LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Success with Dr. K's Treatment Protocol?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Success with Dr. K's Treatment Protocol?
365SunnyDays
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 365SunnyDays     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would appreciate any feedback folks may have on Dr. K's treatment protocol -- successes or failures.

--------------------
We really know so little about the body and the microbiome.

Posts: 261 | From Southern California | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to hear this too from other than the regular advocates here. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he claims success with over 900 patients. it would be nice to hear from some of them.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but he hasn't cured himself (according to him)! He keeps his Bb in check with his protocol. But if he can't do it for 10 days, he feels bad again. Hmmm. Not knocking his protocol; just take the statistics with a grain of salt, as with others.
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the 899 other patients sure should be here you would think. [Smile] For that reason alone, I'm very, very skeptical.

I wonder how much that protocol costs he uses to keep himself in remission or manageable symptom-wise? I'd be happy with anything that kept me well within reason even if not total cure. I wonder if he ever tried hardcore Abx treatment?

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think 900 hundred patients cured is very many. If he sees 8 patients a day, you would see 900 people in 113 days or 25 weeks (rounding up with 4-5 day work weeks).

As you only see these doctors once every three months that would mean he sees about that many patients a year. So if he has been practicing for ten years his failure rate would be 90%!

But if he requires his patients to come more often, like once a month, his statistics would be better. My LLMD only requires an one hour office visit once every 6 months with a half hour telephone consultation in between. That was true of the other LLMD I saw also.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, oh. I have a feeling a certain "someone" is gonna be showing up on this thread soon. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee
Member # 23768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more input. I am interested in other's who have been to Dr. K or used his protocol.

Lee

--------------------
"The race has already been won."

Posts: 74 | From midwest | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested too. I always hear of his protocol but it seems very extreme and expensive. My LLND is far away (10 hours) but we talk monthly (1 hour phone visits). She employs natural remedies and pharmaceuticals.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's Selma, expressing gratitude for Dr K from whom she learned so much, which she passed on to others.

[bionic880-PE1]
Brussels

To: [email protected]

Dr. K has a whole bunch of followers, at least in Europe, his seminars are always full of practioners, and most of them treat patients with lyme.

It is sad to see that when people don't get well no matter what they try, and then they think no one can get well. Dr. K. has borrelia in him, like I have, like anyone who had been infected will have forever. The difference is that his Bb is dormant, as mine is, as my daughter's is, and that means, normal life for us.

People have no idea what it is be in remission, full remission. It's just normal life, no treatment, no symptoms. Why is that so hard to believe?

Dr. K is a very active man, near retirement age but travelling a lot, giving seminars non-stop, and having so many patients. He's not perfect, no one is, but without him, I think I wouldn't be here. He virtually saved my life and put me back to the world of living. Not him, but his followers who learned with him.

His ART is one of the most interesting and effective ways to treat lyme and other health problems. So far, I haven't come to anyone on the same level and depth as dr. K. He's a true healer. I hope someone posts something positive there in that thread!!

Selma

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another post from Selma who talks about the success of the photons (infrared light) and that is not part of Dr. K's protocol. My point is she has done things that have helped her and her daughter immensely that are not part of Dr. K's protocol.

[email protected]
Sat, March 26, 2011

I just saw you put some of my posts on LN. Thatk you!!

I usually don't measure my words too well when I post here because most people here are OK with photons and homeopathy, but I do take a bit more care in LN because of hot discussions for non-believers. But so far, there hadn't been too many bad discussions there, only positive ones, so that's great.

This [photons, PE-1] IS an amazing mode of treatment!!!, and when I first did it to my daughter who had a very swollen knee and doctors kept telling me that she may LOSE her knee if she stopped Rocephin on day 2 (I pulled her off on day 2), I was so unsure of what I was doing......

Her knee got though symptomless after less than a week after these doctors told me that, a whole team of doctors in Switzerland!!

It was an unbelievable experience I'll never forget. ALL MY HERBS stopped testing for her, ALL KILLERS, absolutely everything, from the moment I did the 1st photon therapy with borrelia nosodes.

My hands were itchy every single day, it was hard NOT to give my daughter garlic or cats claw, andrographis, whatever. NOTHING tested, she needed NO SINGLE killer, only cleansers and her knee got well to the point that she threw herself on the wooden floor saying "Look mom, I'm good!!!" just 5 days after we did the first photon session!

I gave her nothing to kill borrelia, staph, and other coinfections that were testing. Nothing ingested!! And she got better so fast!

Since that day, I KNEW this treatment was strong and efficient. At least for very strong acute infections. What I didn't know, is that if you TUNE the treatment very well with RIGHT homeopathic dilutions (and the borrelia antigen nosodes that I had forgotten too) in later phases, the disease will NOT come back too easily.

Of course there will be more things to treat, parasites, other viruses, funghi, candida, whatever, other bacteria, heavy metals, toxins, cavitations, probably some neuro symptoms left, psychologic trauma from before and after the disease, etc, but the INFECTIOUS part linked to Borrelia will become past history (if not, anyway, not a difficult part of the puzzle to keep under control).

Still crossing fingers for you, please, still post there and here so that we know how you are doing! I hope you 'll be one more in my mental list, of people who now see borrelia as a controlable infection and then MOVE forwards on another level of treatment, trying to reach a full health state!!

Have a nice weekend!
Selma

[ 03-26-2011, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it is worth...I just started...and quit...a protocol that was

mostly ( I believe ) Dr. K's...# 1...it was way too much for my body

to handle...I felt horrible , too sick to carry on with it...felt it was

doing more harm than good...however...I've had that reaction also

with ABX treatment...so maybe it is just me... # 2...it was way too

expensive for me to continue even if I wanted to and felt fine...

the supplements were astronomically high...and that says alot

since I have spent already on this darn disease a huge amount of

$$$ on supplements...I was ART tested for everything , including

dosages...which now has me a bit skeptical ...since it didn't

work out for me...also...I was ART tested for the same herbs by 2

different practitioners and they came up with exact opposite

reads...another hhhmmmmm....I did 2 rounds with the Rife

machine...the first I didn't notice a thing..the second induced

severe abdominal pain...I tried ionized foot baths...they did not

induce any negative reaction...also the infared sauna did not

cause me any difficulties...though what benefit they may have

had , I cannot say...Dr. K's " lyme cocktail" was not a fun thing to

make or drink and @ $ 16.25 per cocktail was the most

expensive and unpleasant tasting cocktail I have ever had ...

The total cost of one month of treatment with this particular

"Holistic " practitioner which included all the ART tested

supplements and treatments described above , cost me...get

ready for it...$ 2265...if I had stayed with this Dr. K's protocol

for the recommended year...it would cost me $ 27,180 ...OK...

it may not have cost quite so much given I would not perhaps

require quite so many visits or supplements over time...but...that

is the extension of the cost of my 1st month...when I read about

Dr. K's protocal I was very excited...it sounded reasonable and

made sense to me so I was very eager to find someone to guide

me with it...this is my personal story only...as with every aspect

of this disease...it is unique to each of us...my practitioner agreed

with me that I wasn't "ready" for it ?! How does one know when

one is ready for anything , until they try it , unless of course

there are known issues to be cleared up first...I have no intention

of discouraging anyone from his protocol...I

followed my particular practitioner's guidance that was " based"

on Dr. K's... this practitioner is highly regarded and trains

and teaches alongside Dr. K and so I assume is highly educated

on the protocol...it was a learning curve and another dead end

for me in this ongoing battle of the spirochetes...for now...

Would like to hear from someone else a success story or not...

Be well all... [Wink]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee
Member # 23768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I assume correctly, Rumigirl, that at some conference or lecture Dr. K personally said he is not cured and cannot be away from his protocol for more than 10 days without feeling ill again?

Lee

--------------------

Posts: 74 | From midwest | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee
Member # 23768

One question--I assumed with ART Testing the tester had to be well (healthy). If Dr. K is not fully healthy from lyme or metals or whatever still ails him, how can his ART testing be accurate?

Lee

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time don't spend thousands. Do the Dr. K. protocol with freeze dried garlic and cilantro and a few others. These in the long run cost pennies compared to the thousands for abx that I had to put out before I wandered into Dr. K.'s office the first time. I settled for garlic and cilantro for several years and it did the trick --I got well.

I did that years before there ever was a cocktail and some of the easier concoctions, such as phospholipids, which I know some people make themselves. I grew cilantro in my garden, I shopped for the best farmer and garlic. My favorite binder used to be betasitosterol and charcoal and apple pectin. Cheap enough to get me well after a few years of following Dr. K. orders and learning myself. None of that costs a fortune, and even if it did, I would and have given up other "pleasures" to do what I needed to do in order to get well.

I made my own homeopathics and still do when I need it.

May be learning and doing something positive - it will help you all the way around. You will heal much quicker by keeping your complaining to a minimum. Sorry I don't go along with much of anything that has been said here. Selma said it well.

The comment about Dr. K's health is totally out of place. Yes, he had Lyme Disease - I was there
when it happened.

When practicing any energetic testing, the tester has to be ahead, healthwise, of the person being tested. He has to clear himself/herself of any possible infections and toxin, and most people alive on this planet today are metal toxic and have some infections. That it easily done. I do it all the time because my husband is most likely carrying the same infections at a different level and/or neurotoxins I am carrying. The neurotoxins hang around for years long after you feel well. We have lived in the same household for close to 60 years.
No use treating one and then catching it again and again from the partner.
We trade some parasite back and forth. That is the nature of the beast. So anyone practicing this form of testing knows what to do to clear him/herself. Suggest you learn it and find out.

I don't mean to hold a lecture here. But your accounting of how many patients Dr. K. treats a day and your math about his failures are rather ridiculous when you have no accurate knowledge of what this man actually does. I have been around him for 13 years and am
usually aware of his whereabouts. I
think that you are way off and I would suggest you stay away from that subject because you are not well informed.

Some/more than one active ART practitioners have Lyme Disease and/or any of the other pathogens. After all, they are exposed to just about any bug that the patients bring in day-in and day-out. I do not envy them and am eternally grateful that the (ART practitioners) have found a method to treat each other regularly in order to avoid problems. The population is widely infected; luckily not all get real sick.
I don't dare think of any of the few good doctors really getting ill!!!!! We are in deep trouble then.

I would also be surprised if ten ART doctors came up with identical results, especially because each test applies to the here and now, not what tested yesterday and cannot forcast what will test positive 10 minutes from now. Every practitioner has a different personality and approach. We are a body that is in constant change - dynamic. If you swallowed a certain pill 3 seconds ago, you may test negative 3 seconds later. Some logic has to be part of the testing.

I would so much more like to do without the bickering and especially the same/always doubting thomases. It gets real old after a few years.

I can say without hesitation that the man is devoted and generous enough that you literally can read and watch anything he does and says, all his protocols that have grown and changed over time are available to anyone interested.

Has anyone gotten his e-mail telling what to do about the radiation problems and his involvement in treating Chernobyl children, successfully. The ones who were treated are still alive and well today?

Why the darn complaints! Be thankful for what he has given all of us - it is here for the taking - take the garlic or the fancy infrareds. Oh yes, Hiker, I have done infrared treatments guided by Dr. K. more than ten years ago. Photons, sound and color have been a serious part of his treatments for years, long before anyone ever thought of it. It has to be done right!
That's the woodoo stuff that helped me get well. This is the type of thread that makes me sad -
and I don't have the gusto to respond and waste
precious time on negative people/commentary.

My suggestion: treat parasites if you have neglected that part of the chronic disease and do something good for yourself!

Take care.

[ 03-27-2011, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, I always hear of your relationship with Dr. K. but I was wondering if you work with him or are you a patient?

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

She was a patient of his.
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Thanks, seek..

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

GiGi
Member # 259

I used to be his patient and he is still my friend and mentor. I do not work with him, but I follow and attend most of his conferences. He still teaches me when he has a chance. Anything new that he knows interests me also for my husband and family, he shares with me.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are very few practitioners who have worked "side by side" with Dr. K, only a few in this country. More in Europe probably.

Many attend his seminars, do some reading and claim to be DK trained. Not necessarily the case. Some on the East Coast more recently becoming involved but not working in his office, learning everyday.

My doctor is one of the few in this country that has done that so I guess you could say I am using some of those protocols. They are far less expensive (as are the office visits and phone consults) then I paid to an LLMD years ago who had no way of testing anything - one size fits all approach.

I am not on any lyme treatment. We are using some protocols for heavy metals and parasites. The cost is VERY minimal.

So, to answer the question that was originally asked - I am familiar with the protocols and have found the ones I have used to be very effective.

My understanding is that the K Academy is going through a process in which all practitioners who are actually trained and using these protocols will have to become certified.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's pretty normal for lyme patients to be skeptical. for those that are still trying to find their way (especially in the overwhelming beginning), it's important that there are threads like this so that experiences can be told and we can all use that information to make the best decision for ourselves in the treatment of this illness.

--------------------

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to be a "far out" person but I have had nothing but bad luck with energy testing. Speaking of being out there, does anyone have his date of birth? I will examine his natal chart and report back. I can also tell you if his energy would combine well with yours.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Much appreciate your input, Fire. Putting incorrect statements into circulation is not helping anyone get good information to help decision-making about any treatment. The 900 patient statement dates back years to a time of the turn of the century when this number probably was correct. Besides that it takes a lot more to get a person well than treating Lyme only. I do believe nobody gets healed that way.
No photon treatment alone with the best equipment will ever get a Lyme person well.

There are K Institutes in other countries where ART and other necessary disciplines are taught. As practitioners gather more experience with their patients, the information of what works has been accumulating over many years among these groups. This is all to the benefit of people searching for better ways and of course gives these groups who meet several times a year an immense benefit. I have attended some of the European K seminars and conferences.
They are large, with hands-on training and active participation for three days. There are hundreds of participants. They take place in the same towns every year. The doctors close their practice during that weekend or week and learn what they need to learn to stay updated with better methods of treatment. They build on methods which work, leaving others that don't behind. I can only say after having done it many times --- it takes a lot of energy and devotion to get through these weekends �� He also puts out a newspaper to keep every one up with the latest. It�s life research on a broad basis.

The town where these events take place every year, for years, usually has no hotel room left for that weekend. The people recharge themselves with what was learned by others who come and share throughout the year. Some come overhere from other countries to intern a few weeks of interning with Dr. K. to learn. Some of them I have offered a bed to save hotel costs. I did that at a time when I could barely navigate myself. Things are not stagnant with K. These meetings happen in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, England and other major German cities. He used to go to Asia and Australia to teach. I know how hard they all work at improving their patients� life and I therefore will not listen to some of these very erroneous statements being made by people who often are just repeating others� negative stories. We all have some of these.

Yes, all the European practitioners, whether MD, ND, or OD, Chiro, have to go through several years of training and get certified only if they pass all the different levels of classes. I have seen some of my friends sweating out the hands-on exam to get certified. There is ART I, II and III and several others every year dealing with different levels of Healing. A few supplements are not doing the trick for many as we are all finding out. Read Dr. K.�s Five Levels of Healing if you are not familiar with it.

Eventual Certification of the therapists is finally now happening here -- and the saying "I learned ART last weekend" is not going to fly any more. It takes several years to become proficient in ART and some of the disciplines that go along with it (Neural Therapy etc.) and I am super- happy that this is starting to be a requirement. They also have to take continued training -- much in medicine is old news after five years. It is an ongoing process � thank God. Many more books will be written!!!

The upcoming event in May here in Seattle will concentrate heavily on Beyond Lyme and will hopefully be another tool for many practitioners to learn and/or share in order to help their patients. It is amazing how many of the participants are there because they are dealing or had to deal with heavy metal toxicity and infections and worse, themselves.

Thanks for listening.

** edited to remove doctor's name **

[ 03-28-2011, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Lee
Member # 23768

Gigi,

Why is Rumigirl's comment about Dr. K's health out of place. If he told her at a conference that his health suffered if he did not stay on teh protocol what is wrong with that? It is a public forum for all who were there to hear.

That does not mean he is a poor doctor. I think more of him for saying the truth about himself.

I do not think Hiker was suggesting that Selma did not use Dr. K's protocol and find it helpful. I think Selma's reference to the photons was to the PE-1 machine (which is similar to the bionic that you used )and one does have to be careful with its use). I took Hiker's remarks as suggesting that Selma used more than Dr. K's protocol to get well and I think we all use bits and pieces of different protocols.

Finally, many people are too ill to make or grow the items you talked about for getting well. When you go to a doctor and they suggest you take such and such and have the "cocktails" available and you are really ill, you may be likely to spend the money on them and get disappointed if they do not work.

No one denies, Gigi, that you have had good results with Dr. K and that you think highly of him as a doctor, but I think people want to hear from others who have gone to him. I personally know of people that went to see Dr. K and did not have a good experience, but I also know people who went to my LLMD and did not have a good experience. Does that mean both are bad doctors; of course not. Not every doctor and every protocol is right for a person.

Finally, Gigi you say you got well with the cilantro and garlic etc. Yet when I read the bionic posts that I saved you had your bull's eye rash come back on you ankle when treated by Dr. W in Germany (so lyme might still be there) and if you are well, why 20 or more rounds of AI?

I am not trying to start an arguement, just trying to understand.

No ART where I live. Time for a walk in the wonderful sunshine.

Peace.

Lee

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,Lee, for stating my thoughts. I did not assume Selma did not believe in Dr. K's protocol--just that she mixed his protocol up with the PE-1 photon therapy--similar to the bionic that I and sixgoofy used.

I did not intend to start an arguement.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Lee, glad someone is keeping track of me. At this point, I am merely trying to keep things in line before all alternative treatments including Doktor K's fall onto the worthless/woodoo heap. Nobody gains. The fact remains that you can get well, very well, the way I have done it.

My major handicap was 12 root canals that stood in the way, along with all the toxins that come with that condition.

I have chosen to get rid of the rest of accumulated toxins, ongoing, with AI so that nothing can be a threat should some other modern infection come my way. And to keep my husband company who is very ill and is still working on major blockages. Had we done this years ago, I would never have been devastated by a simple insect bite and spared from infecting my husband.

So I am doing it now, and AI is a wonderful way to do it. Talking Photons, they may wipe out a few borrelia, but they redistribute most everything else, quietly until all hell breaks loose as happened to many who are still suffering from the after effects. Don't use them if you are not sure about toxic metals and infections, parasites, DNA dysregulations, etc., any one of them can open pandora's box. Find out for certain what else is there that keeps you sick.

Photons, any type, have to be used with great caution and knowledge, timing is important, etc. and only with the aid of an experienced doctor.

I hope you will explore all thoroughly before you do anything. One thing is sure -- there is no fast one-size-fits-all schedule/treatment for Lyme and the accompanying problems. Don't be in a hurry. It took me about 5 years to do it and lots of patience and will power to stick with it.

Take care.

[ 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

I didn't think anyone was implying Dr. K's protocol was worthless, least I hope that is not what they were implying because there could be so many reasons why it "didn't work" for someone.

On this forum, on any forum and in life in general, there's always going to be people who believe they know what works the best. The reality is....especially with this disease....no one is ever really going to know what will work for them unless they know how to intuitively and wisely make their own decisions based on what they know about themselves and all of the information they find out there.

It's a vast vast sea of scrambled puzzle pieces out there! It's good to seek out the experts and see if it jives with you. I feel like GiGi is very well informed, especially in topics like parasites from what I've viewed (which is very little, I try to pretend like I don't have lyme and by not dwelling on it is how i cope best). She may have a few puzzle pieces that will make things fall into place for some, and for others her information may *seem* like it doesn't help. Key word being SEEM!

Hopefully everyone can continue to keep this open mindedness in their quest for health and answers. I, for one, am very happy GiGi is around to share her knowledge [Smile]

PS. Sorry for the ramble! One of the reasons I don't come on here much anymore is because the amount of information (right or wrong) is so overwhelming at times. I'm the type of person that if I see someone says *IT WORKS!* or *IT DOESN'T WORK*, i believe them. So I'm just learning to listen to my body and ask for other's advice (and throw my 2 cents in) when I feel it's necessary or potentially helpful to do so.

--------------------

lululymemom
Member # 26405

On the contrary, I don't believe alternative medicine will be falling into a heap anytime soon. In fact I believe it will become more mainstream than antibiotics for long term chronic infections in the future.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

GiGi
Member # 259

There are clouds on the horizon when the Rizoles have to be approved by the FDA before they let them in the country. And the FDA confiscates the empty plastic insert of a test kit from Europe. I am an eternal optimist, but it stresses the most valuable doctors to the point of illness. See Dr.B.

I hope you are right, lulu.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Energy medicine to me is more important then conventional medicine. Dr. K embraces both, he throws no tools away, and he's constantly creating and employing new ones ( he jointly created ART and he employed the KPU protocol). With ART he's established a methodology to clinically use energy medicine for the benefit of the patient. He is a healer of the first order and if I had to see a doctor, he's the one I would want to see if cost weren't an issue.

And that's the problem, can you afford the cost for the best. If you can't, most of his protocols are available with a little research you have to employ. And it would be helpful to pickup a self diagnostic tool such as the pendulum, muscle testing, or biotensor -- my favorite.

Energy medicine is one of the topics for you to either believe or don't believe. If don't believe, remember, we are energy creatures, to proof it, get a voltmeter and you will see a voltage change and won't be zero unless your dead. Since we are energy creatures our energy is constantly changing. I take one step and the energy I possess might reduce in half or increase two fold. Our energy is affected by where we are, who we're with, how we feel, what we ate, the air we breath, the time of day and on and on. If you could create a diagnostic for your energy to work every second of the day, you might have a better picture of your health especially if you could compare it to 10 healthy people. How would you do?

So what influences the body's energy, homeopathy, herbs, color therapy, photons, a sunny day? If you want to find a Dr. with the most complete toolset it would be Dr. K. Name me another doctor who has more!

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Gigi, Please PM me with Dr. K birthdate. I have wondered how his energy would relate to mine in terms of healing. This will tell me.

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the top LLMD's in has been training under K and now does ART testing. I think that says something. He also has Lyme himself.

I just met yesterday with a K trained LLNP who also does ART testing. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this method of testing, though it is totally confusing to me, and about the K protocols.

I have a close friend who is in WA treating with him now and one going in a few weeks. I would gladly report back on how they make out. The one there now is one of the worst cases of Lyme I've ever seen, second only to Elizabeth Chalker.

Also out there are three or four other friends of theirs right now. All have had excellent results so far.

** edited to remove doctor's name **

[ 03-28-2011, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know whether to say what I said or not, but he said it in a public lecture on Lyme last month. He said that when he is in Europe and staying in someone else's place, he can't make his Lyme cocktail for himself. And after 10 days without it, he said he feels like s___. But as soon as he takes it again, he feels good.

I was surprised. Although many times in his writings, he talks about living symbiotically with the Lyme, etc. Well, of course we won't get rid of every spiro in our bodies, but I would hope to get to a place where I don't have to treat anymore. But at this point, I guess if I could feel good by using a natural tx every day, that would be better than suffering!

This illness is so idiosyncratic. Each person is different and requires different tx, that is for sure. And it probably differs for the same person at different points in time. And there are so many factors to address.

On the comment on the statistics, I just meant that some LLMD's give statistics as if all their patients got better. Well, no one has ALL their patients get better. Dr. K even said, don't send me any more ALS patients; we just end up going to their funerals. Well, that is not just his fault, of course, it's such an advanced stage of the diseases. Still, you would hope for a more encouraging word. But better to be realistic, I guess.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not used Dr K's protocol but have been impressed by how thoroughly he prepares patients prior to lyme treatment.

To get rid of amalgams, detoxify mercury, do other things to cleanse and strengthen the body prior to treatment makes tons of sense. It would make it easier on the body to deal with herx's et al.

I also think to strengthen the gut lining is key if there is a problem there. Food allergies, histamine reactions, some medications (including abx) may cause leaky gut and contribute largely to body toxicity. Read clinical nutritionist Elizabeth Lipski's booklet Leaky Gut Syndrome or her book Digestive Wellness for further info.

This is really important because according to Dr Mark Hyman and Dr Joseph MErcola, 80% of immunity is in the gut lining, its secretions,and its actions. If the gut lining is compromised, there will be increased (blood) toxicity and this can contribute to further illness.

Elizabeth Lipski's books have many solutions to offer, so no despair.

I have the impression that Dr K is a very gifted healer, a deep thinker and a very caring human being who sincerely wants people to get well.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement