LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » poor elimination of toxins...need advice !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: poor elimination of toxins...need advice !
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to have a problem eliminating toxins from my body...I had to

stop ABX because I wasn't able to eliminate them fast enough and

had severe gastro issues that were not just uncomfortable but

quite painful at times...lots of bloating and gas...feeling the need

"to go" but unable to do so...I just began a new treatment , along

Dr. K's guidelines which is heavy on the detox and after only 2 weeks

the same thing is happening...I just can't seem to tolerate any

treatment anymore...wondering if I have a blockage or sthg

physically wrong with my digestive/ elimination system...has

anyone else experienced this and offer advice ? I used to have

no problem with "eliminating"...quite the opposite actually...so

this is very uncomfortable...I have been taking lots of probiotics

and eat lots of veges and high fiber foods...just switched to a

gluten and dairy free diet...I'm thinking of getting a colonoscopy

to see what's up...please help if you can...thx ! [confused]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same ongoing problem...I go to the bathroom daily (usually), but I feel like there is way more 'in there'. I feel bloated, almost as if I'm retaining water. In fact, days I feel most bloated I seem to sweat a lot (and I still feel bloated!)

I don't have any answers for you, and I've tried everything. What color are your stools?

Sitting in the tub and sweating is the only thing that helps...I literally sit there until my hair is saturated from sweat. I feel better for a little, but it never lasts...

I personally wouldn't bother with a colonoscopy...I had 2 of them, and nothing abnormal ever showed up.

--------------------
Urge Congress on EMF Safety, FCC Must Change Exposure Guidelines for Microwave Radiation Exposure: http://tinyurl.com/2cjq54y
Halt Universal Broadband, A Public Health Hazard:
http://tinyurl.com/3x7xrmq

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe you should think of treating yeast? do u take probiotics usually?
Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has your bowel problem been officially diagnosed?

I can say based on first-hand experience that if there is a problem here, that intolerance to many substances---natural, food, and synthetic alike---will be a major stumblingblock until this matter is addressed.

According to articles by Dr Joseph Mercola and Dr Mark Hyman, the gut lining and its secretions, account for 80% of immunity! It's the body's first barrier and first line of defense.

If there is a problem in this area, then major allergic reactions will ensue.

However if you take care of it this can greatly improve, I know that from first-hand experience. I remain very hypersensitive to medications, but also did recover in full from environmental illness 25 years ago. Treating the gut is a key part of the get well program.

You are doing the right thing by eliminating gluten et al, good for you! I don't know how long you have been doing this, but if it proves to be an allergy for you then *any* food allergens that you can avoid will help your gut to heal, over time. (Alongside other things to take care of your colon).

I would strongly recommend reading Elizabeth Lipski, CCN MS's booklet called Leaky Gut Syndrome.

She also has written a regular-sized book called Digestive Wellness.

Both books are excellent and offer a wealth of information how to heal a problematic gut.

The adrenal glands also play a major role in allergic responses, but the symptoms would probably be different than the ones you are describing here. If you are interested, Kurt Donsbach, ND CDC has written a booklet called Allergies, and he describes the role of the adrenal glands in very vivid terms in this booklet.

The liver would be key too in reducing allergic responses. My strong recommendation is to read the booklet Natural Therapy for your Liver by Christopher Hobbs, LAc AHG.

Have you had your thyroid checked? This too can be involved in inflammatory bowel (if that is what you have, that's for your doctor to determine) and allergic responses, according to Dr Richard Shames's book Thyroid Power. www.thyroidpower.com he also discusses how absolutely inaccurate mainstream thyroid testing is and how doctors can accurately diagnose and treat borderline low thyroid that is read in mainstream tests as "normal", yet symptoms persist. An excellent book, you will understand a lot about individual thyroid hormones and their balance after reading this book and how to talk to your doctor.

You take care of yourself and be well. We will be thinking of you.

You can also do a subject search here, this is excellent: www.healthy.net

Best wishes,CI

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

PS
Dr. Leo Galland has written an excellent article (but very thick medical terminology involved) about leaky gut syndrome on the site www.healthy.net

In this article, he writes that peptides (proteins) in saliva help the gut to seal up any wounds or minor cracks et al (if present).

So to chew your food very thoroughly not only aids digestive uptake, it actually helps the gut lining to heal.

Also I have read elsewhere that thorough chewing actually triggers the release of digestive enzymes. The role of enzymes in general is to break down foods as well as toxins, fyi.

Are you doing a good probiotic supplement?
Lots of saccharomyces boulardii?

Also, I agree with the suggestion above to check into digestive yeast.This can cause collitis and inflammatory bowel, etc.

If auto-immune attack is involved, causal agents can also include.....yeast, *food allergies!*, lyme, heavy metals, environmental chemicals.

Eating organic or pesticide-free food might be really important to reducing allergic responses (not the total solution,but very important to relieving the toxic load on your liver and kidneys and also as part of a greater system of tools to *reducing* auto-immune attack, if present).

Have you considered a good digestive enzyme product?

There is one by Rainbow Light containing marshmallow root.

Marshmallow root contains tons of mucillage, about 80% of the herb is just that, according to Potters Herbal Cyclopedia. This is a constituent that is like a gel, and it has soothing properties for the gut. The mucillage can assist with inflammation, softening the gut lining so it becomes more flexible. Therefore food moves along better and so does colon waste. It is not an addictive laxative because marshmallow does not directly stimulate peristalsis.

You could go to www.iherb.com or www.vitacost.com to check for Rainbow Light's various enzyme products, and look for the one containing marshmallow root.

Drinking the tea several times a day could be very helpful.

This tea can be very soothing to an inflamed gut, if that turns out to be your issue (you need your doctor's diagnosis for this):

Polari-Tea google it. Add marshmallow root to the formula. This is really excellent for soothing an irritated gut lining and also is a gentle detoxifier.

You could add DGL (deglycerrinated licorice) to your arsenal of tools. This can help soothe an irritated gut lining and aids digestive wound healing, if present.

HEADSUP: According to phytotherapy authority sources I have read, marshmallow root may interfere with mainstream medication absorption. Take it several hours apart from medication and there should be no problem, but be sure to check this out with your doctor or pharmacist to be sure that they agree.

Have you read about the Ayurvedic blend of three fruits called Triphala? So long as the high vitamin C content of the Amla fruit in the blend does not irritate your stomach or make you hyperacidic, then this is a blend which is a) a non-habit-forming laxative (does not stimulate peristalisis and therefore does not contribute to bowel habituation, according to the book The Way of Herbs). b) Further, according to that same source, this blend of fruits tonifies or strengthens digestion over a period of time.

Everybody responds to different products and it all depends on what the source of the problem is. It's a matter of first obtaining a proper diagnosis. Thereafter, it's selecting the right product to support you in that matter. Then, it's trial and error to see what best agrees with you.

This is for adjunct support.

The above information has not been evaluated by the FDA and does not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Drugs and herbs may interact, talk with your doctor. This does not substitute for medical advice and is for your education only. Take this information in the form of questions to ask your doctor.

Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I struggled with constipation and difficulty with elimination of toxins for most all my life (>30 yrs) despite many attempts at diet and other changes in my lifestyle to combat this very difficult problem that I'm almost certain came from Lyme (infected sometime before age 5).

Colon hydrotherapy is one of the only detox methods I can use due to a number of complicating issues I have with attempting other detox methods. Colonics worked wonders for my system and have retrained my colon, and now it works a whole ton better.

I've also gotten Interferential Current treatments on my abdomen to encourage normal parastalsis and it has also been very beneficial for me.

Before these two types of treatments, I needed to take huge amounts of magnesium, drink tons of water, eat lots of high fiber foods (which makes my slow stomach emptying worse), and exercise all the time to get anything to budge in my colon.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raw vegan runner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for raw vegan runner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words: Coffee Enema.
Works WONDERFULLY for me. Helps with the detox and moving *things* out. [Wink]

Posts: 206 | From In the shadow of a mountain | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds more like a Stomach flora issue and lack of good probiotics than elimination of metals and detoxing.

Abx tear up our stomachs and all the good enzymes and bacteria that break down foods. If you don't replenish you are going to have major stomach issues. Diarrhea, bloating, yeast, etc.

If your problem is detoxing I use an Infrared Sauna, which is said to not only help detox metals, but also make abx more effetive.

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Borrelia die-off is responsible for many of our symptoms (at least according to some doctors) so it is not a stretch to think that increasing die-off through treatment might exacerbate gut issues.

A good LLMD or LLND who is familiar with the many detox issues that lyme patients face should be able to direct you in appropriate treatments.

If you have ruled out all other possible causes (side effects of drugs or supplements, candida, dysbiosis etc..) then perhaps get some testing to see if any of these issues apply to you.

HLA testing and treatment
KPU
Methylation disorders/glutatione depletion
Porphyria

There are many posts in the archives that go into detail about these issues.

You may find this article useful - particularly the section titled

"LYME-ASSOCIATED MOTILITY VARIATIONS AND OTHER BB RELATED GUT PROBLEMS"

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/images/Belle_s_Palsey_of_the_Gut.pdf

Good luck,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...thx everyone for your input ...I do believe my body has

lost it's ability to remove toxins at this point...it is not only a

colon issue I think...I had nasty headaches , sweating , lots of

anger as well as the abdominal issues...I did the infared sauna,

rife, ionized footbaths as well as soda and epsom foot baths...I

don't have a bath tiub at home... can I run by the protocol I was (

I had to stop ) by anyone who may be familiar with Dr. K's

protocol to get some feedback...I understand that treatment is

individualized...mine was put together through ART...but it

seems a pretty heavy treatment to start all at once...though that

could be because I can't eliminate effectively...but why then

would the ART come up with this ? I will PM anyone my detox

protocol if anyone wouldn't mind taking a look at it...thx a whole

bunch..I have been feeling better since stopping but it seems as

if there is a worsening in general from the toxic burden that has

left it's mark...I have been taking all kinds of probiotics...Art

tested ones, Sacchoromyces...various ones over the years ...the

ones I am taking now have been ART tested...BTW...apart from

the abdominal symptoms...the headaches were the worst...day in

day out...all night long...constant for over a week...I thought I

would just shoot myself...pain meds did not work...they are gone

now too since I stopped the detox...I guess I am pretty toxic !

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be a parasite issue...? Have you treated for that?

I've been getting headaches & bad bowel stuff from doing a parasite cleanse. I used to have no intestinal tract issues prior.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Chiquita...you have been most helpful !

Terry...that link on "motility etc" was right on for me...sounds

exactly like what I may be dealing with , especially since I showed

positive for erhrlichia...any idea how competent the "Hydrogen

Lactulose Breath test is...or the cost ?

I have just spent $ 3000 the last month alone for this latest

treatment protocol that I no longer can follow and am stuck with

all these expensive supplements now...I simply cannot afford

much more @ the moment...thx

--------------------

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Karensky,
For headaches, the product by New Chapter Organics called Headache Take Care is a herbal that can be very helpful. SOmeone I know with lupus who had such bad black spots in her vision from migraines that she was sure bats were flying around the room (they weren't), used it and needed a lot less pain medication when taking it.

It also shouldn't irritate the stomach lining because even with the aspirin-like herbs from which aspirin is made, there are constituents in the herbs which shield the gut from inflammation (unlike when the aspirin exists as an isolated chemical, on its own, and concentrated. The herbs won't be as concentrated and the constituents work in synergy, not singly. So you are much less likely to have gut inflammation with aspirin-like herbs than with the aspirin product, according to phytotherapy authorities whose books I have read).

Some homeopathics may help too, but I am not the one to say anything about this because I don't know them.

You could google the Boerick and Teufel (B+T) Homeopathic Materia Medica and look up remedies there:

I would be curious to see if Nux Vomica matches your issues?

Remember that with homeopathics, it's not only physical but mental/emotional *types* that need to match too. It's not that every symptom and every jot in the book has to match, but in the general gyst, yes.

As for this not being a colon issue, I can't diagnose because I am not a doctor. Let's be very clear about that.

That said, I also have read in alternative health reference books that liver congestion can cause headaches et al, as well as anger and depression, both. (But other things could cause those symptoms too, it's important to ask your doctor about this).

So the colon could be more involved than you think, according to those sources.

You could do a subject search here: www.healthy.net

Best wishes, CI

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Thx so much Chiquita...you are a wealth of knowledge !

The headaches have mostly stopped now I have quit the detox

protocol but my digestive problems remain...this is what I need to

figure out I think @ the moment...I am reluctant to try anything

on my own @ the moment because of the severe reactions I have

experienced in the past...I think I need a new LLMD/ND to help

me...so who do I try now ???

Thx again....you are incredibly knowledgeable ! [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------

Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Thx everyone for your feedback...so my question now is...who do

I go to to determine what the problem is...a gastroenterologist ?

My current LLMD and holistic practitioner have not suggested

any particular dx test to figure this out...only telling

me I most likely am not eliminating toxins fast enough...

suggesting I may want to try an enema or a colonic...but I

would like to know WHAT I am treating first....so...would a gastro

doc be helpful @ this point do you think ?

thx again for all your help everyone ... [confused] [bonk] [confused]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement