LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Going to Spain for treatment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to Spain for treatment
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd let you all know I am going here for treatment. I'm leaving in a couple of weeks and will be gone for two weeks so back the end of April. I don't know a lot about this doc and the web site doesn't give a ton of info. What I do know are several people who've had great results treating with him for both Lyme and cancer. Wish me luck. I will report back in May!

http://www.institutohilu.com/en/hilu.html

Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessings coming your way, come back well !!!!

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you have a good experience. We will be anxious to know how things went for you and if the treatment helped.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not thoroughly researched this doc and treatment, but the mention of the Bradford clinic in Mexico does raise some concerns.

Please be aware of the dangers of IV bismuth if that is one of the treatments suggested. There is an article in the Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients from several years ago regarding the treatment program in use several years ago. Don't know if that is the current protocol or not. Pretty sure that the article I mentioned is online.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best to you!
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Enjoy the sun and may it help you to get well! Take care.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spain!!! How wonderful for you...don't forget about us here...hope it is the best thing ever for you!
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barcelona! I've always wanted to go there.

Will you be able to spend a few days sight-seeing?

Do you know Spanish or you have translator?

I hope it is everything you are looking for and you come back 100% well.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better than Barcelona ... Marbella, on the Costa del Sol. I've never seen the Mediteranean before. If I can manage the travel, it should be a great trip.

No translator and very little Spanish. I'm hoping we will run into enough people who speak English.

I don't know about sight seeing. I guess it will depend on how I feel. It's hard for me to even get out of the house or walk much at all, so I'm not counting on having the energy for sight seeing. But maybe.

Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
back2game
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for back2game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers for you on this journey. Think positive and you will be rewarded. Try to have some fun too! God Bless You.

--------------------
CNS Lyme 05/08 - EIA 1.16+, IGG 18+, IGM 23+
01/11-IGM 31 Epitope Positive
01/11-IGM 31+++, 41+, 58++, 83-93+, 23-25IND, 39IND
01/11-IGG 41+
Vasculitis 01/07,MCTD 05/06,Fibro 11/04, Myofascial PS 11/03
Embedded Tick app. 1990

Posts: 136 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caniggia
Member # 30479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caniggia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find a lot of people who speak english, especially among the younger people. Have a great trip! [Smile]

--------------------
My blog about my condition - http://borreliawenttofar.wordpress.com - Diagnosed with cellular activity for Borrelia, Ehrlichia, Chlamydia Pneu. Also have the herpes simplex virus.

Posts: 52 | From Sweden | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't know a lot about this doc and the web site doesn't give a ton of info..."

Wow, how did you arrive at the decision then? Don't mean to be mean, but that's a big step to take...

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best of luck

you will do great

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Cold, I decided to do this because I just really need to do something. I'm not someone who can take antibiotics for years. It just doesn't feel right for me. This doctor uses nutrition, orthomolecular medicine and detox. My understanding is that he has a million dollar microscope which he uses to diagnose. He can tell exactly what bugs, parasites and nutritional deficits you have, which makes it easier to kill bugs, detox and provide the proper nutrients. Although I don't know a lot about the clinic, I do know some people who've had miraculous recoveries there. We all know there are no guarantees here, but I feel led to go here. So, as someone else said, nothing ventured, nothing gained and at least it's in a beautiful part of the world. I havent had a vacation in quite some time.
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Barthelona" is beautiful. Enjoy and get well!

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone who was sick for years who did something like this in NYC. He is better now. SO I guess it works for some people.

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jlp38

What does the treatment cost?

I love this kind of stuff

Thanks

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

�10,000, which will come to around $14,000 I think. That is for 2 weeks of treatment. For that money I sure hope it helps a lot! We've had some amazing friends helping us fund raise for it.
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Pretty pricey- But if it works well worth it.

Will be very interested to hear how it goes.

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and god bless.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes! I will report back in May, if not sooner.
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of my price range. [Frown] I wish you the best. I wouldn't be able to make that trip anyways healthwise.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

JLP38

Any Update? Sure hope everything went really well.\

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement