LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Urine Odor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urine Odor
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This hasn't changed for me in last 4 months.
My urine and body odor still reeeeeek.

I think it may be caused by 1 of the following:

1) Liver congestion (I'm on milk thistle! and pekana apo-hepat)

2) Undigested food (can that cause bad urine odor?)

3) Ammonia (die off or bart/borrelia)

4) Parasites

Frustrating going out in public like this.
*shrugs shoulders*

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Undigested food is more likely to contribute to bad breath or body odor than urine odor.

Sounds like you have detox challenges to deal with. Do you do any detox baths or dry skin brushing or anything like that?

Also, charcoal tablets and chlorophyll supplements may help reduce the potency of the body odor. I don't know if they'll help with the urine odor.

There are tests that may be able to determine whether or not your odor problems are from ammonia or other toxins vs. parasites, etc. - Naturopathic and Integrative physicians are more aware of these types of issues and may be helpful for you.

Take care,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen this symptom mentioned before, notice it myself at times and think it must be quite common with Lyme.

Part of it may be that you become more sensitive to smells; there is also the possibility that drugs /supplements affect the smell of the urine, not to mention yeasts, possible biotoxin die off and pathogens in general.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Razzle, what are the tests to get done to pinpoint the issue?

I actually think i detox pretty well minus liver issues.

I dry brush, epsom salt baths, exercise.

And my herxes are minimal and i attribute it to detoxing.

but clearly my body is dealing with something and I'd like to assist it in ridding myself of it.

I am surprised this isn't more common.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you asked your LLMD about it??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

I asked myself - yes : )

Ha I don't have a doc

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let see...

There are urine or blood tests to look for organic acids, ammonia, and other toxins.

Methylation tests to see if you have genomic variants that will affect your ability to effectively detox (i.e., methylation function must be optimal to produce glutathione, which is needed for detoxing).

General blood chemistry tests - showing liver function, kidney function, levels of electrolytes, proteins, blood glucose.

RBC elements tests that show minerals and heavy metals.

Hair analysis can also show minerals and heavy metals. Although, the effectiveness of this testing is controversial...some think it is great, others don't think it is indicative of toxic burden of metals...

Probably other tests I'm missing...

I hope this helps...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles2go
Member # 20119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miles2go   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked your glucose level? Also research ketones. Ketones cause the urine to have a strong sweet scent & the breath smells the same. Don't know about BO. Glucose monitors are sold at Walmart. When my glucose levels are too high, I take 1 cinnamon capsule each day. If that's not it, I would see a doctor.
Posts: 75 | From Va. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles2go
Member # 20119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miles2go   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought of something else. If glucose levels are super high, you need to see a doctor asap for a diabetes test.
Posts: 75 | From Va. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canefan17:
I asked myself - yes : )

Ha I don't have a doc

-
I didn't know that! Ketones is a possibility. Better get your glucose checked.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement