LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » mri came back perfectly normal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mri came back perfectly normal
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kim just called. my mri was perfect. no sign of any past or previous lesions, damage, strokes, etc. everything good and clear.

she asked about the headache and i said still have it but it is lessening. she said they would check back in one week.

but for now, no medications, just wait and see.

whew, what a relief. just another lyme symptom i guess.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy that your MRI came back normal.

One of my main symptoms that eventually led me to a Lyme diagnose was a severe headache daily for almost two years straight.

(Funny two drs. told me daily headaches were not a symptom of Lyme).

Between the headaches and brain fog I just knew I had a brain tumor.

My neurologist also ordered an MRA of the arterties in my neck that flow to the brain to rule out a blockage.

I was hearing my pulse swoosh in my ear as well.

That too came back normal along w/ CT of the sinuses.

When I was diagnosed a year later, I chalked the headaches up to Lyme.

One day out of the blue, doing nothing different the daily headaches went away.

I now get frequent sinus pressure and excrutiating facial pain more than the headaches which come and go.

I hope your headaches ease or at least aren't too frequent.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby has had head and eye pain now for 9yrs...
had every test known to man...finally 4 yrs ago
found out Thank God he has Lyme....

in treatment for a little over 4 yrs...and the
eye pain is much better...he is even watching
tv now, first time in years...his head pain is
also getting better...in stead of a #12 head
pain on some days is a #7...

i have learned so much here on Lyme Net..all
of you (and you know who) a great...

this is a bad disease and people have to know
no two people have the same problems...it comes
in so many forms...

i am so happy for you...the same thing happened
with hubby...the mri was normal last year...

take care...Madge

--------------------
madgen

Posts: 342 | From newjersey | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew, what a relief! I'm glad your MRI results came back normal. Now, whatever is causing your headache needs to go away so you can feel better [Smile]
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!
I had the full hope and conviction that all would be okay!!
I know the fear very well...and fear almost always turns out to be hooey. It's almost always wrong!

YAY!!!!

So glad to hear this.

As for headaches:

Many naturopaths I have read say it can often originate with digestive stuff. (There are many causes for headaches, so this is only one of them).

Sinus infections: Netti pot with goldenseal can be effective, chamomile as anti-inflammatory, both as cooled-off tea, strain through a coffee filter to get out the grains and tiny petals.

If it's a fungal infection, both the above mixed with calendula (marigold) tea, which is "Markedly anti-fungal" www.healthy.net see Herbal Medicine Center

Nettles with quercitin by Eclectic Institute for allergies, I have seen this help a lot of people.

Headaches: New Chapter Organics Headache Take Care is marvellous. Herbs from which aspirin used to be made, but which have constituents that protect your stomach so it won't hurt your stomach like aspirin would. In fact, the herb meadowsweet in the product, from which aspirin used to be made, is used for stomach ulcers. I know someone with severe lupus migraines who needs less pain medication when she uses this product.

Best, CI

The above information has not been evaluated by the FDA and does not diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Drugs and herbs may interact, talk with your doctor. This is not medical advice, ask your doctor if you have any healht concerns.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea! Hope it continues to lessen!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, I am so happy for you! Hopefully those headaches will go away on their own...
One4islands, how long did it take for headaches to go away, out of the blue?

Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shahbah 2 years of a severe headache every day.

I woke up one morning and they were gone.

Now I get them, but no where near as severe and they don't last for days.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shahbah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shahbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you one4, last question did the headahces feel like pressure? Oh I wish mine could go away, I have been suffering also for 2 yeas constantly!...
Posts: 723 | From Montreal | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you!!!! I understand the fear you were struggling with. The fear is almost worse than the diagnosis isn't it!!?!

Such great news you received!!! Embrace it fully and relax and enjoy.
[group hug]

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement