deaths if she knew that!)

You know what I'm thinking, but I'd like to know what you think!

(hint: she hasn't eated rice or seaweed in the last week.)

Experienced opinions especially welcome!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They looked kind of like the picture at the very bottom of this page - http://irishmarinelife.com/category/general/

The one on the bottom right side of the drawing, only there were fewer leaves on each "seaweed" and the leaves were bigger/rounder.

But they were real thin, sort of transparent like a wet leaf would be.

Help?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could what appeared to be rice have been stones? When I did a thorough liver flush, I may have passed alot of stones.

[ 03-10-2011, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: lululymemom ]

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eagerly awaiting some experienced replies.

All I can say is when I took Ivermectin, I had what looked like rice in my stool as well. I assumed they could be pieces of broken tape worm. Would be interested to hear if there is a connection with bile duct flushing.

How do you do a bile duct flush anyway?

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The floating rice grains are often tapeworm segments. The seaweed is probably liver or intestinal flukes. They are often described as tomato skins or wet leaves. The gonads of the flukes do look just like seaweed.

Google search liver fluke photos, intestinal fluke photos, and tapeworm segments photos.

And get ready for the show. (I don't recommend popcorn.)

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you asked for experience, I passed all of the above on both Humaworm and Hulda Clark.

That is the only time I have passed anything like this. I did not pass anything on weeks of Albendazole.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

quote:
Originally posted by BoxerMom:
The gonads of the flukes do look just like seaweed.

Oh my goodness! I will have to take this to my grave - if my DD ever read this, she would die a million deaths!!!!!!!!!

WO - read the instructions in my post -
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/103905?

DD has repeated this 3 week process 2 times and we'll be starting the 3rd time next week.

More action every time, it seems. That's good, means it's working.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

I don't know, BoxerMom. I google searched the flukes and didn't see it.

Maybe I'll post the pics I took tomorrow. I'll need an awake brain to figure out how to post a pic.

DD has not done any parasite cleansers. Yet. Only these flushes.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curezone.com has alot of photos you can compare -

http://curezone.com/ig/f.asp?f=16

There are lots of helpful people over there, too. You can upload your photo & people may be able to identify it. I asked the Humaworm guy & he helped me.

Humaworm has their own forum there.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really good to have feedback here from people who have also had this experience and know something about it.

That said, it is absolutely very important to let people here tip you off to what *might* be the case, but then let your doctor do the actual diagnosing.

If we lay people diagnose, we are setting up the road for possible trouble.

We could be wrong and miss an important diagnosis if we do this. It's a mistake.

Check with your doctor and show him/her the photos you very wisely took.

Bravo! Smart to have done that.

Now please check with your doctor just to be sure your daughter is medically safe and on the right track.

Take care.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how many have done colon cleanses prior to procedures like colonoscopies, but you would find alot of strange things that you would not normally expect to see when your doing them.

It's amazing how much is actually stored in the colon until you start doing a complete cleanse.

I think sometimes we may jump to some conclusions about what we are seeing.

To me the important thing is that I'm clearing things out that are going to make me feel better.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

http://hubpages.com/hub/Herbal-Parasite-Cleanse-Experiment-With-Humaworm

Here's the page with the liver fluke testes. (DD probably won't like that word, either!)

Chiquita - We're here because our doctors can't and won't diagnose and treat us. If they could, we would be happily living our lives. We are taking our health into our own hands and asking others what their experiences have been.

Patients bring jars of their expelled parasites to doctors, only to be dismissed as delusional hypochondriacs.

We wouldn't be here if it was as simple as bringing a photo to a doctor and getting correct diagnosis and treatment.

I don't know anyone on here who would ever be unsafe with the health of a child. Or not take a sick child to a doctor. Hens is not asking us to diagnose her daughter. She's asking for our experiences. That's exactly what she wrote in her post. She will make the right decisions for her family.

We are not morons. We're just treated like we are!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Hens - I can't say for sure if these are parasites, but in my experience, the early flukes and tapeworm segments were the most vulnerable. It didn't take anything heavy-duty to start getting them out.

I really hate responding to "what is in my toilet?" threads!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BoxerMom wrote:

"I really hate responding to "what is in my toilet?" threads!"

Yet you responded 4 times, and with helpful information to contribute. I think you enjoy covering your eyes with your hands, but peeking through the hole in your fingers! [lol]

I cannot help it myself. I want to see TRUTH!

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Boxermom. The doctors really don't know how to deal with parasites. They are kind of in denial about it, too. They don't want to admit it's outside of their experience - so, they make you feel like you are a paranoid delusional or something.

I don't think parasite infection is that unreasonable.

17hens - I would have probably done a parasite cleanse prior to the liver/gallbladder flush. I got very ill doing a liver flush. I may have had parasite materials in my liver & I think it was moving around & blocked a bile duct. It was very painful.

One concept is that you can just go ahead & do the anti-parasite herbs. If your daughter feels ill - she probably has parasites. The tests are notoriously inaccurate...

I think Parastroy is stronger than Humaworm. The Humaworm folks are very nice in any case. I just don't think it's necessary to wait 3 months inbetween the 30 day treatment. With Parastroy, you can take it for 6 months - which may be necessary for some.

Also, there are going to be some parasites that are not visible to the naked eye. Some live in the lungs, blood, etc. so you may not see them in the bowel movements.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dyna3495
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dyna3495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxer Mom;
Thankyou for your wonderful posts ! You have a way of getting right to the point of the discussion. I have found every experience you have shared to be truth. You have been a huge help in my recovery from this disease.

Posts: 160 | From Mid-east USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

quote:
Originally posted by BoxerMom:
I really hate responding to "what is in my toilet?" threads!

But you're sooooo gooooood at it!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

quote:
Originally posted by dyna3495:
Boxer Mom;
Thankyou for your wonderful posts ! You have a way of getting right to the point of the discussion. I have found every experience you have shared to be truth. You have been a huge help in my recovery from this disease.

I totally agree - I feel the exact same way about Boxer Mom!! Thank you for your consistantly excellent input!! [kiss]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always wondered if the flukes, worms, etc., are actually just something that forms between the olive oil and the other ingredients of the flush, RATHER than actual flukes, worms, stones.

I think one way to know this would be to do a flush multiple times. If the flukes, worms, stones start to DECREASE, it would imply they were "real" and you are getting most of them out. If you get gobs of flukes, worms, stones every time you do a flush for 100 times, it seems unlikely that they are actually what you think they are, and that they are probably more likely just food constituents of the flush ingredients.

However, to get these items coming out when doing Humaworm AND a hulda clark flush is pretty convincing since these two treatments have entirely different ingredients.

Just some food for thought....

Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

One thing I didn't mention was that the purpose of DD doing these bile duct flushes has nothing to do with parasites.

After 7 years of illness (started w/ lyme that improved w/ short abx treatment but most symptoms over the years have been from bart) and 9 months of LLMD abx treatment, we knew something was going wrong.

Instead of getting any improvement, things were getting considerably worse. Brain fog became significant, general fatigue became an issue, and then constipation set in (5 days w/ no bm).

Diagnosis was that liver and kidneys were blocked with bile and toxins and ducts were closed, not working to flush poisons out so her body was overwhelmed by the poisons.

Our intent is to loosen the bile from her liver and kidneys and flush it out so that her liver and kidneys begin to work properly, to detox again.

These potty prizes are just an added bonus, reminding me of what we'll have to address in the near future.

And this is for my DD who won't look at, think about, or talk about anything "dirty" be it mud, germs, poop, and especially not parasites!! [Eek!] Who knows what the future holds! [Wink]

Note to sparkle - thanks for sharing that link. I checked out the curezone photos. Still didn't see what I saw in the potty, but that's ok. Got an education! And I'll remember next time not to click on brain worms - i reached my limit on that one!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also- parasites sometimes have different appearances due to the various stages in their lifecycle. This is the case for flukes.

Topic: Good article about flukes (a parasite)

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/104701?

17hens
Member # 23747

I know the nurse we're working with, who is opening up DD's liver ducts, does not claim to know anything parasitish...

but when I mentioned the "rice," she said, "Oh good, kidney stones"

and when I said "sea weed," she said, "Oh good, bilestones. Things are working well."

For what it's worth, I thought I'd mention it.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't know... that doesn't sound right to me. Just my opinion.

Why would kidney stones be in a bowel movement? Stuff that looks like rice can be parasite eggs. Bile stones do not look like seaweed.

It's kind of gross, but this is what bile stones look like -

http://tinyurl.com/bilestones

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also - http://www.tape-worm.info/

This website is about cats but it pertains to people, too.

more - http://www.articlesbase.com/wellness-articles/a-study-on-internal-parasites-580965.html

17hens
Member # 23747

I agree, sparkle.

I'm having trouble downloading my camera card, but darn it, I'm going to try again.

Then I'm going to try and figure out how to post the seaweed pic on here.

I might be cured of lyme before I get this done, but I'm gonna try at least!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement