LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme & Associated Disease Community Guide For All Members (Help Out!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme & Associated Disease Community Guide For All Members (Help Out!)
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 3 + years of work, the Lyme Disease Guide finally is seeing the day of light. Originally the guide was called the "Newbie Package, which Betty G compiled and would send to new members." Many years later I decided to improve upon the project by adding new material, reorganizing and re-writing some older material. Without the help of many members contributing to the material within this guide -- as well as BettyG's hardwork, this guide would not exist.

This guide contains a vast array of Data ranging from the Controversy Of Lyme Disease, Organzing Medications, Templates for Doctor Appointments thru understanding Babesia, Bartonella, and a variety of other issues including acquiring Social Security Disability.

I'd appreciate all who download this document to feel free to provide me with ideas for refining the document, corrections on grammar etc.

If there are issues that you feel are missing or need further explanation please view this post and follow instructions:

Topics To/Being Researched

Here is the newest version of the document. It will be updated from time to time to refine it and improve the material as well as adding new information.

People are free to write up new "sections" to the guide and I'll gladly implement them into the newer versions.

Update: 03-27-11

Additions: Borders are now correctly implemented. All hyperlinks work correctly including those which direct you to different pages within the guide itself. This allows for easy viewing. Boarders are correctly structured per page. Text has be increased while not increasing the documents length of 81 pgs presently. Dead links have been repaired to some degree.

Here is the Latest PDF version 1.07.

Lyme Guide v.1.07

[ 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: METALLlC BLUE ]

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you post the file as a PDF? PDF format would allow anyone to read it, no matter what platform or software they have.
Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what sillia said.

Thanks!

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will maintain a list below of the topics that currently need to be worked on, and I will then place the usernames of people next to the topics to demonstrate who is working on each. If no name is present, then the issue needs to be dealt with and you may choose to do that project. Just leave a note in this thread letting us know that you're taking up the topic, and I'll place your name. Once you have written up your topic, you can PM it to me, or e-mail it via [email protected]

Topics

• Bionic 880, - METALLIC BLUE
  • PE-1,
  • LightWorks,
  • Dowsing,
  • Bio-Tensor,
  • ART,
  • Applied kineseology
  • "energy medicine",
  • Nosodes,
  • Homeopathic
  • Parasites.
  • Latest Books On Lyme Disease
  • Latest Studies On Persistence Of Borrelia vs. Antibiotics. -- METALLIC BLUE
  • Heavy Metal Chelation Protocol
  • Newest Lab Testing & Labs
  • Adrenal Supplements
  • Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
  • Steroid Use: When Acceptable, When Not
  • Alpha Lipoic Acid
  • Transfer Factor
  • NAC
  • Zhang Protocol
  • Cowden Protocol
  • Burhner Protocol
  • Rife & Electromagnetic Therapies
  • How To Get Short Term Disability & Long from your Employer.
  • Glutathion
  • Antibiotic Combinations For Each Co-infection & Lyme
  • Monotherapies vs Aggressive Multi Drug Therapies: Pros vs. Cons
  • Magnesium
  • Marshall Protocol

If anyone has additional topics to add, let me know.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small correction: Malarone is only available in 250-100 tabs, which is 250mg of atovaquone and 100mg of proguanil.
Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, another brand name for tinidazole is Tindamax.

I've heard that in almost all cases, tinidazole is preferable to metronidazole. The unfortunate thing is that it costs a whole lot more.

Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
Originally posted by 5vforest:
Small correction: Malarone is only available in 250-100 tabs, which is 250mg of atovaquone and 100mg of proguanil.

Adult: 250 mg of atovaquone and 100 mg of proguanil hydrochloride Pediatric contains 62.5 mg of atovaquone and 25 mg of proguanil hydrochloride.

I have also corrected the addition of Tindimax in the "Brand" section.

--------------------

onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5v--what specifically have you heard about tini vs. metro?
I've taken both, so I'm curious.

Thanks...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tini is much easier to handle than flagyl.

In the old days before Tindamax came on the market we had it compounded or purchased it as fasign from Mexico or Europe. It was not that expensive. I remember Hopewell Pharmacy did it.

One might want to look into the price differential, if there is one currently.

Now let's get back to the original poster's topic!

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your hard work!

These links don't work properly:

Finding Support Immediately: Support Groups

http://www.ilads.org/PsychiatristBrochure.pdf

http://ilads.org/PRBrochure.pdf

Dr. Bransfield's Reasons for Seronegativity ( the reasons why
you can test negative and still have Lyme disease

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058059

http://www.yankeemagazine.com/issues/2007-05/features/lymecountry

Link: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/032259.html

Mental Health Clause In Long Term Disability LTD Claims

ILADS guidelines have been removed from the National Clearinghouse for the time being so this link does not take you to those guidelines.
http://tinyurl.com/822xu

these do not show up as hyperlinks
CANDIDA INFECTION:
� Yeast & Candida Lymetoo/TUTU of Lymenet.org links:
� Candida diet and elimination:

Welcome
� Advice,
� New patient links
� Symptoms,
� Tests
� Disability!

This heading is not in red like all the others
Doctors and Patients, Townsend Letter, July 2004 New Ideas About the Cause, Spread and Therapy of Lyme Disease by Dr. James Howenstine

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,
Amazing job you have done. I plan to send the link to some people.

these links don't work:

http://www.noir-medical.com/noir_amber.htm

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/PhotoAlbum_RashBart.html

http://.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=065398#000009

http://www.iowalyme.org/financial.htm

www.streetsthatspeak.com

http://members.utech.net/users/10766/lyme.htm

http://www.columbia-lyme.org/flatp/brainimg.html

topics do not exist
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058128

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058059

This link does not go to the intended page
http://marthatierney.com/fingernails.html

You may want to consider adding this to the mold information. It is chock full of very good information and has tons of useful links.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/80966?

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Michael, I followed the link from your post right before my last post with corrections. You must have deleted that post because it is gone now.

Was it already repaired when you posted? Perhaps you posted the wrong version?

Anyway, I'll stop checking the document if you've already checked all the links.

Terry

TerryK
Member # 8552

Oh I see, you re-posted it below my post,

I just re-loaded the document and checked this link and it is still not fixed in my document.
www.streetsthatspeak.com

I thought maybe it was loading from my cache but that does not seem to be the case.

Terry

TerryK
Member # 8552

ahh... mystery solved. wow, that document looks like it was a lot of work. Thanks so much!!!
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Update: 03-27-11

Additions: Streets that speak has been removed and corrected with a new website to support those who may be homeless or going to be. Continued reviewing of the document is needed to ensure all links work Terry, thank you for your efforts.

Here is the Latest PDF version 1.07.

Lyme Guide v.1.07

--------------------

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
Originally posted by TerryK:
ahh... mystery solved. wow, that document looks like it was a lot of work. Thanks so much!!!

I'm glad you're reconfirming the repairs to ensure I don't miss anything. It was an awful lot of work, years. It's surprising but there are so many specific issues with this illness and covering them all is daunting. I used what Betty had and then added as much as I could while condensing it as much as I could.

Like I said earlier, a lot more needs to be done since the information is outdated in respect that nothing beyond 2008 has been added really -- only some small things. We need updates on all the new treatment methods and new studies and different concepts that have become available since then.

We need to list new books written for example, like Cure Unknown, and Healing Lyme, and all sorts of stuff like that.

The topics I listed above in that "bullet" post have to be done by members. I just can't do a lot of it since I'm so burned out on it. Keeping the PDF updated alone (like we're doing here) is more than enough work for me. Plus I'm keeping the "persistent" studies file (The Case For Chronic Infection) updated and the Online Lyme List that I've recruited a number of people to update with me. We all can access the same document from anywhere in the world, and it makes it much easier having a universal list than having individual lists. Plus it's all anonymous. So only I know who the "authors" are that are updating it. None of the readers or authors know each other.

That was a pain to convert too. I used adobe for all the files, so they can all be shared easily.

I'm not even sure when all is said and done if Lymenet will embrace this Community package we're working on. This thread may drift off into oblivion and the entire thing might be for nothing. We'll see what everyone has to say when plenty of people have had time to review it. If everyone finds it acceptable then it may end up as a permalink in Medical. I should ask if the Case For Chronic Infection has a place too among the permalinks.

If you don't recall that file, here it is:

The Case For Chronic Infection

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full Terry.

[ 03-27-2011, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: METALLlC BLUE ]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement