LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sign this petition, link, from Selma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sign this petition, link, from Selma
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bionic880-PE1] Important petition Herbs will be forbidden and criminal in Europe

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39757.html

To: [email protected]

This is in Europe, but please SIGN IT!! The Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products Directive will kill the right of us, citizens, to have ACCESS to almost all thousands of herbs that are used for centuries or thousands of years!!!

Each herb will need to go through the extensive process of testing that the pharma industry use, that means that to prove that fennel helps calming babies, someone will have to invest about 200,000 US dollars for it.

Each herb will need a minimum of 150,000 USdollars or it will be considered illegal to use it for consumption.

Stevia is already a product that is FORBIDDEN for sale. It can save millions of lives, people with diabetis can take it without the dangers of aspartame or other sweeteners. But all over Europe, it is forbidden, shop keepers can lose their business if they find out people take stevia as a tea!!!

Don't let them win!! Herbs saved my life more than once, without them, I wouldn't be HERE WRITING THIS!!! They saved my child too, who was just 2 years old of serious brain damage due lyme encephalitis.

Help us preserve our rights to buy and sell such products. It will come a time when all homeopathic products will go on the list of forbidden products as they are ALREADY going NON STOP in Europe.

Just see my post on detox: most of the things I list will not be available anymore for us to buy. I wrote as suggestion my favorite detox products and these will become forbidden: CHLORELLA, CARDAMON, BEAR GARLIC TINCTURE, RECHTS REGULAT, BITTER HERBS FOR TEAS, CILANTRO, GARLIC, TURMERIC, SEA WEED PRODUCTS etc.

Peppermint and fennel, two plants that have been used for centuries, will become forbidden to be cited as helping any health condition!

Big Pharma wants to take all the profits for them. Without option, we only will have chemicals to try. Herbs are with us before humans appeared, much before. Please, sign fast, we have only until April 30

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39757.html
-----------------------------
The Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products Directive (THMPD) is presented as a service to European citizens and as simple to apply. However, close examination of its methods in practice demonstrates that the reality will be an egregious abridgement of the rights of individuals to obtain and use the health treatments they choose.

While it benefits citizens for governmental agencies to advise on efficacy and safety of products that have been commonly and freely used by utilising a particular method of inquiry, that information may not address the needs of individuals and presumes that there is only one system for obtaining accurate and beneficial information. That is equivalent to allowing only one religion as the accepted source of truth.

The costs and systems required by THMPD are generally not manageable by small manufacturers, which are the predominant suppliers of herbal products. This results in an unfair competitive advantage to multinational corporations, which ultimately limits the individual's access to quality and selection in herbal medicinal products.

With THMPD, the European Union has overstepped and is severely restricting the unwritten rights of each human being to choose and access methods of managing health. It is a dangerous usurpation of civil rights that assumes the individual does not have the ability to make proper health decisions. Self-determination in matters of health must be treated as an inherent civil right, and THMPD is an abrogation of it.

Read this to see the sort of madness that the EU Commission is already enacting--and that you may help stop by signing this petition.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a comment from a friend of mine in Germany:

"...the petition we were supposed to sign...
... Needless to say, we didn't sign it. The reasons for protest
given were completely erroneous. Gundel took the trouble to look up the
ordinance in the net and found out what it is really about. It is
absolutely false to claim that if you grow peppermint and sell it you
are committing a crime - what a bunch of hogwash! What the THMPD does
say is that a doctor cannot prescribe herbal medicines unless they have
gone through the EU checks and validated themselves. That does not mean
you cannot buy the products - only that they cannot be officially sold
as medicine. However, anyone who wants to can gain access to them and
use them as they see fit.

Small manufacturers will have problems meeting the costs required to
pass the examinations, but there is information in the net to help them.

We also wish to point out to the protesters that the law has been in
effect in Germany and many other countries since 2004 and if the problem
seems so acute to them they should have gotten their movement started
many years ago when there might have been a small chance of success. The
date they give, April 30, 2011 is the absolutely final deadline when the
law must be in effect in all EU countries. In most it has been long
since passed.

Last not least, we are extremely curious as to why such a fuss is being
made in the USA about a directive that is only valid in the EU and has
absolutely no application for herbalists anywhere else. We got the
strong impression that the authors of the protest were mainly anti-EU
rather than anti-THMPD. While there is much to be criticized about EU
bureaucracy and we are not by any means in agreement with all measures, we
feel that the FDA would be a more appropriate target for their campaigns."
-----------------------
---------------------
I personally don't know, i didn't research it.

-----Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement